fireman

Guy rolls his Wheel Horse 20ft. down a hill!

stevebo

Non wheel horse cart.....  :ychain:

Tankman

I would bet, a Wheel Horse.

Hope the old guy is OK. Ouch!  :scared-ghostface:

AMC RULES

I'm betting...  :eusa-think: 

there is a safety lesson somewhere in that story.  

• Like 1

312Hydro

Check out this online news article from a local new paper. Sure looks like an upside down Wheel Horse by the transmission and mule drive!

http://blog.ctnews.com/stamford411/2014/05/28/norwalk-man-rescued-after-tumbling-20-feet-in-lawn-tractor/

attachicon.gifDSC01504.jpg

It also has the tiller/snowplow mount and stock hitch with pin. Hope he's ok, Been there/Done that-http://627b889c.jpg

Edited by 312Hydro
  • Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

HE WAS DRIVING ON THE SIDE OF THE HILL.

JUSS10

Almost rolled my new one in the ditch the other day while trying to mow along the road. It was a close call. Definitely wouldn't have been worth the extra few inches of grass cut if she did roll. Had to jump off and walk it through the ditch. Definitely want to know what it below you when on a bank of any sort. 

Justin

Save Old Iron

Best argument for operational seat safety switches ... wouldn't you say?

• Like 3

stratostar250

Just be safe, everyone. Hope this guy was okay.

On the other hand, that plastic fender seems to have stayed together pretty good.  :ychain:

varosd

Firefighters from the Norwalk Fire Department secured the tractor and helped bring it up the hill using a winch

awww!   see they even rescued the Wheel Horse!

• Like 1

Austin860

That tractor either is hydrostatic or has a hydrolic lift. Has the hydro hose along the fender

SousaKerry

Rolled my beast backing it off a trailer once(missed the ramp.)  Was not on it but I never moved so fast in all my life, rolled it back over and drove it away.

rjcap

Flipped my C-125 last summer going up a ditch straight on. I had to stop half way up the ditch and was fine until I released the clutch. The front end reared up, threw me a$$ over tea kettle and my poor tractor ended up on its side still running. Broke the plastic fender and scared the living daylight's out of me. I cut that same ditch with my JD 400 for 27 years and never had a lick of trouble, but the JD is much heavier upfront than the WH. 

Red-Bovine

Very easy to roll any tractor over when traversing a slope. Best to go straight up and down or at least a safe diagonal angle. Or better yet, use a walk behind. I rescued a guy who was pinned under a roll over one day. Similar senario.

Red

Edited by Red-Bovine

Joefrommi65

I had my grass catcher full of grass driving up a hill to empty it and the tractor  road a wheely across the top of the hill before I could stop it.......needless to say it was time to change my undershorts and drink several beers and finish mowing the next day.lol

Edited by Joefrommi65

dcrage

Best argument for operational seat safety switches ... wouldn't you say?

I'm with SOI for sure -- Really makes me want to fix that damn nonfunctioning seat switch on the 418-A I bought last year -- I have hills like this

546cowboy

I read this the other day and I'll be darned if I didn't see one yesterday on my way home from picking up a pizza. It was a John Deere in the ditch with a trailer attached to it. The tractor was tilted over but the trailer was over on it's side and stuff scattered. Guess it happens more than you think. Now you see why all those safety switches are on these things. Stupid operators! I can see it now, another new government mandated warning sticker. "Ditches can be hazardous to your health"!

Edited by 546cowboy

bmsgaffer

An argument for dual rear wheels and 520 front axle (though the front axle doesn't do much until its twisted into the stop).

I do mow across a pretty steep slope (with my butt planted on the opposite fender) while my walk behind is dead (my land ends at the bottom, I can't mow into the neighbors yard). I would like to be able to put an outrigger down for when I absolutely have to mow the slope.

shorts

It's like Forrest Gump's momma said "you can't fix stupid", and besides Darwin has a law about something along these lines.

55rj35jr

I was very blessed on Saturday was pushing some brush with my 1067 it climbed the pile and went end over end was able to get clear before it landed all but my foot caught under the seat, thank God my son lives close and was able to pull it off enough to get me clear,,only ended up with some burns and sore,scared me alot. The tractor lost alot of oil,bent the stearing wheel up and bent the lift handle,I was able to clean it up added some oil and she fired right up...please keep in mind safety at all times when using these machines.

post-5315-0-99341000-1401645805.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Ouch...glad your OK. 

• Like 1

varosd

looks like that exhaust stack acted like a mini ROPS !

I do have a slope on the back of the sand mound that I have to be careful of.  agree that the older B-80 seats seem to make it feel more "secure" as opposed to the springy newer ones

Uncle Buck

I have to wonder how many guys shift their body position to the uphill side to counterbalance the weight of the tractor to avoid rolling.

Of course that is much more effective the fatter you are! LOL

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

I have to wonder how many guys shift their body position to the uphill side to counterbalance the weight of the tractor to avoid rolling.

Of course that is much more effective the fatter you are! LOL

I've done this ever since I was mowin the yard at my parents house. Its like a wheel horse tradition. I only weigh a buck seventy five so im only mildly effective but I plan on putting the wheel weights back on and maybe adding some offset with spacers. Not the best looking but I like safety.

C-101plowerpower

my horse has done this more than once, with my grandfather on it, grandpa tried to mow to close to the ditch and rolled it over(he's had a stroke once or twice and his left leg didn't work like it's supposed to do after the stroke so he couldn't brake on time) with him trapped underneath, he was rescued by the local chinese takeaway that saw the tractor upside down. the horse and grandpa survived.

Koen