squonk

My version of watching paint dry

squonk

No video. I don't have cool music like Steppenwolf, The Doors, or Death Leapord playing plus I don't have Steve's "Moves" ! :) But being home and down a leg I have been able to work on the "Horse Hauler" some to get it ready for the "Big Trip". Got some Tread Plate on the cheap and after 3 coats of Extend a couple coats of etch prime, some primer sealer and 3 coats of Rustoleum Pro Grade gloss black the painting is done. :helmet: I have a water tight ammo box to mount for the tie downs and I have to install the anchors yet. Then it will be finished. I should have taken a pic of my Geo Metro Hubcaps Fuel Mileage Enhancers! :)

post-2380-0-65459100-1400538476_thumb.jp

Edited by squonk
  • Like 5

GlenPettit

What's your size measurements?  Looks like you can easily slip the tractors two-wide up front, Smart.

And, you put in extra brackets for a high-rise on the front, plus a wrench,  looks like you were really thinking.

Edited by GlenPettit

squonk

The trailer was 5x10 but the front was widened to 6 . Lots of gussets underneath for strength. I did it to fit a tractor across the front. Hopefully for an RJ bought at the show.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Ken B

Lookin good Mike.

Without Steve's moves you got nothing... You can't do better than Geo Metro Hub caps? :ychain:

• Like 3

squonk

Lookin good Mike.

Without Steve's moves you got nothing... You can't do better than Geo Metro Hub caps? :ychain:

I had some old school 60's caps but they wouldn't fit. :banghead:  The plastic Geo ones flex enough to work. I'm still looking for some cooler ones  :)

rexman72

looks like a nice hauler you got going on

squonk

Got the tool box mounted and decorated! :)   Also a shot of my Geo caps. They spun so fast on the Metro the letters started coming off!  :auto-swerve:

post-2380-0-08463800-1400603086_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-39298200-1400603112_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-44334700-1400603142_thumb.jp

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Trailer looks great Mike...that ammo box would make a nice cooler.   Just sayin'.  :)

• Like 1

squonk

Had to get the anchors located. What better way than to toss a couple of tractors on to get the optimum locations!  :)  :helmet:

post-2380-0-08141800-1400778617_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Bluffhunter

Looks great Mike !  Well since they're already loaded you could just drop those awesome lookin stud horses by my house :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1