Fun Engineer

01, Black and white pleated seat covers, NEW.

Fun Engineer

Please read.    I am no longer in the seat business but have found a new source.  His name is Terry Wolf.  You can reach him at 937-548-3781.  His seat covers are made to exact dimensions of the originals and the material is excellent. He is charging $49 plus $7 shipping.   Thanks for your loyalty these past few years.

Time to update my vendor page. 

I’m receiving a new run of the black with white pleats seat covers this Friday just in time for the 2014 Wheel Horse Collectors Show in Pennsylvania.

These are the last seat covers that I will produce.

So if you’ve been interested in finishing off that restoration project you worked so hard on, now is the time to buy that seat cover. Order and pay for yours today and I’ll deliver to the show for free (no shipping charge).

Here are a couple of pictures of a seat cover installed on my 857.

IMG_0503_zpsa0a9cb66.jpgblackseat5.jpg

These faithfully reproduced seat covers were made using high quality marine grade vinyl designed for years of dependable service.  An original seat cover from my Lawn Ranger L-157 was used as a pattern to assure accuracy and fit.  Materials were chosen that most closely match the original vinyl material used in the 60’s for color, style and texture. In order to save costs on shipping, foam and 1/8-3/16†cord is not included but is available at stores like Joann Fabrics or Michaels.  I have also used three layers of ½ inch carpet pad purchased at Lowes.  One and a half inch works well, depending upon its firmness.  Cut the foam to fit the different angles of the seat bottom and back. I use 3M Upholstery adhesive and glue the foam to the metal pan. Using adhesive is only an option and not required. Do not use adhesive on the vinyl as it can bleed through.

I accept checks (with the appropriate waiting period), cash or PAYPAL at burleyfarm@yahoo.com Contact me for details.

Price:    $56 shipped east of the Mississippi in the continental US.

$57 shipped west of the Mississippi in the continental US. OR,

$50 prepaid and delivered to the 2014 Wheel Horse Collectors Show in Pennsylvania, June 19-21, 2014.

Remember, these are the last black and white seats that I will produce.  There are a limited number of seat covers available so order yours today.

PM me or contact me at the above email address if you have any questions.

Thanks for your interest. The production of these seat covers has been the result of a love for our hobby, but unfortunately the time has come to move on to other interests and I've also lost my upholsterer to the great state of Florida. I want to thank all those that have purchased seat covers from me in the past.  It's a great feeling to see all the restorations with one of my seat covers.

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 1

stevebo

Looking forward to mine at the big show. My son is looking forward to having his new seat cover for his lawn ranger !!

• Like 1

jdleach

Is there anyone else who will be producing seat covers?

Fun Engineer

Only five left. If your at the show, stop and buy one. These are the last one 's that I'll be producing.

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk 2

Fun Engineer

Three left.

dennist

Dave, The cover is excellent, great material and done up real nice. Thank you for offering these up for sale. -Dennis

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Thanks Dennis. I have one of these covers left.

I'm looking for a new upholsterer but it's not looking too promising

Sent from my tractor seat.

Edited by Fun Engineer

Fun Engineer

Sold out.

I'm currently in negotiations to acquire the inventory of a gentleman that produces black with white pleats and black with hand sewn black pleat seat covers.  These are the best I've ever seen. Hopefully things will work out.  I will keep the group posted if this works out.

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 1

Fun Engineer

Here's the good and bad on seat covers.

First the bad. I have decided to discontinue my seat cover hobby. For several resons I've decided to direct my energies else where.

Now for the good.

I have found a new supplier that you can purchase new seat covers from. His covers are excellent quality and fit very well. In my opinion these are even better quality than what I was able to have produced. These are styled after the early Lawn Ranger seats. He has them made in both black with white pleats and all black.

Terry normally sells his covers at tractor shows and does not use the internet to market or sell them. I have discussed putting his information in my vendors section so that the forum members would still have a source for seats and to help him sell seat covers and he agreed.

So give him a call and he'll take care of you. Please mention that Dave Burley referred you to him. He screens his calls so expect his answering machine and a call back.

His name is Terry Wolfe, 937-548-3781

Here is a picture of a seat that has not yet been installed.

u7y2eqam.jpg

Ignore the wrinkles as it's just sitting on our dinning room table and is not stretched out.

These are the best I've ever seen. The gentleman that makes these for him is in his 70's and does an excellent job.

Give Terry a call. You won't be sorry.

Dave

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 2

Wayne

Thank you for the extra leg work to keep us hooked up, I was  afraid I was going to have to break out the old (no really it's old) Singer and experiment. that may NOT have been pretty  :)

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

If you called terry in the last three week and didn't get a call back he's out of town. Will be back around the 28th of September.

Fun Engineer

I appreciate the mods keeping this topic alive :)

I heard from Live4outdoors that Terry is still selling the seat covers.

Hope those that need a cover can hook up with him. Please let him know that you learned of him on Red Square.

Have a :text-merryxmas: and  :text-happynewyear:  everyone.

Dave

Fun Engineer

I contacted Terry Wolfe the other day and he is still selling his seat covers :woohoo:   He currently has two left in stock.  If your thinking about finishing that restoration project or just want a simple upgrade to make your stallion look like new give him a call. He prefers the phone over the internet.

You can reach him at: 937-548-3781

He is charging $49 plus $7 shipping.

If your interested in an all black seat cover he can do that also but I believe there is a slight upcharge as the pleats need to be machine sewn. 

Let me know if you purchase from him and send or post pictures here.  Make sure to tell him you heard about his seats here on Red Square.

Live4outdoors

Hey I will speak for Terry, what a nice guy and was a pleasure to deal with, turn around was about 2 weeks from when I sent my check! The seat cover came and I couldn't be more happy, will probably wait til warmer weather to stretch it on but looks like a factory cover and very well made thank you fun engineer for the wonderful lead!

• Like 2

Fun Engineer

Hey I will speak for Terry, what a nice guy and was a pleasure to deal with, turn around was about 2 weeks from when I sent my check! The seat cover came and I couldn't be more happy, will probably wait til warmer weather to stretch it on but looks like a factory cover and very well made thank you fun engineer for the wonderful lead!

Make sure to post pictures[emoji1]

Sent from my tractor seat.

• Similar Content

• rustyedge1
      By rustyedge1
      Looking at this Ferris seat and wondering about the issues I may encounter in trying to switch out entire seat on the 417 or even if it can be done ?
      Any info would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      Picked up a 1972 Commando 800 w/36” rear discharge. From the grandson of the original owner. Hasn’t run in decades but have no doubt that with some cleaning up of carb, fuel system and check the head, it will run like a Horse.
      Has anyone ever seen the steering cap logo like this? 

• Monstrosity
      By Monstrosity
      Show off what your doing from the seat of your Horse!!! Fixed up a mowing deck for the 1277 and put the plow on the C1014. Getting ready to level a topsoil pile and going down the block to mow the small park to test the mowing deck out.
    • Matt_8
      By Matt_8
      I was wondering if anyone knew what wheel weights i would use for my lawn ranger on stock wheels three lug pattern