rtfbg

D200 Resto ... Florida style!!!!

19richie66

Thats just Awesome! Goin all the way with this one!

Pullstart

That's fantastic fab work, looks great!  :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

rtfbg

Thanks for the flowers guys!!!

Some day, I'm gonna sit down and count the number of pieces in this trailer.  The welder is getting tired of it!!!  You know your in a pile of crap when you have to go to the second shelf of clamps!!!  LOL  All the clamps in this pic are for the backrest ... thats it!!

2016-04-29 18.21.39.jpg

2016-04-29 18.21.56.jpg

• Like 4

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   From the looks of it you have plenty of clamps hanging under the bench, no excuses, get back to work!  :ychain:

Hope you plan on having some cushions for the seats, that much shiny aluminum will fry an egg on a sunny day. Perhaps it should be BYOC, (bring your own cushions).  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

rtfbg
58 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:   From the looks of it you have plenty of clamps hanging under the bench, no excuses, get back to work!  :ychain:

Hope you plan on having some cushions for the seats, that much shiny aluminum will fry an egg on a sunny day. Perhaps it should be BYOC, (bring your own cushions).  :handgestures-thumbupright:

C'mon man .... what kind of operatrion you think we're runnin here ... the roof is next!!  LOL

• Like 4

rtfbg

Well, the delivery truck showed up today with 3 sticks (72 feet) of material for the roof.  So .... tomorrow will be spent cutting and polishing.  Hopefully this week the welding dept will have a hole in the schedule for me!!!

2016-05-13 16.11.52.jpg

• Like 4

rtfbg

Well, after two days of the cut snd polish show, it's ready for the welder!!   I ordered the Sunbrella material for the top, and when I did, gave the top dimensions to the sewing machine babe.  I had a stick of material in the saw, and my phone rings ... Bob, can you make the top 58" wide instead of 60", it will save you about $75, DAA  yea, since you called me before I cut it!!  

2016-05-15 13.17.08.jpg

2016-05-15 13.17.19.jpg

• Like 4

Racinbob

I fell behind on this read. That is awesome. Can't wait to see it in person. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

rtfbg
1 hour ago, Racinbob said:

I fell behind on this read. That is awesome. Can't wait to see it in person. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks!!  I'm workin my ass off to make the PA event, as long as my ticker holds up, I should be there.  However, you are welcome to come over anytime you want a private tour!!  lol

• Like 3

maxiblue

Real nice idea looks like it could be fun, I may look for a D-200 also.

953 nut

Your health is priority #1, looking forward to meeting you and taking a little ride on the wonder wagon.   :ychain: 

• Like 2

Racinbob

15 hours ago, gulftane said:

Thanks!!  I'm workin my ass off to make the PA event, as long as my ticker holds up, I should be there.  However, you are welcome to come over anytime you want a private tour!!  lol

I agree with Richard. Take care of yourself and I just may take you up on that. It would be a nice 2 hour drive. :)

V-Four

Wow, I just read the whole thing. Awesome!! and can't wait for the finished product.

:)

rtfbg
6 hours ago, V-Four said:

Wow, I just read the whole thing. Awesome!! and can't wait for the finished product.

:)

Wow, even I haven't read the whole thing!!  LOL  It's a blast sharing with these guys.  Welcome to the group.  Not a finer bunch of hands can be found!!!!

• Like 4

rtfbg

Wel, just spent another week in the hospital, sure is hard to get anything done in there.  Anyway, got the welder on the roof top today, finish her up in the AM, and truck it to the fabric babe so she can have it for the weekend.  PVC finally came in for the deco panels, so I will spend the weekend gettin those pieces all cut and painted.  I HOPE!!!!!

roof 1.jpg

Edited by gulftane
better pic
  • Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I really want to see your project at the Big Show, please take care of yourself.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

You really have talent, that BIG D is so cool. Like others say , take care of yourself.

Glenn

• Like 2

19richie66

Take it easy Bob. Don't over do it. It is looking good though!

• Like 2

rtfbg

Thanks guys, I reallyn appreciate the comments and support.  Shop full of crap jobs today so the roof didn't get any work, but tomorrow is anther day!!  Hope to get the rag on it soon!!!

rtfbg

Well, we got lucky today, and no more jobs came in, so I managed to herd the welder out of the A/C and got the top finished!!  The sewing machine babe will have her table cleared by 10AM tomorrow, so the next time you se this bad boy it will have a nice red tux!!!

2016-05-27 14.06.12.jpg

• Like 6

rtfbg

Well, I evacuated the Beast to higher ground, as the storm surge has come over the banks.  The rain has been heavy, but not continuous, so thats good.  Expect the winds to ramp up this evening, so that means tree branches blowing into power lines!!!

1465249141.jpg

953 nut

May God protect you and yours. Lived in Florida for forty years and know how these storms can disrupt your life. After Andrew my house had very little damage, but stores and services were gone. 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
12 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

May God protect you and yours. Lived in Florida for forty years and know how these storms can disrupt your life. After Andrew my house had very little damage, but stores and services were gone. 

I lived in Florida for 10 years. so yep. I get your drift.

Glenn

• Like 1

19richie66

I can't get out of Florida......... :laughing-rolling: