rtfbg

D200 Resto ... Florida style!!!!

Aldon

Very nice tractor but even without the special attention to the hitch/trailer tongue that wheel horse transport rig is very nice. Great touch with this latest touch.

rtfbg

NO ... I didn't die!!  YET!!  lol ... been laying around thinking a lot lately ... thats a bad thing according to my welder buddy!!  lol ... so ...  the next project is a 3 axle trailer to haul a few folks around.  Why not!!  Got most of the parts rounded up, getting started with construction.  Got 6 wheels and tires from a local golf cart dealer ... FREE!!!  Thats always a good thing.  These geezers down here don't like stock wheels and tires on their carts, so take-offs are easy to get.  So how am I gonna turn a 3 axle trailer???  Simple, we'll just make the front and rear axles steer!!  You're gonna like it!!  Pics coming soon.  Geez, my welder is gettin a sore neck from shaken his head!!  We just ordered 6 sticks of 1-1/4" alum tubing, 24' each!!  How to transport this thing has been the biggest hurdle ... not saying anything yet, gonna wait to see if it works before I say anything!! 

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Cant wait to see your latest project, very good.

Glenn

rtfbg

OK, geez you guys are impatient!!  Here's one of the steering axles, needle bearings under the king pins, and the wheel hubs, not shown here, are from go carts.  The bolt pattern was mto small, so we welded them directly to the wheels.  Sort of a cool rule in the weld shop, there's no such thing as "it doesn't fit!!"  LOL

trl axle.jpg

• Like 2

Ironman

I just read through your build from the beginning. What an amazing job!!! I love the thought that went into every detail with amazing execution. I look forward to seeing how the trailer turns out! You're an inspiration my friend!!! God Bless!

• Like 2

Zeek

You did an OUTSTANDING job on this:happy-partydance:  You and I talked before via PM, hope to see this in person somemday!!

• Like 1

rtfbg

Will be spending much of the Christmas weekend getting the trailer together.  Here's a very crappy pick of all 3 axles, and the frame pieces in a pile!!  Pay jobs come first at the weld shop so my crap gets "piled up"!!  BOO HOO!!!  Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, and I hope the new year brings everyone the joy they are looking for, ...... and a different president!!!   bob

2015-12-21 17.02.41.jpg

• Like 7

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

you to Bob. merry christmas. the job will get done.

Glenn

• Like 1

rtfbg

Makin some progress, got the frame welded, and the tie rods are layed out waiting for the welder to change the machine over ... different world between aluminum and stainless!!  Hopefully tomorrow!!!

2015-12-28 13.00.25.jpg

2015-12-28 12.58.09.jpg

Edited by gulftane
  • Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Bob. you sure dont waste any time. nice.

Glenn

rtfbg
17 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Bob. you sure dont waste any time. nice.

Glenn

I don't have a lot of time ... I need to keep at it!!

Wheel-N-It

Happy New Year Gulftane!!!

• Like 1

rtfbg

A while back there was some discussion abougt a Florida event or get together.  I suggested we do it during the manatee festival, but upon investigation, I found that probably would not be such a great idea, as all motels are fully nooked, and the rest of town is so jammed up it would be more aggrivation than entertainment.

That said, I still think it's a great idea.  The NAPA store where the "Beast" lives has agreed to give us their storage lot for use as a hangout.  There is one porta pottie there which the owner of the repair shop said we could use if we paid for the pump out fee, which is $50.  There is water available, and we could sneak a low amp 110v line from the weld shop for a few lights.

It is in the middle of town, but there is a large, rarely used sidewalk that has some cool scenery, if we wanted to go for a horse ride!!

Anyway, if there is an interest, lets pick a date in FEB, andmake it happen!!!  Will post this on the event page as well.

• Like 1

Racinbob

That sounds like fun. I can make it. It will be interesting to see the response. Remember all, palm trees and sun in February. :)

19richie66

Florida Flywheelers show is in the middle of Feb. Not sure of the date so you might want to make it a weekend other than that. Ill be at the Flywheelers for sure.

• Like 1

rtfbg

FLORIDA FLYWHEELERS ......

29th Annual Antique Engine & Tractor "Swap Meet" 
January 13-14-15-16**, 2016

24rd Annual Antique Engine & Tractor Show
February 24-25-26-27, 2016
Featuring Implements, Stationary Engines & Ferguson Tractors 

3 minutes ago, gulftane said:

FLORIDA FLYWHEELERS ......

29th Annual Antique Engine & Tractor "Swap Meet" 
January 13-14-15-16**, 2016

24rd Annual Antique Engine & Tractor Show
February 24-25-26-27, 2016
Featuring Implements, Stationary Engines & Ferguson Tractors 

I'm gonna try to make thie FEB deal, maybe we could have a Wheel Horse corner in a field somewhere!!!

• Like 1

rtfbg

The more I think about this, the more I am leaning toward the FL Flywheelers deal.  I would love to host guys here at my home town, I know we would have a great time, but with my crap health, which seems to almost be a day to day thing, I am nervous about making that type of commitment.  If guys planned on coming, or worst, actually did, and I was a no show, I would really feel like an ass.  I think it would be better if we contacted the FL Fly guys and arranged for our own special "corner" where we could gather.  Thoughts??

• Like 1

Racinbob

I like that idea if they will agree. I've never been to the Flywheelers show and would like to go. Richie is probably the most knowledgeable about the show so maybe he will chime in. The week prior to that is Speedweek at Daytona and I like to spend time at the track and never miss the races. :)

19richie66

I have the 27th of February already off and will be ready to go. I am by no means a know it all on this show but I have been to them for about 6 years. I will do my best to answer any questions or at least find out. We could all meet up for lunch. It's best to get there early before the crowds of golf carts start driving around the grounds.

• Like 2

rtfbg
I sent them a general info request and this was their reply.  I have not called him yet, but it would be much better if Richie called him, as I have never been there and know nothing about the place.  

Bob

Re: 24rd Annual Antique Engine & Tractor Show February 24-25-26-27, 2016

er

Edited by gulftane
messed up email copy
  • Like 1

rtfbg
On 1/3/2016 at 9:17 PM, 19richie66 said:

Florida Flywheelers show is in the middle of Feb. Not sure of the date so you might want to make it a weekend other than that. Ill be at the Flywheelers for sure.

Hello Bob if you would please call Dick at 941-232-4227 he is the guy that can help you out with this.  Carl

When I contacted the general info email address, this was their response.  Could you call this guy??  I have never been there, and could not converse with him effectively compared to you, as you know this place well.

bb

rtfbg
On 1/3/2016 at 9:17 PM, 19richie66 said:

I don't know why this thing keep showing up but oh well ....

Anyway, got a new project ... a rust B-145 with a GE deck.  I will start a new thread on this once I finish my trailer, but for now, she's just gonna rest on some carpet in the garage.  I doubt she's ever done that before!!  LOL

5699afae255fa_2016-01-1516.40.24.jpg.c8a

5699afbdd2953_2016-01-1516.40.43.jpg.b23

5699afc7a1dab_2016-01-1516.40.31.jpg.ca1

• Like 1

19richie66

I got your message but haven't had a chance to call him. I'll try to by Monday.

• Like 1