nylyon

Who Can't make it to the show?

stevebo

Again.. another great thing brought to the site by Karl! Thanks pal  :bow-blue:

nylyon

So I know what some of you are thinking... Yeah... BIG DEAL, I'm working no way I can watch anyway....  Well... part of the inspiration comes from Ian.  Now, Ian is an interesting chap.  He seems all rough and mechanical (and he really is a master crafter) but this guy is incredibly brilliant with video (and everything he touches), and if you haven't seen them, you are missing something.

So anyway, Ian was messing around with YouTube and live streaming with the added effect that the video is retained for later viewing.  So work... rubbish, watch when you come home, fast forward like Tivo, but most of all enjoy like you're there!

I really hope that this works well, other wise I got some explaining to do!

• Like 5

meadowfield

Looking forward to it Karl. Whilst I Wont be streaming, I will get some YouTube up! We have got wi-fi at this years uk round up :D

KC9KAS

I too am looking forward to "watching" the show....Next best thing to actually being there!

squonk

:woohoo: Will it be on YT so we can watch it when we get back from the show? :confusion-scratchheadblue:  There will be so much going on I'm sure I'll miss a lot.

AMC RULES

Humm...I wonder if it will work in low light conditions...

I'm thinking Friday night cruise here.       :eusa-think:

rmaynard

Not to be the eternal pessimist, but I hope you have found a reliable way to access the web. At best I have been lucky to get a phone signal much less a reliable internet connection. If you have, why not set up a WiFi hub for us as well. Just thinking out loud :)

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

nylyon

I contacted the fairgrounds, there is NO internet service.  Of all the major cellular providers Verizon has the best service there.  Terry purchased a Verizon Jetpack and RedSquare donated a bunch of data for the plan.  I intend to bring my MacBook Pro secure it to a tractor in the RS area and stream via the built-in camera and mic. 

So that's the plan.  Will it be broadcast quality like the olympics?  Nope, but it's the best that we can do.  The Jetpack is a wi-fi hub BUT it shouldn't be opened to everyone.  With hundreds of internet capable devices at the show, the data would be consumed in a heartbeat.  I still need to talk with Terry exactly how we'll coordinate everything, but this is the high level plan.

This is NOT intended to replace the pictures or other video's which everyone will take and post, but to give a live view of the show.  Best quality?  Probably not, but it should be leaps and bounds above previous show live feeds!

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I think this is very cool, but I am concerned that I will look fat on TV.  :)

I hope you guys at home just love listening to Kohler engines run all day...there is a ton of background noise with all of the people riding around.  :eusa-think:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 5

squonk

If I looked fat on Craig's video's last year,         :omg:  :)  No one likes a fat QB!  :ychain: "The Return of Billy Kilmer!"  :)

Edited by squonk

DOC in Kentucky

This should be better or at least as good as watching paint dry. I just hope I don't get caught picking my nose!!!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

...or worse.   :teasing-poke:

• Like 4

Coadster32

Pretty cool idea, and great minds behind this. I can't make this years show, but perhaps can catch some of the show in this manner. :thanks:

• Like 2

Gunny

Looking forward to seeing all the horses and their owners on the "big screen".  I do not know if it will take the place of being there, last year was a first time experience for me, but I hope to be able to see the parade.  I know all in attendance will have many good stories to share.

Dennis

• Like 1

953 nut

:woohoo:  I will be home recuperating from gallbladder surgery so won't be getting any seat time, but I can ride along with all of you. :text-thankyouyellow: 

jwl

this sounds like a great idea. My work time isn't going to allow me to go, and it is a long ways from here, so I was just going to sit back and wait for the photo albums to appear.

HorseFixer

I wish I could make it!   :ranting:    guess I will Stay tuned for the Video's! I hope everyone has a great time.

~Duke  :wh:

• Like 1

neil

OMG Bob, you not coming , I was hoping to get a glimpse of your new senior,, that'll be one off my bucket list from my trip

Very disapointing

HorseFixer

Sorry Neil I was hoping I could make it this year. :bitch:   but MJ just had foot surgery and is not healing so well  :dunno:  and I have a lot of things going on at work.

I think by this time next year The Senior might be ready to make the trip. Like I said I hope you all have a safe trip. And I am looking fwd to the Video's :handgestures-thumbup:

~Duke  :wh:

MalMac

I have never been to one and it looks like my record is staying intact. Maybe someday, it's just the wrong time of year for me, hope everyone has a good time and safe travel.

• Like 1

Racinbob

I think this is very cool, but I am concerned that I will look fat on TV.  :)

I hope you guys at home just love listening to Kohler engines run all day...there is a ton of background noise with all of the people riding around.  :eusa-think:

No worries Steve. I, as well as most folks, have a wide screen monitor :teasing-poke:

Enjoy the show everybody. One of these years I'm going to make it. Looking forward to the video and the pics.

• Like 3

cyrus

i'll be driving with in 75 miles.....on my way through from Michigan to a family rebellion in Virginia Beach, VA... the wife wont drop me off, and continue on her way either, i already asked....

maybe next year...

enjoy the show Gents.

Edited by cyrus
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

i'll be driving with in 75 miles.....on my way through from Michigan to a family rebellion in Virginia Beach, VA... the wife wont drop me off, and continue on her way wither, i already asked....

maybe next year...

enjoy the show Gents.

:scared-eek:  You do have a thumb don't you?   :) 

Fun Engineer

You just have big bones ;)

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk 2