ol550

Bucket list scratch off

ol550

Been looking for a 1848 for a few years, but no more.  Been hitting Craigslist at least once a day for what

is seems was forever.  Finaly one pops up in Arkansas but was gone real fast.  Did a Searchtempest look

and this one had been on for a month.  Don't know how I missed it, about 2 hours away,  PO had given up

on it when he broke the inlet nipple off the fuel pump.  Thought about how to fix it all the way back. Reamed

nipple and pump body and tapped a piece of 3/16 steel brake line in it.  New fuel line and filter and it came

to life.  The deck he said worked but I will get it on the scrap pile as soon as possible. When finally drug the

deluxe canopy out I told him that he just made the deal and lets get it loaded.

It definately needs to be Martinized though.

post-244-0-57452000-1402403719_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Martin

Nice find Mike, looks like an 82 with the metallic paint, is that right?

Looks like a twin to my 1848

rjcap

Looks nice. Is that a JD deck that he modified under it?

Wheel-N-It

I've got a first class JD deck just like that one that is for sale if you are interested!  (part joking and part serious) :)

dclarke

Looks good, Mike. Glad you found t.

Bluffhunter

Nice find Mike ! I haven't noticed that one on craigslist either, but I usually search Springfield area. Congrats !!!

Racinbob

Nice! Interesting, :wh: mounting brackets on somebody else's deck. I'm thinking that isn't a JD deck. At least it's nothing like the 48" deck on the big box junk deere I gave to my son in law.

CasualObserver

Nice grab Mike... and sweet canopy to boot!  Looks like it has a pouch in the back for a cooler.  Is this meant to be a worker for the shop?

Nice! Interesting, :wh: mounting brackets on somebody else's deck. I'm thinking that isn't a JD deck. At least it's nothing like the 48" deck on the big box junk deere I gave to my son in law.

It's a Deere deck... but much older than box store junk. Looks like it's probably off a mid-late 70s  212 / 214 / 312 / 314 or so.  If T-Mo pops around he'd say for sure.

No matter what... I'd sell it rather than scrap it.

ol550

Nice find Mike, looks like an 82 with the metallic paint, is that right?

Looks like a twin to my 1848

The ID makes it a 82, but I'll bet yours is in better shape or will be. :bow-blue:

It's a Deere deck model H048L, whatever that fits. :dunno:

AMC RULES

Nice score there...

hows that Briggs run?

slammer302

I've been eye balling that one for a while glad you got it

dcrage

OK you guys; where was that located -- Not that I wanted to buy it; but I am suspect of my CL searching techniques -- I look at the whole state of MO every weekday and not sure that I ever saw that -- Trying to figure out if I am missing stuff

slammer302

Lebanon Mo I believe the posting is still up on cl no pictures though I new it was the same because of the JD deck

mid60's

Good eye Mike. Canopy is neat. Might have to start looking for one of those myself.

Larry

Warsaw, MO