can whlvr

bad fall

can whlvr

so im working on a pool for work,were repairing the concrete and refinishing it,i build a quick scaffold around the perimeter and get to work stripping the coping off,im 5 feet up which isn't very high in my line of work,ans all of a sudden the scaff kicks out and im laying on my back stunned and confused,i lay there for about 5 minites and then try to get up,i cant,i needed help to get out,so im off work and my back is pretty sore,its been a week and its not getting any better,the worse thing is I have all this time off and cant even ride a horse let alone wrench or restore any :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

rexman72

I can relate to being off from work as I am so bored and want to go back soon

AMC RULES

Sorry to hear...   :eusa-think: 

what caused the scaffolding to fail? 

Lane Ranger

Don:  You are a lucky guy.   Mend from the fall and you will be riding your horses soon enough!   Glad to hear you had help to get you on your feet.   Sometimes help is just not close at all!

Terry M

OUCH!!    Been There, Done that......except off of icey steps last winter.   Gravity sure starts to hurt when you get older, :handgestures-thumbdown:

• Like 1

tunahead72

Sorry to hear about your accident, Don.  Take your time and heal right, you'll know when it's time to get back to work.  The good news of course is that you now have more time to hang out here on RedSquare. :icecream:

can whlvr

thanks for the support guys,as to why the scaff failed,my error,i didn't build it well enough,i only needed for about 10 minutes,so I didn't brace it well enough and a main support slipped and dumped me,im just glad that I was hurt and not someone else,as a couple others were about to use it too,just goes to show,NEVER be in a hurry,even if its onlt a few feet off the ground

• Like 1

Sparky

That's some good advise Don.

Heal up fast!

Mike..........

AMC RULES

Yep, gravity don't play...hope your feeling better.  

God speed on your recovery.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

stevasaurus

WOW Don, just saw this...hope you are OK.  Reminds me of my old tree trimming days.  I should have tied off the ladder.  Heal fast mate.  It never takes longer to be safe, then it does to heal back up.  :bow-blue:

It has been a few weeks now...how are you doing??

neil

I remember a good few years back , a young lad of 21 fell off a scaffold 2m high landed awkwardly & broke his back & has been paralysed ever since , he must be in his late 40s now.

Glad you are ok , and you are on the mend

can whlvr

back to work,but ive got serious lower back pain that I never had before,hopr it goes away

Buzz

Don you never did say whether you had x-rays or an MRI. If you did, was there any damage except bruising? If you didn't have them, get them. You were hurt on the job, the company should have sent you for them. A back is nothing to mess with.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Don, glad to hear it wasnt worse. your lucky.

I slipped on the ice this past winter, my ass bone still hurts, the older ya get the longer it takes I guess.

Glenn

squonk

Now you have to go to the Big Show and get awarded "The Hard Hat"  :)

Wheel-N-It

Sorry for not jumping in here sooner Don, but I was not aware you had fallen. Glad to hear you are able to be back to work, even with the pain. Hang in there friend. I'll keep checking in to see how you are progressing.