rtfbg

D200 Resto ... Florida style!!!!

rtfbg

Found this on an old 8mm home movie, ME, showing my trim around a tree technique, all be it a bit rough, but not that bad for a 7 year old!!  1962!!

wheelhorse.mp4

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

PeacemakerJack

Even though it is only 11 seconds, that video is awesome! You look to be handling the old wheel horse very well for a youngster. Thank you for sharing it with us.

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:
Really is an awesome little piece of history there.  :thanks:

Gulftane.thumb.jpg.b04e2cbb2f5018ab653f0534b1147274.jpg

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

rtfbg

Hey sports fans ////    Been pretty quiet around here, I had another heart attack, mild one, a couple weeks ago, did angio on one vessel and put stents in 2 others.  Big difference now, so I'm looking forward to a good winter in the garage, you know, 60 degrees, sunny, breeze, perfect WH weather!!!   Still have not made up my mind if I want to do the electric or the flathead next, but I have enough cleanup work to keep me busy for a bit.  The BEAST has a dead battery and a flat steering tire, so I need to tend to that first.   Glad to be back, will start a new thread once I figure out which one I want to do!!  LOL

• Like 9

953 nut
8 hours ago, gulftane said:

Big difference now,

Wondered where you were hiding out. Thought you might be too busy building :wh: to do any posting. Glad to hear you are doing well now.  :text-bravo:

• Like 1

rtfbg
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Wondered where you were hiding out. Thought you might be too busy building :wh: to do any posting. Glad to hear you are doing well now.  :text-bravo:

You should know me by now, I won't turn a wrench without lettin you guys know!!  You're worse than a wife ... what are you doin .. where's that go ... why .. why ... GEEZ  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Glad your are doing ok , hope to hear about your new project soon. Stay healthy.

• Thanks 1

dells68

@gulftane first priority is to take care of yourself.  Use the horses as therapy and keep us posted.  Glad to hear you're doing better now!

• Like 2

rtfbg

Health forces sale.  If anyone is interested, make me an offer.

40.jpg

30.jpg

AA.jpg

• Sad 6

953 nut
4 minutes ago, gulftane said:

Health forces sale.

Sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and pray that you will recover in time.

• Like 3

stevebo

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Open up an add in the classifieds and please list an asking price. That thing is a show piece for sure. Good luck with the sale. 

• Like 2

dells68

Sorry to hear you're having to sell.  That's one beautiful machine and one anyone would be proud to own.  You're right to focus on your health and family.  You'll be in our prayers.

• Like 2

rtfbg
On 2/22/2018 at 5:42 PM, 953 nut said:

Sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and pray that you will recover in time.

Thanks.  Things are stable, but to keep it that way, I have to limit myself to watching tv, period.  I have a girl to shop and clean for me, so I'll just sit here and watch the calander!!

• Sad 3

rtfbg
21 hours ago, stevebo said:

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Open up an add in the classifieds and please list an asking price. That thing is a show piece for sure. Good luck with the sale. 

Figured I would start here, with the guys who followed the build, then I will do a classified.  Thanks.

• Like 2

rtfbg
56 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Sorry to hear you're having to sell.  That's one beautiful machine and one anyone would be proud to own.  You're right to focus on your health and family.  You'll be in our prayers.

Thanks, appreciate it.  bb

• Like 3

19richie66

Bob, I wish you the best my friend. Sorry you have to go down this road. 

• Like 3

DennisThornton

Well crap! Sorry to hear! Darn! 

Better luck to you!

Sarge

That doesn't sound good - hope all is well for you folks, it's a great D and wish I had the means to own it . Best of luck and let us know if we can help...

Sarge

rtfbg

Had to put a price in the Classified ad, so I threw a number in there.  Since I had zero interest, I figure that must have been too high, so how about half of that.  3750.00

• Like 1

rtfbg

Price at $3000, funny, there's over $2000 worth of aluminum in this thing!!  lol

• Like 1

rtfbg

OK .. I guess I'm full of crap when it comes to putting a value on things.  Silly me, I figured if I priced something at HALF what it cost that there would be some interest, but obviously I was wrong.  So, lets try 1/3rd of that!! 

The Beast, and the Trolley, for $2500.

Geez, there's  $400 worth of hub caps!!  lol

• Like 2

bmsgaffer
19 hours ago, gulftane said:

OK .. I guess I'm full of crap when it comes to putting a value on things.  Silly me, I figured if I priced something at HALF what it cost that there would be some interest, but obviously I was wrong.  So, lets try 1/3rd of that!! 

The Beast, and the Trolley, for $2500.

Geez, there's  $400 worth of hub caps!!  lol

Honestly, I don't think your pricing was too far out of line for what you have. The trick is that it really requires finding the right buyer. That's still fairly expensive (worth it in my mind, but out of the league of many) and I think the real issue is the sheer size of the unit for storage. I think you will find the right buyer, but it will take time, which is hard. I am going to PM you with someone that you may want to contact that could be interested. 

I wish you the best of luck, that is one awesome beast!

WHX??

Noo not out of line at all on your asking price. I have seen it in person and your way to low IMHO. My problem would be the Mrs. and the cost of a trailer to haul it on!

20160624_090437.jpg

19richie66

You paid the man what he was asking for it. End of story. It took someone from up north to come down here and buy the thing. Doubt he would have ever sold it to anyone local. Very few people that I know of here that are into wheel horses. I am glad to see it go to a good home. You can’t save them all but at least you have some people trying to preserve what are left. I don’t think you are a bad guy. Wish I lived closer. Carry on👍

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1