Brrly1

Canopys

Brrly1

Hello to all, after the first time out I figured I'm gonna need a place to hide. I am curious as to what people are using for canopys, I already have a 10 x 20 but thats a little large using only at shows where I'm gonna hang out for a few days and have extra help to setup. Thinking about a 12'x12' they have at Kmart. Was wondering what you guys are using. Suggestions are a Good thing!

post-45-0-37803900-1401666786_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

squonk

I know one thing John, a lot of them you see are pretty chintzee (sp) i bought what I though was a decent one, used it once and when I got it out got it out for the show last year I found one of the leg locks gone. I was able to jam a bolt on the hole to use it. Parts not available. You get what you pay for

Brrly1

Craig, I didn't see any other results. Did you happen to inquire? Definitely understand the rain and wind factor. You also have to untie straps that are used as tiedowns fo the canopy. Seen it, just have to remember it.

AMC RULES

Got a tip John...

check with your local party rental place. 

Haven't confirmed myself yet, but was told they have affordable E-Z Up rentals. 

Was going to check the rates at my place tomorrow. 

rmaynard

I bought my first red canopy (EZ Popup) off eBay from a company call Peaktop. It lasted one show (2011) and the top ripped. They replaced it no charge. Then 2012, and 2013 it was fine. Later that summer, I left it up in the back yard and we had a torrential rain. The top bellied, and the entire frame bent, rendering it useless. No free replacement, and they don't sell parts. So I just bought a new one. It's being delivered tomorrow. $159.00.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181366589252

• Like 1

Brrly1

Thanks Bob, I see a new one on the way!

GlenPettit

For the Wheel Horse shows; 

I have had the EZ-up brand two years now and have been very happy;  but remember they sell

3 or 4 different grades of canopies in that 12 x 12' size ($200, $400 and $900), you get what you pay for.  

Got the $400 model in Red, it goes up easily via one person and has four side panels if needed,

expecting 5-10 years life out of it, very nice wheeled case (weight is about 75#).

Got caught in one heavy rain at Scotts Meet last Fall near Warsaw, IN, the canopy ad says "not for rain",

stayed under the canopy during the 20 minute storm with canopy lowered half, worked fine, no damage

but the 2" of rain on the top canopy really concerned me.

Glen

• Like 1

squonk

We got caught in a torrential storm with my cheapie canopy last year at the Steam Pageant. It took 3 of us under it constantly pushing up on the material to keep the water from building up and it survived. I haven't got it out since then but will set it up Monday before the show to check it. I have another Cheapie as a back up. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Funny thing I never saw it rain so hard. My C-160 was on the trailer. When it stopped raining I picked up everything and left. On the way home another deluge!  :scared-eek:  When I got home, I started the 160 up and water shot out of the flywheel shroud like a fire hose!  :helmet: Didn't hurt anything at all!  :thumbs:

rmaynard

Buckrancher is the luckiest guy when it comes to canopies. His has lasted since 2010 I think. He does a lot of shows. The Little Guys Show this year was so windy Friday night that I don't know how the canopy stayed up. Brian must be one of those guys with a horseshoe up his tailpipe.

Edit: My new canopy arrived today.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 3

squonk

Buckrancher is the luckiest guy when it comes to canopies. His has lasted since 2010 I think. He does a lot of shows. The Little Guys Show this year was so windy Friday night that I don't know how the canopy stayed up. Brian must be one of those guys with a horseshoe up his tailpipe.

Edit: My new canopy arrived today.

When Brian's canopy does need to be replaced, will the new one have a stainless steel frame?  :)  :ychain:

This reminds me. time to get the canopy out and set it up to find out what part mysteriously broke while sitting in the bag all winter. :scratchead:  :eusa-whistle:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

I bet stakes too.  :) 

dclarke

He's already got stainless stakes, Craig.  I noticed 'em at Charlotte a couple years ago. 

• Like 2

buckrancher

they already are

• Like 2

squonk

Got the canopy out. Nothing more broken than it all ready was!  :)

post-2380-0-40756900-1401977365_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Brrly1

Hoping for delivery tomorrow!

AMC RULES

Confirmed today, local place has a 10x10' EZ-UP's for $25 a day.

stevebo

I was at Wally mart and picked up the second tier from the bottom one for $89.00. It is a black ozark 10'x10' canopy. I think it will last for a few years so long as I lower it down each night and strap it down.

baerpath

Walmart $89 we bought ours 5yrs ago, during pulling season it's up every weekend for 22weeks, came in a wheeled zippered case We carry 2  in the trailer at all times. Ace has them on sale for $50 for fathers day in the flyer But I haven't looked at theirs

Edited by baerpath

squonk

I noticed some pin holes in the roof of my canopy at the show. I was admiring Craig's new Coleman canopy he got at Wally World. I tossed my old one and headed on down and picked up a Coleman 12' x 12' $149

• Like 1

AMC RULES

That's it...    :angry-cussingblack:

my 10'x10' is going back. 

• Like 2

squonk

"Go Big or Go Home!  :)  :teasing-poke:

AMC RULES

Nope... :auto-driving:  

going back.  

rmaynard

My new canopy had pin holes as well, along with a twisted frame. It was a Quictent from eBay seller ezgear_us. It is by far the worst canopy I have dealt with. The seller has the worst customer service in the world as they are unable to properly translate Chinese into understandable English. I have finally, after 15 messages to them, gotten them to agree to refund my money after I send it back. It's being shipped back today. I am holding my breath on getting a refund. I have gotten eBay involved, so I am hopeful of a successful transaction.

Brrly1 -  I am sorry that I recommended this canopy to you. Hope you have better luck than me.

squonk

I don't know what country built the Coleman but I was pretty impressed when Craig whipped it out of the bag!

• Like 1