Sign in to follow this  
Jman6

Winters coming :-)

Jman6

Just curious if anyone has a 312-8 with a snowblower on it and wouldn't mind posting the pics?

I am most interested in the routing of the belts and how to change it. It looks fairly easy. COurse I said that to the wife on the mower deck, and she laughed at me for ten mins while I dug out the owners manual and looked up how to adjust the dang thing. :banghead:

Also if anyone has pics in action of these beauties, post them too :USA:

Duff

Just curious if anyone has a 312-8 with a snowblower on it and wouldn't mind posting the pics?

I am most interested in the routing of the belts and how to change it. It looks fairly easy. COurse I said that to the wife on the mower deck, and she laughed at me for ten mins while I dug out the owners manual and looked up how to adjust the dang thing. :thumbs:

Got a 312-8, but no snowblower. Sorry!

Anyway, my wife started to snicker when I was looking up how to adjust my 37" SD deck....until I handed her a wrench and quietly asked her if she thought she could do it better? :banghead:

Ever since then she steers way clear of me when I'm under or beside any of my equipment with a manual in hand unless...sometimes....if it looks like I'm really puzzled she'll bring me a Coke and actually pretend to be interested! :omg:

Gotta appreciate these small battles we sometimes win with our better halfs! :horseplay:

Duff :USA:

htopjimmy26

Just push on tensioner pulley to loosen belt and slip belt off pto pulley. Good luck :banghead:

Sparky

Does this help?

Blower002.jpg

Mike.........

Sparky

[

Got a 312-8, but no snowblower. Sorry!

Duff :banghead:

And by the way Duff. I seem to have accumulated 3 complete 42" sno-chuckers and one parts unit so if ya need one.........well you know. E-mail me.

Mike........

MaineDad

Duff,

What do you use for snow removal?

Sparky

Duff...I hope it aint one of these...hehe

shovel.jpg

Mike..........

Duff

Duff,

What do you use for snow removal?

Got an Ariens 8hp walk behind, Micah. Nice, tough machine. We've got a really small driveway (20'x40' give or take - we live literally right on the street). I use the Horse mostly for my Mom's lawns (3+ acres) along with the green tractor my Dad left behind when he passed away. My brother and I usually mow in tandem. It's interesting to watch his expression (some would call it envy) as I tear around on the 312! :omg: Bet my Dad would have loved to drive it, too!

Mike - thanks much for the offer. :USA: Since I'm starting to collect a few attachments I just might be in touch. After all, it never hurts to have a back-up when it comes to snow removal (or so I would tell the wife!).

Yep, gots a shuvvel, too!

mailman

Hey Mike,

I might be interested in one of them snow chuckers. Iffin the price is right. :banghead:

Thanks.

Eric...

Duff

Eric and Mike -

Just looked at your sigs. My tractor came from an estate in Wilton, CT. Does that make me a rustler? :USA:

Sparky

It sure does!!

Of course I'm willin to bet that everyone on here is a rustler :USA: .

Mike..........

PS...I've bought em in Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island :banghead:

Kelly

:banghead: But I got one from CT. thanks to Mike, Ken, and a few others and I'm in MI. I get them from other states also IN, OH so yup I'm a rustler too

Brrly1

Hey Kelly I just noticed that you are over a 1,000 posts!!!! Congrats!!!! Burly

:banghead::USA: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Jman6

lol thanks for the replies!

Mike, the pic helps a little, you got one for where the routing goes for the tractor? Would love to have the routing memorized so when the wife is watching me hook it up it looks like I have been doing it all my life! LOL

Thanks, Jman

Ken in Iowa

Jman,

Thought these pictures might show a little of how these 312-8's work. I sure enjoy mine and am looking forward to winter to do it again. I just got mine back together after tearing it apart, and checking the bearings, chain, new belt, and welding a new scraper bar on it. Should be ready to go.

It's just a single stage blower, but will throw snow almost clear accross my drive way. These pictures weren't taken on our worst snow, but I would have sure hated to use a shovel on it.

Pulling out of the garage.

Post1.jpg

Coming back.

Tractor0065.jpg

Small drift.

Tractor0047.jpg

And another one.

Tractor0062.jpg

I Don't have any pictures that show how to put a blower on, but it's fairly easy, and it get's easyer each time you do it. I've learned a few tricks. This might be an area where one of the guru's of the group could put together some pictures that show the procedure, like what they have done for the Mower deck.

Have fun with your snowblowing.

Ken in middle Iowa.

Sparky

I got some pics but not very good ones. I dont have a blower hooked up right now for obvious reasons :banghead: .

Nelson270.jpg

Blower003.jpg

Mike..........

Raider12

I hate to be the bearer of bad news fellows, but there isn't going to be any snow this winter! They called it all off! :banghead: I wish!

Jman6

Pictures look awesome!!!

At the kids football game friday night I kept asking all the kids, "You hear the latest rumor?"

Kid, "nope, what is it?"

"It's gonna snow in the next week"

With wide eyes and a excited expression they would usually respond, "Really?!? Who told you that?"

"No one, I am starting it!"

Funny part is, it is working we are getting snow in the mountains! LOL

Sparky

I was getting a blower mounted up for testing purposes so I figured I would get some better pics of the belt routing for anyone thats interested. This is a 42" single stage on a 312-8.

Mike..........

WHBlower42002.jpg

WHBlower42001.jpg

rustbucket

winter is comeing and since we haveing an early fall on the east coast where i am in PA its looking to be a bad winter good thing i have so many hard working horses 2 blades and a blower for horses then a jacobsen with snow blower and my GT-18 from sears with plow im ready for the snow blizzards and all.

KyBlue

Ive got my blade ready to go... We dont see much snow thou. Otherwise Id be chompin at the bit to snag me a Chucker.. Lookin forward to tryin it out in the snow. Our Street is usuaully one of the last ones done...IF at all..

doublebitt

Hello Everyone.

I'm new to posting on this site but have been watching from the "outside" long enough to see that there sure are alot of knowledgable participants.

I can't believe we are about to enter the snowblowing season already with such a short summer. We had a big snow season up here in Ontario Canada....broke a few records for total amounts for the season and per day accumulation.

I have a 1975 C-160 that was left behind fom my Dad who passed away and he bought it new and spent alot of seat time knocking down 4 acres of tough pasture that the Horse made into a nice looking lawn. The horse never missed a beat and was well looked after with a cozy stable and regular service all its life and I keep it looked after with service and a stable since I brought it to my place.

I have about 5 acres of lawn which I use the Horse for the trimming and pulling chores.....man talk about horse power ...more like elephant power.

I enjoy the seat time on the tractor as it brings back good memories.

Anyways on to the meat of my post about snowblowers.....I want one but can't find one around here that is a Wheel Horse brand.

I have heard of the 2-stage Berco snowblowers that get excellent praise and seems that they outperform the single stage hands down.

There is one locally that came off another brand of tractor but from what I understand about these blowers will fit any make of tractor, the only difference is the mounting harware kit is different which is a separate kit that can be purchased separately.

However the oldest kit they have for a Wheel Horse is for the 300 series.

Would anyone know if this kit would fit the C-160?

Is the frame on the C-160 the same as the 300 series?

I called Berco and the person I spoke to in customer sevice only seemed to know what was written on their site.

Any help and input greatly appreciated

Sparky

The 300 series and the C-160 have the same frame and mounting points.

Is yours an 8 speed or a manual? I hear the 2 stage blowers are real heavy and a manual lift might be an arm-buster.

Mike.........

Jman6

Sparky, great pics!

Well all of you that posted pics, thank you! I can't wait for snow to hit! Get to try my WH out, and get the sleds roaring my two main reasons for praying for snow!

Course we are supposed to hit 90 by wed so I am going to have to wait a bit it looks like. :banghead:

Thanks again for all the pics, Jman

WheelHorse_of_course

Doublebitt

:USA:

Post some pictures of the family horse when you get a chance.

Yes, the 300 series is the direct descendant of the C series (and Charger/Raider/Electro before that). This is one of the really cool things about WH - so many parts interchange!

Best of luck getting a blower! :banghead: :omg: