Butch

Finally got my shed wired.

SALTYWRIGHT

VERY NICE.....

KC9KAS

Very nice shed...What are the dimentions of the building?

neil

It's a lot tidier than my shed , very nice

Butch

Very nice shed...What are the dimentions of the building?

14X20 KC. They told me they can take 16' wide sheds on the highway.

It's a lot tidier than my shed , very nice

It wasn't tidy until yesterday. Hanging stuff up and making shelves between the studs  takes

away the bench clutter.

Pollack Pete

Very nice shed.I just got an Amish shed 2 weeks ago.It's actually a 2 car garage.24 ft by 28 ft.It came in 2 halves and had to be put together.So far it has 6 horses and 2 hot rods in it.I'm trying not to get the clutter out of control.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Butch,,,,WOW!!!!  really nice extra, tools, tractors, etc.

Nice job on that baby.

Glenn

varosd

very sturdy with 8 " on center floor joists!  :D

AMC RULES

Very nice indeed...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

is there a manufacturers link you can share here?

Kelly

I think you will find it's built local, by the Amish people, we have them around here that will build them off site or on site. That is very nice. 

Butch

Very nice indeed...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

http://www.shedsunlimited.net/

It's a big website. It's got many types of sheds and options. All the prices are listed which makes it nice. My wife and I drove out there

and ordered it. It was an Amish farm with Amish workers. There were probably 100 sheds or more in stock to sell outright. Check out

their mule on their website. It's what gets the shed from the truck to your location.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Yeah, awesome link there. 

:thanks:

squonk

I just rearranged my shed. I got 2 two cycle sno- blowers hanging from the wall and ceiling, a troy bilt tiller, 2 cycle tiller, push mower, tub cart, lawn sweeper, chipper shredder and a tall shoot blower on the floor. Plus a short frame plow hanging from the ceiling too. Trying to make room for a small Horse arriving in a couple weeks.

Sparky

How much power did you run to it?

Real nice looking shed!

Mike...........

Butch

How much power did you run to it?

Real nice looking shed!

Mike...........

20 amp

Wheel-N-It

Thats very nice! I like the landscaping too :handgestures-thumbupright:

Forest Road

Very nice indeed... :handgestures-thumbsup:

Seriously? Pete has one of the largest non-commercial garages I've ever seen. It's impressive to say the least. How is your Squaw handling new real estate?

papaglide

Real nice shed and lawnscaping. The building looks very impressive. Thanks for the link.

Butch

20 amp

Come on Mike. I've been waiting for the electrical inspectors opinion!! I did feed it with 12 awg.

Sparky

Come on Mike. I've been waiting for the electrical inspectors opinion!! I did feed it with 12 awg.

So was it 20amps of 120v or 220v? Direct burial or in a conduit? How long is the total run from the breaker panel in the house to the shed?

:ychain:

Mike............

Butch

So was it 20amps of 120v or 220v? Direct burial or in a conduit? How long is the total run from the breaker panel in the house to the shed?

:ychain:

Mike............

Here is what I got. I have 8 awg that feeds an outside GFI receptacle. That 8 awg was 220 for my A/C which is outside. It needed to be 6 awg. Everytime the A/C kicked on the 8 awg breaker would pop. I had to rerun 6awg outside underground. So that left the 220 8 awg lines unused. So I put in a 20 amp 110v GFI outside with that unused 8 awg. I tapped off the GFI with 12 awg and went 30 feet underground with conduit. I made a juction box in the shed and ran 14 awg throughout.

How many codes did I break? I don't think anything I did is a fire hazard.

brandonozz

Here is what I got. I have 8 awg that feeds an outside GFI receptacle. That 8 awg was 220 for my A/C which is outside. It needed to be 6 awg. Everytime the A/C kicked on the 8 awg breaker would pop. I had to rerun 6awg outside underground. So that left the 220 8 awg lines unused. So I put in a 20 amp 110v GFI outside with that unused 8 awg. I tapped off the GFI with 12 awg and went 30 feet underground with conduit. I made a juction box in the shed and ran 14 awg throughout.

I think you did a very professional job with the wiring.  Top notch!

I'm not an electrical inspector (or even an electrician) but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!  :laughing-rofl: 

brandonozz

Oh yea, very nice shed, looks great inside and out!  I love it when improvements to the storage areas come together as they really become so much more useful.

Butch

What I've discovered is you have room for a lot more stuff if you start hanging it up.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Butch, given this information I would say you need to replace the junction box in the building with a small one or two circuit circuit breaker box. Then use a 15 amp circuit breaker to protect the 14awg branch circuit wiring in the buiilding. Doing this should have you properly protected from the supply end at the main panel box all the way to the last device in the circuit. The National Electrical Code requires a disconnecting means located at the point of entry for the supply circuit in your building. You should have a 15amp circuit breaker in this disconnecting means as the 14awg NM cable is rated for a maximun 15 ampres. This is my professional opinion as an liscened inspector in the state of North Carolina.  

• Like 2