Rick_in_CT

Cigarette Lighter end date

Rick_in_CT

Don't know why this thought just came into my head, but I seem to remember that the Charger 12 that I grew up using had a cigarette lighter in the dash.  My 522xi does not have one (and no, I don't need one).  Now I'm wondering what was the last year that Wheel Horse built tractors with a cigarette lighter on them. 

Rick

Kelly

Some time in the mid 70's they stopped 

stevasaurus

I know my 702, 857 and 1972 Raider 10 has them.  My 1976 B-100 does not.  BTW, my 2014 Silverado does not have a lighter or an ash tray.  :(

Fun Engineer

I know my 702, 857 and 1972 Raider 10 has them. My 1976 B-100 does not. BTW, my 2014 Silverado does not have a lighter or an ash tray. :(

But it's got a cup holder.:)

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

nylyon

74 C-160 did not have one

Brrly1

72 GT14 has one.

WheelHorse79

My 854 does not have one, my 1045 does have one and my '79 C-101 does not have one.  Seems to fit the '65 thru '72 timeline pretty well.

Tankman

Rick ,

My mind is foggy but I believe the cigarette lighters started in 1965 and continued through 1972. I plug my GPS unit in my 1075's cigarette light when cutting the lawn .... jus' in case I get lost.

Wild Bill

A friend often got lost ridin' his Stallion. Guess it was a lack of a GPS.

He went through the field, past the brush, around the woods. He usually wound up at the back door of the 611 Bar 'n Grill. After a burger 'n suds, patrons had to show him the way home and back to mowin'!

He really could have done without the GPS 'cause we all know a good Horse knows the way home!

• Like 2

Hodge71

My 1974 C-160 8 speed has a lighter...maybe a dealer installed option as it also has an electic clutch?

546cowboy

Where do you plug in your radar detector, cell phone charger, I-pad, GPS, and all the rest of those driving distractions? All I do is smoke and I can see right now that a new truck isn't in my future.

Rick_in_CT

If my kids were to use the tractor they would probably ask me where is the USB port?  No lighter, no USB port, what to do?

Tankman

If my kids were to use the tractor they would probably ask me where is the USB port?  No lighter, no USB port, what to do?

Sad. What's the world comin' to?  :eusa-think:

Fun Engineer

Here's what I did with the lighter on our Commando 8 when I was a kid. u4ure2uh.jpg

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk 2

rmaynard

Sad. What's the world comin' to? :eusa-think:

I use to think the same thing, then one day I just decided that it wasn't worth worrying about.

Come to think about it, I imagine that little Tommy Edison's dad thought the same thing.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk