Sign in to follow this  
RMCIII

Six Decades of Supoercars of All times

RMCIII

Gotta Love this. I read the article when it came out. Have to wonder, why? I realize that EPA, Federal Regulations, ect all contribute to where we are today vs. what was yesterday. But the question still remains the same..... Why did it take almost 40yrs. to reproduce what was done in 1969 with only 500hp, compared to 2006 1001hp? Page 4 - 1969 ZL-1 Corvette, compared to Page 6 - 2006 Bugatti Veyron 1001hp and AWD! There was nothing, even in the top 10 that could replicate what that 69 Vette did. I would say, still today! Granted, emissions are lower, more efficient burn, better gas mileage, ect.... But look what it is taking to replicate those staggering stats. You are taking about Supercharged, turbo charged engines vs. a naturally aspirated engine..... Don't get me started. The facts are facts. If you want pure "shut your mouth and hang-on" all out fun, go old school! If you want fun, fuel mileage, and a lot more complications to repair, gets yourself something new!

http://www.motortrend.com/features/consumer/112_1002_six_decades_of_supercars/lamborghini_murcielago_porsche_gt2_nissan_gtr.html

RC

• Like 2