Stigian

Project "Why Not"

Stigian

Sorry guys, no idea when the next update will be. My Wife is seriously ill in hospital, so WH's will just have to wait until my Wife is better and life has returned to normal..

nappypappy

well wife comes first....other stuff after.........hope she gets better............

• Like 1

JC 1965

Ian,  sorry to here your wife is ill. Prayers just went out for her speedy recovery. Hope she is feeling better real soon.

• Like 1

callum12

very sorry to here that, i wish her and yourself all the best.
callum

• Like 1

Pullstart

wishes for 100% recoveries, take care Ian

• Like 1

Horse46

Ian fingers are crossed for your wife and a speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

RedRanger

Sorry to hear about the sick spouse.  Hope she gets better soon.  

• Like 1

Stigian

Thanks for all the best wishes guy's, they are much appreciated :thumbs:

Well, what a few weeks that has been.. Very busy and the most scary life has ever been!
I will try and keep this short as it's quite a long story.

My Wife noticed she was getting out of breath on the Monday morning at work, he office is 3 floors up and not lift, so plenty of stairs..
She saw a doctor first thing Tuesday morning, which wasn't helpful! and then off to work.. This time she barely made it up the stairs!
Wednesday and Thursday she decided to work from home as was alright all the time she was sitting at her desk..
Friday morning dawned and things were not good, my Wife was really struggling to get her breath so back off to the docs again only to be told your having a panic attack and to clam down (with a "if it gets any worse call an ambulance" thrown in to cover his *rse)!

The ambulance was called late Friday afternoon!
These days if you call an ambulance and it's not going to reach you for a while they have "first response" people that deal with the area close to you... As luck would have it the closest 1st response person was very close.. She lives just across the road sort of close!
My Wife's breathing improved a great deal with an oxygen mask, but as soon as the mask was removed her sats dropped very fast at an alarming rate!

So one very fast trip to hospital in an ambulance later she was rushed into resus to try and work out what was going on. My Wife's daughter Lisa had joined the party by this point, the feeling we both had when we were kicked out of resus because my wife had suddenly become "unresponsive" was unbelievably terrifying to say the least.. Lot's of docs and nurses running around sort of thing..    My Wife had died for a very short while!

However my Wife is a fighter which kept her going.. I'm so glad..

A scan showed up she had a pulmonary embolus  otherwise known as 6 large blood clots in her lungs!
One blood clot buster injection later Lisa and I were told that she has a 50/50 chance of surviving the next 3 hours!!   Oh, and were kicking you out of the hospital now as she is being moved to intensive care!  By now it was 5.30 Saturday morning!

3 weeks and 5 days later I'm happy to say my wife is doing well..    Home from hospital, she has been given the ok to drive again, and she did some work from home yesterday for the first time since all this started..

It will be a while until she is back to work full time, but the main thing now is to work out why the blood clots happened in the first place!   A scan this morning showed up that the left side of her thyroid is missing which may of had something to do with it!

Oh.. Not much has been happening with Why Not other than a couple of parcels turned up...

WN830_zpsxbecfbyo.jpg

WN831_zpsbycpznhw.jpg

• Like 4

meadowfield

Jeeeez, no wonder you've been quiet, glad she's on the mend! I think we can forgive you for lack of updates!

• Like 1

roadapples

Glad she is doing better. Hope the worst is over. Your in our prayers.

• Like 1

RedRanger

Glad she's doing well.  Thank goodness for modern medicine.

• Like 1

Pullstart

Good to hear things are on the way back to normal around your place!

• Like 1

JC 1965

WOW !!   That sounds like a close call indeed. I'm sure glad your wife is feeling better. The prayers are still coming her way. Thank you for updating us on her condition. Be sure and take care of yourself during this stressful time so you can be there for her.

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

holy sheit Ian, that aint nothing. luckely there is modern medical science:thumbs: 

• Like 1

Stigian

Thanks Guy's, yes it was a very close call indeed... Way too close for my liking!
But I'm very happy to say she is doing very well, partly working from home and partly going in to the office, so yep things are good :)

It's been slow progress on Why Not, the bag of bit I bought from FleaBay soon showed that you get what you pay for as the "brain" bit fried it's self!

So I started playing about building my own system :)

WN832_zpsxo1z6his.jpg

Which evolved into this panel.

WN838_zpslcl6occx.jpg

It bolts under the fender pan.. Sorry about the rubbish photo.

WN837_zpsi0zie8ab.jpg

If you hadn't worked out what I'm up to this photo of spark testing will give the game away :lol:

WN839_zpsjhqljwdy.jpg

If not then the next few photos will certainly give the game away :D
These flames were produced by lighting un-burnt fuel that comes out the engine..

WN841_zps5wk5n97l.jpg

WN840_zpsp5bbchau.jpg

WN842_zps6iucnig5.jpg

And for your entertainment a short vid of gas (the compressed in a can type) being injected in to the exhaust cans. The gas was being ignited by the hot exhaust gases..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxS3pZC7-_o

Edited by Stigian
  • Like 3

Stigian

Sorry guy's 'n' girls, that was rather a rubbish write up, let's try again or at least try and explain things a bit better. :)

The blue flames were created by turning on the spark plus in the exhaust pipes, revving the engine to about 4000rpm...
I then press another button which cuts the spark to the engine, at the same time flooring the throttle pedal..
The un-burnt fuel/air mix gets pushed out of the engine into the exhaust where the spark plugs light it.

The yellow flames in the video were simply made by injecting gas (the small canister type you put on to hand held blow torches) into the exhaust can.. The engines hot gasses is lighting the gas in the exhaust can when I rev the engine..

Now, I would like much larger flames but I'm not quite sure how to do it.. Is it the type of gas and not enough of it/pressure ?

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

maybe try acetelyne, gives a nice yellow flame when lit

• Like 1

19richie66

If you can't mow the grass, torch it!  Looks cool Ian. Glad your wife is feeling better.

• Like 2

Horse46

Glad to hear your wife is making a good recovery Ian.

Nice to see back on here to with your crazy ideas:D

• Like 1

Stigian

maybe try acetelyne, gives a nice yellow flame when lit

That's a thought Koen, the problem is where to hide a big gas bottle without having to tow a trailer.

If you can't mow the grass, torch it!  Looks cool Ian. Glad your wife is feeling better.

Thanks Richie, the flames could come in handy when the snow comes.. Snow blowers and plows are so "last year". This year it's all about melting the white stuff :lol:
I'm glad my wife is feeling better too.. She's not a good patient :D

Glad to hear your wife is making a good recovery Ian.

Nice to see back on here to with your crazy ideas

Thanks Horse :thumbs:

I'm having a break from this crazy project (my creative battery's need a break and a recharge) to build another crazy machine..   Just click on the link below.

Project Horse Gut

Stigian

Well..... I woke Project up from her 2 odd month slumber yesterday and thought I'd take her for a little drive before I start on the flaming exhausts again...

I may of got carried away a bit :D

WN846_zpsowy180gg.jpg

WN849_zpsdoevbo4l.jpg

• Like 7

Pullstart

Oh yeah!  That is awesome!

My vote's for some super swamper bogger tires and a selectable locker in the rearend.  For sure :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

roadapples

We have to grow old, but we don`t have to grow up. Wish I could have been there for that..

• Like 3

19richie66

Definately would not be any good for mowing yards. Resodding....yes!... Mowing, no. Would be fun to try though.

• Like 3

JC 1965

That looks like fun Ian. Good luck cleaning off all that mud. Great video thanks for sharing.      :thumbs2:

• Like 1