BPjunk

History on the Wheel Horse Show Cruise Night

BPjunk

What there's a history lesson on the Cruise Night ? :scared-eek:   I hope they  ain't a pop quiz after reading this !

Years ago after seeing many of the Wheel Horse folks still up and excited in the evening at the Annual Wheel Horse Show   I realized we needed to do more  for the people who come to the show from other time zones. I looked at the drive way around the infield of the South Mountain Fairgrounds and then up at the pole lights, thinking we already have a pa system why not play cruisin' music and let people burn off some energy by driving their Wheel Horses. :eusa-think:  At Ed Mayhew's house one night we sat down and made list of fun type cruisin' music, some of the songs are from the movie  American Graffiti. OK I have this list of songs now what? Well I have a neighbor who's Wheel Horse model 12-32 XL that is serviced by me every year also happens to own a vintage record shop. :techie-eureka:  He made up the cd with the songs for us pictured here. Note the cd was made for the 7th Annual Wheel Horse Show as I was not sure how it would be liked at the show and maybe only done one year. A small batch of these cd's were made up and raffled off with the other raffle prizes at the end of the show. Talk 'bout a Wheel Horse collectible !

There has been a lot of fun had by the folks cruisin' with their Wheel Horse's and the cruise is just as fun to watch ! I do remember a time when one young man would cruise by and yell ye haw while raising his right hand up in the air and zoom away like a scared rabbit, well it turns out he had a fishing line attached to his right hand and to the governor on the carburetor ! At the cruise night you will see lighted Wheel Horse's, a GPS unit used, flags and whole families on one tractor ..... from what I know ya' might see a dash cam on a Wheel Horse this year !

Wild Bill

Edited by BPjunk
  • Like 4

BPjunk

Sorry the picture didn't take , let me try again.

post-91-0-14481200-1400677311.jpg

• Like 1

nylyon

Great story....  we're ready for more already!

VinsRJ

The cruise night is always a good time!

neil

Looking forward to my first cruise night

bowtieguy

I traveled 1200 miles to cruze to that music in 08'....thanks to Eldon who "loaned" a WH for me to drive....I think I run it out of fuel!!!! :auto-biker:  :auto-dirtbike:  :happy-partydance:  :auto-crash:  :law-policered:   :auto-swerve:  :auto-layrubber:  :auto-driving:  :icecream:     :text-worthless:.(forgot to mention the good times eatin' Jerry's road kill stew around the campfire)

Edited by bowtieguy
  • Like 2

nylyon

Neil it'll be my first as well, really looking forward to it too!

AMC RULES

Were you there?    :scratchead: 

WHCC 2013 Friday night cruise...

AMC RULES

Maybe...see someone you know?    :confusion-shrug:

Will you be there this year?     :greetings-clapyellow:  :romance-grouphug:

• Like 1

nylyon

Last year was my first time, and I could only make there for Saturday.

stevebo

Craig's first video @27 seconds there is some guy with a cigar in his mouth and an ipad in one hand filming and a kid in the back cart :hide:  :scratchead:

AMC RULES

Someone you know Steve?    :scratchead:

In Video 3, who's that hayseed in the straw hat? 

squonk

Great story Bill. That's what made the campfire so great last year!  :)  :thumbs:

Maybe we can have a roaming camera and "Pit Reporter" this year :hide:

Edited by squonk

Fun Engineer

Great way to get us all amped up Bill.

Great videos Craig.

Looking forward to this year.

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk 2

squonk

Man, Check out the fat guy on the 704 and grader blade in the 3rd VD!  :scared-eek:  :scared-eek:  :omg:  :jaw:  :hide:

Edited by squonk

AMC RULES

IIRC...dude was heading off to the pits.   :no:

• Like 1

Ken B

Someone you know Steve?    :scratchead:

In Video 3, who's that hayseed in the straw hat? 

Hey now! That hayseed mighta been me! :icecream:

AMC RULES

There's no mighta about it Ken.  :) 

cruisnblue48

And I also participated in the tractor cruise this year for the first time. Most fun I've had in a while. Sure beats mowing grass. Already looking forward to next year.

nylyon

Now Bill, you can talk 'bout your music selection, but this year I think we can have a little more banter about you standing on that tractor, dancing and getting everyone else to do the "Wheel Horse Dance" as they drove past!  Ya probably didn't plan on running out of gas, but it sure made for some interesting dance moves :)

• Like 2

neil

Yeah I saw Bill dancing on the tractor , I laughed so much I nearly hit the tractor in front of me

HorseFixer

Great History & Story Bill .   :thumbs: 

~Duke  :wh: