Fun Engineer

04, Two Piece, Black with black pleats seat covers, NEW PRODUCT

Fun Engineer

Many of you have seen my one piece black with white pleat seat covers that use a draw string designed for the Lawn Rangers and other mid 60's Wheel Horse tractors.

I had a request from one of our members to produce a "two piece" seat that would fit the metal seat pan of the 857 and Commando series of tractors with the two piece interior  sheet metal seat frame. I'm happy to announce that I will have a couple of these seats available for the 2014 Wheel Horse Collectors Show in Pennsylvania.  

PICTURES!

Uninstalled seats.

Here's a picture of an original seat on my 857 so you can see what it will look like and two pictures of a one piece that was made with the same materials.

blackseat3.jpg

These are the last seat covers that I will produce.

So if you’ve been interested in finishing off that restoration project you worked so hard on, now is the time to buy that seat. Order and pay for yours today and I’ll deliver to the show for free (no shipping charge).

These faithfully reproduced seat covers were made using high quality marine grade vinyl designed for years of dependable service.  An original seat cover from an 857 was used as a pattern to assure accuracy and fit.  Materials were chosen that most closely match the original vinyl material used in the 60’s for color, style and texture. In order to save costs on shipping, foam is not included but is available at stores like Joann Fabrics or Michaels.  I have also used three layers of ½ inch carpet pad purchased at Lowes.  One or one and a half inch works well, depending upon its firmness.  Cut the foam to fit the different angles of the seat bottom and back. I use 3M Upholstery adhesive and glue the foam to the metal pan. Using adhesive is only an option and not required. Do not use adhesive  on the vinyl except where the vinyl attaches to the interior sheet metal frame as it can bleed through.

I accept checks (with the appropriate waiting period), cash or PAYPAL  at burleyfarm@yahoo.com

Price:    $56 shipped east of the Mississippi in the continental US.

$57 shipped west of the Mississippi in the continental US. OR,

$50 prepaid and delivered to the 2014 Wheel Horse Collectors Show in Pennsylvania, June 19-21, 2014.

Remember, these are the last seats that I will produce.  There will be a limited number of seat covers available (2 or 3) at the show so order yours today.

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 1

Fun Engineer

Here are a few pictures of the new two piece seats. Remember if you need or want one there are only a few available and these are the last seats I plan on manufacturing so order today. Cost is $50 + $6 shipping. Save $6 and I'll deliver to the show this week for FREE.

Sorry but I'm not able to rotate this one for some reason.

This is taken next to an original seat.

Fun Engineer

Sold out. Sorry, sold the last of these two piece covers this morning.

Thank you for your support.

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Fun Engineer

• Similar Content

• rustyedge1
      By rustyedge1
      Looking at this Ferris seat and wondering about the issues I may encounter in trying to switch out entire seat on the 417 or even if it can be done ?
      Any info would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

• Monstrosity
      By Monstrosity
      Show off what your doing from the seat of your Horse!!! Fixed up a mowing deck for the 1277 and put the plow on the C1014. Getting ready to level a topsoil pile and going down the block to mow the small park to test the mowing deck out.
    • Bach-Ed
      By Bach-Ed
      I need a little part number help.   I'm looking for the part number of the idler pulley that tensions the drive belt on my 857.  The diagram shows the left side of the tractor.  And I can't seem to locate the pulley on the parts drawing.  The bearings have gone out on my tractor's idler.
    • Bach-Ed
      By Bach-Ed
      I needed to disassemble the brake/cluch linkage on my 857.   Am I missing something or do 2593 Clutch Rod, 5544 Parking Brake Lever and 3935 Brake Rod all need to be in place on 4899 Clutch Rod Pivot Arm  before I can struggle to align the holes with that of the 3950 Idler Arm Shaft to insert the roll pin?  I'm using up all my naughty words trying to get this back in place.  I'm hope someone can suggest a better way.  Or all you can do is extend your sympathies?