rooney3100

Wheel horse 416H tires (need Help)

rooney3100

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking to put New tires on my Wheel horse 416H riding tractor, I have the turf tires Rear 23x950-12 and the fronts are 16x6.50-8 I would like to put the tractor type tires on the back and I can't seem to find them in the 12x 9.50-12 size for the rear, I plan on putting my 2 stage snowblower on the mower this winter, this will be the first time it has seen a blower, I also have the Cab, if I don't need it I will offer the cab up for sale, I was thinking of putting a more aggressive tire on the rear, do I need a more aggresive tire for the front also? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, also where can I get chains for the rear tires if I go with the tractor type?   THANKS  STEVE M     

can whlvr

the best all around traction in winter is turf tires with 2 link v bar chains,im sure someone will chime in and inform you as to where to get them

• Like 1

nylyon

You can put 23x8.50-12 AG tires on the same rims, but in my opinion turf tires with chains work better in the winter.  I like the AG's in the summer and on my 414 I have 2 sets, the AG's for summer and turf's for winter.  I keep the chains on the turf tires to make it easier.

• Excellent 1

rooney3100

You can put 23x8.50-12 AG tires on the same rims, but in my opinion turf tires with chains work better in the winter.  I like the AG's in the summer and on my 414 I have 2 sets, the AG's for summer and turf's for winter.  I keep the chains on the turf tires to make it easier.

Where is a good place to purchase turf tires and 2 link vbar chains?  I do have one newer rear tire that was replace by the original owner, I may try and match that up, it is the turf tire, I will primarily use this tractor for winter time snowblowing, I hope it has the power I need, it's not the 520H which is one size bigger, mine has the onan motor ( I believe), I really like this tractor, I have cut my grass with it for about 2 years now, it has just over 600 hours on it.....

Edited by rooney3100

nylyon

Lots of places to find tires.  It's been a while since I've bought any so best bet is to look around.  I can't imagine anything that the 416 with an Onan can't handle, it's a super strong machine.  The only issue with the 416H in the winter is that the hydraulic lift doesn't like to work until the hydraulic fluid reaches a certain temperature, but I think that some owners haven't had that issue (mine does and has since it was new).  There's a lot of posts on here about winter snow blowing, chains, tires, weights and tricks for the front tires, dig around a bit winter is a well documented part of the forum.

rooney3100

Lots of places to find tires.  It's been a while since I've bought any so best bet is to look around.  I can't imagine anything that the 416 with an Onan can't handle, it's a super strong machine.  The only issue with the 416H in the winter is that the hydraulic lift doesn't like to work until the hydraulic fluid reaches a certain temperature, but I think that some owners haven't had that issue (mine does and has since it was new).  There's a lot of posts on here about winter snow blowing, chains, tires, weights and tricks for the front tires, dig around a bit winter is a well documented part of the forum.

I will be keeping the tractor in a heated garage all winter, so the fluid should be warm upon takeoff, I will search the forum for more info...THANKS AGAIN...STEVE M

rooney3100

If I where to put tires on the front, what would be the size for the AG tires on the rims I have for 16x6.50-8 tires

Joefrommi65

I asked the same question and here is the post with  some real good advice www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/46574-tire-style-questions/           I hope this helps!!!