digitalgraham

K241 dying in UK

digitalgraham

Help needed as parts supply in the UK seems to be difficult to source!

It seems that my C105 K241 engine has a serious knocking noise which sounds like the bottom end somewhere. I haven't tried taking it apart yet, mainly because I've never rebuilt an engine before, also after many hours of searching the internet and email companies in the UK I am struggling to find the parts that I may need.

Unless anyone in the UK on here can point me in the right direction for engine component suppliers or someone who can rebuild the kohler engine, then I may have to look to re-engine the C105 with a different engine manufacturer.

Any help or suggestions would be welcomed, thanks.

Graham

leeave96

Is it possible your engine has balance gears and they are making the noise?

digitalgraham

Is it possible your engine has balance gears and they are making the noise?

Interesting leeave96 ... how would I know or how do I check to see if these gears are fitted? If it is these making the noise what are my options?

leeave96

Interesting leeave96 ... how would I know or how do I check to see if these gears are fitted? If it is these making the noise what are my options?

You have to pull the oil pan. If they are there, feel them for looseness. Regardless if they are loose or tight, I'd remove them as they have put many holes through the side of a block.

meadowfield

Graham,

Come say hello in the euro section, we are a good bunch and will try do what we can to get you sorted :D

You will need to take it apart to take a look, it's not that tricky...

digitalgraham

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll be having a day in the workshop this week, so hopefully I'll figure it out.

Can the oil pan be pulled off without removing the engine from the tractor?

leeave96

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll be having a day in the workshop this week, so hopefully I'll figure it out.

Can the oil pan be pulled off without removing the engine from the tractor?

No - you'll have to pull the engine.

can whlvr

sure sounds like the rod clearance,it can be checked b=with out a total tear down,but its gonna need some help,and if it were me I would do a total rebuild,then shes good for another 40 years properly maintained

hitchinsm

Hi, I am in Kenilworth Warwickshire and keep all of the engine parts for K and Magnum engines in stock including rebuilt engines. Web Site is

www.guypartsandservice.co.uk

Regards Mike 07802 199906

• Like 2

Sparky

Hi, I am in Kenilworth Warwickshire and keep all of the engine parts for K and Magnum engines in stock including rebuilt engines. Web Site is

www.guypartsand service.co.uk

Welcome to the site Mike!

So that settle's that.....Kohler parts are available on the "other side" :eusa-clap:   .

Mike..........

rmaynard

In my experience, I have never seen balancing gears in a K-241. Sounds like a connecting rod to me.

digitalgraham

www.guypartsandservice.co.uk

Hi Mike, thanks for the contact ... I'm sure I'll be in contact shortly :)

I've just bough a Magnum 8 to install into the C105 to keep it in use for the time being, with a view to stripping and giving the K241 a complete overhaul rather than a temporary fix.