alswagg

D series Hydraulic junction box

alswagg

On the D 180 we just bought, there is a Hydraulic Junction box.  This is located on the left side Directly above the Hydraulic drive motor.  Two hosed go into the box, from the drive motor.  The parts tractor i have also has this box.  I don't recal the box or unit being on our D18 auto.  I did not find anything on it in my owners manual for the D18 auto.  Does anyone know what this is for and what does it do?  Thanks  Al

Note, I found another on Ebay from a D200???

gwest_ca

Maybe this is it

Garry

alswagg

Yes that is it.  What is it for?  A relief valve.  Must have been an update for the 73 18 auto.

Trouty56

It is to absorb some of the stress on the hydro system.....don't know it really works though....my 180 does not have one....possibly a sales gimmick imho.....

coldone

Its a buffer valve. Its to help releve some of the stress on the transaxle with quick direction changes.

pfrederi

Early D's did not have it.  Then they added them as coldone indicated to reduce stress.  However they dropped them for later models...you have to think cost as factor at the end.  I have one for may D200 but haven't gotten around to installing it.  Just do not go from fwd to rev too fast and you should not have any problem.