rtfbg

D200 Resto ... Florida style!!!!

wrightorchid

I think a Florida event would be fun. Ft Meade where the Flywheelers meet is too far for me.

Racinbob

I found this info. At least we have the dates.

Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine Club 20th Annual Fall Fuel-up

Directions: 7000 Avon Park Cut-Off Rd., 8 miles southeast of Fort Meade, or 8 miles northwest of Avon Park. Contact Address: 7000 Avon Park Cut-Off Rd. Ft. Meade, FL 33841

Event Location: 

Fort Meade, FL 33841

United States

27° 44' 37.32" N, 81° 47' 38.58" W

See map: Google Maps

Event Date: 

11/04/2015 - 11/07/2015

Contact Person: 

Florida Flywheelers

Event Website: http://www.floridaflywheelers.org

Phone: (863) 285-9121

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

Racinbob

You can definitely count me in. :woohoo:

Should we find a motel with some grass space, a campground, or just a park like place that will allow us to hang for a day???

I'm thinking we need to get a decent feel for who all would show up. Ideally if somebody had a few acres where we could ride our tractors. Wrightorchid, central FL further than you'd go?

wrightorchid

I'm up in Tallahassee.  Orlando area might work.  I don't have anything too rare or special at this time; only a 312-8 that gets regular use.

rtfbg

Got a few more projects done ... the running board skirts, and the trophy babe finally finished my dash labels!!!  It's gettin there ... front bumper is next!!!

2015-07-22 16.03.08.jpg

2015-07-22 16.03.35.jpg

PS .... I will find a place here, was thinking of the third weekend in JAN,(16-17)  the same weekend as the Crystal River Manatee Festival ... so there will be plenty for the whole family to do, as if playin with horses ain't enough!!!  LOL

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Step by step, coming along very nicely. Whos doing the pinstriping? Skirts,,Class of 78,,,,,old school nicey nicey.
Some real nice ol rodder touches. 

Glenn

Racinbob

Why do I get the feeling we aren't gonna get to see the whole thing until the 1st annual Florida M&G happens? ;)

Can't wait to see it!

I'm liking your idea as far as the weekend and location. I found a potential spot near me but your location is much better. 

rtfbg

Step by step, coming along very nicely. Whos doing the pinstriping? Skirts,,Class of 78,,,,,old school nicey nicey.

Glenn

Glenn .. I would LOVE to find an old school pin striper around here ... all my little blotches are vinyl .. sucks I know, but til I find a real live arteeest ... thats all I got!!  LOL

Why do I get the feeling we aren't gonna get to see the whole thing until the 1st annual Florida M&G happens? ;)

Can't wait to see it!

I'm liking your idea as far as the weekend and location. I found a potential spot near me but your location is much better. 

Nah  once I get the bunper done ... with any luck next week, I will take some full pics toi share.  I'm an ass, but not THAT much of an ass!!  LOL

• Like 4

rtfbg

Glenn

Glenn .. I would LOVE to find an old school pin striper around here ... all my little blotches are vinyl .. sucks I know, but til I find a real live arteeest ... thats all I got!!  LOL

Can't wait to see it!

Nah  once I get the bunper done ... with any luck next week, I will take some full pics toi share.  I'm an ass, but not THAT much of an ass!!  LOL

OH SURE .... 100 posts here and a handful of likes ... but as soon  as I say "I/m an ass" EVERYBODY likes that!!  OK bucko's... wait for my next photo!!!  LOL

rtfbg

Makin a little progress ... finally got the Kohler end finished up ... now before  you all have a stroke, my little trim job on the engine tins is really not going to make much difference, with the little this unit works.  Mow all day with these tins trimmed, sure, it's gonna get hot, but this one will do a lot more sittin than workin!!!  Still haven't got the bumper brackets welded, maybe Wed.  Will let you know!!!

2015-08-03 17.44.58.jpg

• Like 2

Aldon

Bumper ready....waiting for the unveiling...:-)

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

WOW WOW WOW WOW AND WOW! That is so wicked cooooooool. Brother, your like a mad scientist of wheel horse. How the heck you came up with that over the top beast.
well worth the wait. Cant wait till others chime in. Thank you sir. Hope to see it in the horse flesh one day.

Glenn

• Like 1

Racinbob

Now that's impressive! Now we need a video.:banana-linedance:

• Like 1

Aldon

Sweet indeed. Bring that to next years show and you will set the bar for custom rigs!!!!

• Like 1

JPWH

Awsome build. I like the class of 78 touch.

rtfbg

Makin a little progress ... finally got the Kohler end finished up ... now before  you all have a stroke, my little trim job on the engine tins is really not going to make much difference, with the little this unit works.  Mow all day with these tins trimmed, sure, it's gonna get hot, but this one will do a lot more sittin than workin!!!  Still haven't got the bumper brackets welded, maybe Wed.  Will let you know!!!

2015-08-03 17.44.58.jpg

FYI .. I decided I didn't like these red flames,  so I stripped the red paint, and polished them, I think they look better, well, they blend better, hows that!!

Thanks for the flowers, this started as something for my Dad and I to tinker with.  Since he passed, Iook at it as my job to finish it so he would be proud ... shake his a little too, but proud.  I think he likes it!!

Oh, BTW ... if it looks like there is a lot of seat room, I'm 6-5, 380LBS so yea, lots of room!!  lol

F9.jpg

Now that's impressive! Now we need a video.:banana-linedance:

Patience bubba, patience!!

AMC RULES
Like a Kenworth from the front.   :eusa-clap:
  • Like 1

Racinbob
Oh, BTW ... if it looks like there is a lot of seat room, I'm 6-5, 380LBS so yea, lots of room!!  lol

So......you're saying your next project won't be an RJ??
:lol:

rtfbg
Like a Kenworth from the front.   :eusa-clap:

I was an owner/opeator for 8 years, so yea, lots of KW input ... hard to see in  the sun, but over 60 LED "chicken lights"!!

• Like 1

GT14
That is out of the park COOL!!! :bow-blue:
  • Like 1

muz123

SWEEET!

• Like 1

rtfbg

Now I know you're gonna think this is boring, but this was a project.  First, it is a little ornamental piece, the diamond plate filling the hitch that is ... so I couldn't justify cutting a 3 foot wide piece of aluminum for this little job, so I had to cut it out of scraps.  Yea, not as easy as it sounds, to have the two pieces match up and fill the space.  Then I had to re-route the wiring, drilling and mounting retainers in the frame, etc.  It's hot out here, and my heart doesn't like this crap.  So there, it's done, it's minor and cheesy but I'm proud I accomplished it.

hitch.jpg

Edited by gulftane
  • Like 5

JPWH

Nice job. Good use of scraps.

whfan74

That is one sweet looking rig you have there!  I am sure old dad is really proud!