zieg72

I just picked up a Kubota BX2350, please don't hate me

zieg72

I thought long and hard on this purchase.  I love the Wheel Horse brand but never really was completely satisfied with the speed/quality of cut.  Best cut goes to a 60" deck on a 520H but the 20 hp is not enough to power it without going painfully slow due to the type of lawn I have.  48" does an OK job and actually saves gas and gets the job done faster but quality of cut suffers.  I looked unsuccessfully for a 523DXI so I pulled the trigger when my brother wanted to upgrade to something slightly more powerful and sold me this one.  It came with a FEL, not pictured.  It sips on the diesel and with the 54" deck it should do great.  Did I mention it is a 4x4?  I am still planning on keeping my 414-8 as a back up but everything else will be sold.

post-96-0-84701100-1403381575_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

rick

Nice!

cleat

Once you have the loader you will not lift much by hand any more.

I use mine almost daily. Hard to believe a 3 cyl diesel can burn so much less fuel than a much smaller gas engine but they really do.

I work my diesel a lot at only 1200 or so RPM's unless mowing grass or blowing snow.

Have fun with it !!

zieg72

Once you have the loader you will not lift much by hand any more.

I use mine almost daily. Hard to believe a 3 cyl diesel can burn so much less fuel than a much smaller gas engine but they really do.

I work my diesel a lot at only 1200 or so RPM's unless mowing grass or blowing snow.

Have fun with it !!

Oh, I have the loader, just not in the picture.  It will come in very handy.  I hope to find a front plow for it.

can whlvr

real nice tractor,my skid steer has a kobota diesel 38 hp,it uses a lot less fuel than any of my horses,and can do what 10 couldn't,might have to put a diesel in a horse one day,that kobots will treat you very well,they are very good machines

CasualObserver

Very nice.  I think you'll really like that tractor. Kubota has been building nice tractors for years, and I don't think people often give them up unless they're upgrading or just getting something newer.

zieg72

I really hope I like it.  I was bummed with all the rain I couldn't try it out this weekend.  Next weekend the grass should be out of control again and I will really see what it will do.  Have to re-arrange my garage so I can take the FEL off.  First time in a long time I am looking forward to cutting grass again...

wh500special

My dad is on his second Kubota BX and really loves them.  His first was a predecessor to yours - a BX2200 - with the loader and a 60" deck.  This one is a BX24 with the loader, deck, and backhoe.  Only reason for the upgrade was to get the backhoe.  Solid machines.

Parked next to the D250 they look about the same size, but the capabilities and modern nicities are worlds apart.  You're probably going to most love the power steering around your trees.

The 3pt on these subcompacts is a touch narrower than on larger frame tractors.  If you find yourself shopping for rear mounted implements be sure to take a tape measure with you, look for implements for subcompacts with "limited" category 1 hitches, and on larger implements check to see if the drawpins can be reversed to point inside the triangle rather than out.

You ought to love it.

Steve

RMCIII

Been looking at the 6000 and 7000 series. Wanting to see something with a deck and a loader. I usually see something with one of the (2), but not both. Boater is a goater..... They really have a quality line of SCUTs that lack any reason why one would not want to jump on a deal...

Rob

zieg72

I can't believe how quick and easy the FEL comes off.  I'll take pics of it with the bucket on before I remove it.  This machine has under 300 hours so I hope it is the last one I'll ever need.  Loving the enclosed cab option but very pricey.  I will be looking for a front plow for it.  Tomorrow afternoon is the big day if it is dry enough to see what it will do.  Can't wait...

• Like 1

RMCIII

If you decide you do not like it...

518xi w/ 48" deck

42" snowblower - videos are posted on RS of it in action 2013-2014

Cab

Weights

Chains

Only 277hrs.

Trade and some $$$

Rob

zieg72

If you decide you do not like it...

518xi w/ 48" deck

42" snowblower - videos are posted on RS of it in action 2013-2014

Cab

Weights

Chains

Only 277hrs.

Trade and some $$$

Rob

Probably not gonna want to get off of it once I start using it. As pictured at my brothers house, I mowed some of his lawn and the only thing I didn't like was how the seat bottom is tilting down, makes you want to slide off of it.  I see the new ones aren't that way so I am going to try and figure out how to set it right.

rexman72

that's a great looking machine

zieg72

that's a great looking machine

Thanks

Racinbob

Very nice! I'm staying loyal to :wh: but I do know that Kubotas are great machines too. There was a gentleman who posted on here about his issues getting on and off his Wheel Horse due to, if I'm remembering correctly, his age. Your new machine sure would solve that problem.

zieg72

I am not ditching my wheel horse as I still need it for nimble things the Kubota is too big for.  After mowing and moving my 520H to the shed I got on the 417-8 to do the close stuff, still keeping that one and will probably repower the 520H or part it out.  I'd love to keep all 3 but one will have to go.  I didn't realize until you mentioned it how easy getting on and off the Kubota is versus the 417-8

zieg72

I had to break down and buy some fuel today.  Got 6 cuttings and a bunch of playing around with the FEL on 5 gallons of diesel.  Didn't quite make 2 with the 520H or 4 with the 414-8.  Really digging it...

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

very nice, best of luck. a snow blower option would be great.

thats one of the best things to me with my wheel horse, the snow blower. I am new to nice stuff like this, even at my advanced age. never looked. allways bought the big garbage tractors and ran them till they blew up. lol

the 522xi is a beast and wonderfull to mow with and drive. but a big ***** to find things for. just sayin it like it is.

Glenn

• Like 1

RMCIII

very nice, best of luck. a snow blower option would be great.

thats one of the best things to me with my wheel horse, the snow blower. I am new to nice stuff like this, even at my advanced age. never looked. allways bought the big garbage tractors and ran them till they blew up. lol

the 522xi is a beast and wonderfull to mow with and drive. but a big ***** to find things for. just sayin it like it is.

Glenn

:text-yeahthat: Yep, the "XI" line is a beast. But the cost and time it takes for find wear/tear items and attachments is a major pain! :rant2:

• Like 1