jdleach

Lodging Recommendations

jdleach

Anyone have recommendations for lodging at the Big Show? Am seriously thinking of going, really want to get out of Indiana for a few days. Kinda wanting to go on the cheap, but don't feel like camping. Am also considering a side trip to Gettysburg on Sunday.

• Like 2

squonk

I'm staying at the President's Inn in Gettysburg Thurs and Fri nights. Easy to get to and about a 20 min. ride from the show. There is a nice diner in G- burg as well called the Lincoln Diner. Good food and cheap

• Like 1

jdleach

Thanks Mike, but they are all booked up, will poke around and see what else pops ups.

rmaynard

Thanks Mike, but they are all booked up, will poke around and see what else pops ups.

Check with Stevasaurus. He stays in Chambersburg. Might be some availability there.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

jdleach

Thanks Maynard, I figure stevasaurus will probably pipe in. Did some more poking around, and have seen several openings in Chambersburg and Waynesboro. Prices don't look terribly bad. A bit of a sticker shock though. Used to travel a lot when I ran my machine shop, but that was 17 years ago. Prices sure have gone up.

Doesn't help that I am as tight as the bark on a tree either. Must have been the raising of 5 kids on crap income.

Edited by jdleach

chazm

jdleach

Thanks chazm, I can do those rates, and not break the bank. At that price, I may ask my youngest daughter if she wants to go, that way I can drag our 17 month-old granddaughter with us.

Thanks to all you folks. Trying to put something together that won't break me. Haven't had a true vacation in about 20 years. 

• Like 1

leeave96

Typically I stay in Chambersburg. If you want to tour the Gettysburg battle sites, lots of lodging here.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Haven't had a true vacation in about 20 years. 

The big Pennsylvania  :wh: show...

is a vacation destination well worth the wait.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Chambersburg is where I stay when I go with my wife. Otherwise I camp at the show. It's close enough to Gettysburg also.

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk 2

stevasaurus

I and a few of us now are staying at the Comfort Inn in Scottland, PA.  It is about 4 miles north of Chambersburg on the freeway.  The rates are good, places to eat, about 20 minutes to the show.  The address is 3301 Blackgap Rd, Scottland, Pa...phone # 717-263-6655.  I think they still had some openings.  This is a nice, clean motel...be the 5th year there for us.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

jdleach

Thanks stevasaurus! I talked to my daughter and I think she and my grandcritter are wanting to come!!!! I will drive 1000000 miles for the Rodent (Addalyne, the grandcritter, 17 months).

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Did I mention that they have an indoor swimming pool??  and free continental breakfast...including waffles!!  :)

• Like 2

squonk

Did I mention that they have an indoor swimming pool??  and free continental breakfast...including waffles!!  :)

Swim suits optional?  :scared-eek:  :jaw::ROTF:

Edited by squonk

jdleach

If my daughter didn't wear a swimsuit, the pool would be packed. If my wife and I didn't wear ours, we would clear the hotel, and probably frighten each other as well.

My wife, daughter, and grandrodent would love the waffles, I can't stomach the things ( and I eat about anything that moves, tonight I had greens and hominy with grilled chicken for supper). Oh well, I'll just order an omelet and sausage.