Eric857

First Time attaching an earth plow

Eric857

Hello, I am going to attach my earth plow this afternoon and I have never done this before so can someone show me how they have theirs setup so I have something to go off of, the manual I downloaded doesn't help me really so some pcitures and tips from you guys would be much appreciated. Thanks

squonk

What kind of hitch are you using? Slot or clevis?

Brinly plow manual. Set up tips.

http://brinly.com/graphics/manuals/PP_51BH.pdf

post-2380-0-16902600-1400701825_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-15405200-1400701950_thumb.jp

gwest_ca

If I want to plow 6" deep I block up the front and rear wheels on the left side 6". Let the plow rest on a level floor and adjust the plow so the land slide sits flat on the floor. That will get you real close. If it needs more suck adjust the tip down and if it sucks in too deep raise the tip a bit at a time. You may find at the end of a row you will need to back up as you lift the plow out of the ground as there is too much earth on the plow to lift it.

Garry

• Like 2

Tankman

When I used to plow the gardens, front weights were used.

The front end would rise to the point I lost steering. With the front weight, no problem at all.

Have fun plowin'!

Eric857

is there a way to do it with a slot hitch? My plow has something on the front that looks to be just like the hook up that is in a dump cart. is this original? How would I hook it up? I'm really lost, if it is not original I have another brinley plow with the correct hookup I can swap onto it.  

it is seen here 

http://s769.photobucket.com/user/Eric857/media/WP_20140518_001_zps9e2fe834.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

this was sold to me as a wheel horse plow, I think i got ripped off. when i looked a while back I thought the wheel horse plows had this kind of curvy frame but I guess i was wrong :banghead:  :ranting:  unless this one is a newer plow.. can you guys help try to identify it too please? if this isnt what I thought it is then Im going to sell it and keep my brinley plow  

and where is the best place to get front wheel weights

squonk

Keep your Brinly. Sell the pictured plow. I have a Slot hitch to Brinly adapter. PM me if interested

Edited by squonk

shorts

It looks like someone added a drawbar type hitch attachment to the bottom of the slot hitch bracket that is bolted to the plow frame. Unbolt the drawbar hitch and use the slot hitch setup so you can lift the plow off the ground for transport, adjust the landslide as described above to set the suck or depth of the plow, also their should be a slight twist in the slot hitch adapter so the plow sits flat in the furrow after the first pass and your right side wheels are in the furrow.