rtfbg

D200 Resto ... Florida style!!!!

953 nut
On 2/4/2017 at 7:12 PM, gulftane said:

1934 Ford, factory stock is 85 HP, so that should help the Beast be more Beastly!

You will need a really big shoehorn to get that into a "D"     :ychain:

Edited by 953 nut

Horse Digger

No, it's a crowbar, and that's for pulling the WH over the engine... 

• Like 1

rtfbg

Well, another year of my life (we measure "years" here in FL by the winter!!) shot to hell layin in bed, more issues.  I have however, had plenty of time to think and plan.  I have had so many compliments on the Beast, that I just can't bring myself to cut her up.  So ... I decided, that if and when I get back on my feet, that I'm going to mothball the flathead, and go forward with restoring the B-145 electric.  Once thats done, I will look for another horse for the V8.  Hope that's not too disappointing, but I think this is the best way to go.

• Like 2

953 nut
12 minutes ago, gulftane said:

so many compliments on the Beast, that I just can't bring myself to cut her up

:handgestures-thumbupright:    We love the Beast, and the B 145 Electric will be a beauty!  :bow-blue:

Image result for beauty and the beast

19richie66

Yeah too much work to just go cutting it up. Now another D200........ just get out the torches and go at it.:thumbs:

• Like 1

rtfbg
On 4/9/2017 at 7:44 PM, 19richie66 said:

Yeah too much work to just go cutting it up. Now another D200........ just get out the torches and go at it.:thumbs:

Yea, I'm looking for a D parts tractor, frame, axles and some sheet metal, no engine or hydro ... maybe I'll get lucky!!

• Like 3

rtfbg

Well, I guess it's official now, I'll be watchin all the BIG SHOW festivities on the computer.  I wore a heart monitor for a month, and my cardiologist wasn't happy with the results, so this coming Friday I get my very own defibrillator / pacemaker installed.  This should be interesting.  I did FINALLY get the hauler unloaded from last years show ... about 3 weeks ago actually.  That's probably some kind of record!!  LOL Sadly, the only casualty appears to be the front panel of the Trolley.  We are the proud owners of the Crystal River Generating Station, the 8th largest pwr plant in the US ... and the WORLD'S LARGEST SINGLE SOURCE OF SULPHUR DIOXIDE!!!  The rain here brings new meaning to TOXIC!!  The plants have all adjusted to it, but if it is left laying on any ferrous metal, it chews on it big time.  Will post some before and  after pics of the repairs, once I get the energy to start them.

Sure was looking forward to another trip north, lots of great people.  Be sure to post lots of videos and photos!!!!!

• Like 3

19richie66

Sorry to hear this Bob. Hope you have a speedy recovery and get feeling better soon. I too will be watching from a distance.

rtfbg

UPDATE ... The defibrillator is in and working like it should, at least for the pacing part, I hope it never has to shock me!!  Doc said "you're a big boy ... it will still put you on your knees"!!  Thats bad, but the choice is a backhoe and dirt on my head so ....  

And the official word is no driving for a month!!  Great!! This is gonna suck!!!  Oh well ... 

• Like 3

r356c

Gulftane,

A WWII vet that spent 20 days in the cargo hold of a Jap ship as a POW without taking a s**t because he was starving to death told me that getting old was not for wimps.

Hang in there.

Crystal River looks to be getting natural gas instead of coal soon. That should help the sulphur dioxide some. I'm down wind. :)

953 nut
On 5/20/2017 at 6:07 PM, gulftane said:

I'll be watchin all the BIG SHOW festivities on the computer.

Enjoyed meeting you at last year's show, you will be missed. Got to do what the doc tells you, we will post lots of :text-coolphotos:

rtfbg
9 hours ago, r356c said:

Gulftane,

A WWII vet that spent 20 days in the cargo hold of a Jap ship as a POW without taking a s**t because he was starving to death told me that getting old was not for wimps.

Hang in there.

Crystal River looks to be getting natural gas instead of coal soon. That should help the sulphur dioxide some. I'm down wind. :)

YES we are getting gas!!  Pipeline system is nearing completion, and pwr plant conversions are underway, but we're still chewin thru two 99 car trains of coal per day!!!

roadapples
On 5/20/2017 at 6:22 PM, 19richie66 said:

Sorry to hear this Bob. Hope you have a speedy recovery and get feeling better soon. 

+1

rtfbg

Found this little ditty a couple days ago ... guy said it's a 1967 model.  I have no idea what it s.  He wants $400 for it with NO motor.  I will not use the deck or PTO stuff, deck mountng, etc ... Any ideas what it is, and what it's REALLY worth???

1111bobby.jpg

• Like 2

953 nut

Looks like an 857.  :twocents-02cents:   Without a running engine I wouldn't give more than $ 100 unless you are absolutely head over heals in love with it. 

rtfbg
6 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Looks like an 857.  :twocents-02cents:   Without a running engine I wouldn't give more than $ 100 unless you are absolutely head over heals in love with it. 

Thanks buddy ... I am looking for one for the V8, and it will require a TON of hood work to make the finished product ... this hood looks like a nightmare, there are NO straight lines!!  Everywhere you look there is a beautiful, subtle, but pain in the ass curve!!  I was thinking he was a bit strong, but remember, I'm down here in the land of "nuthin RED"!!!  If I have to go to your neck of the woods to get something, I'm lookin at 3-4 tanks of gas at $75 each ...  it adds up fast!!!

Racinbob

Most importantly do take care of yourself. My brother has one of those defibs and yes, it can floor you but it's there to help you.

It could be an 857 but the decal looks too long. It's in that era anyways. I'd say $400 WITH the engine would be the going Florida price. There are to ways to price Wheel Horses in area where they are scarce. They price them high because of the scarcity or they don't know what they have and sell cheap. I've seen it go both ways down there. I bought my 2005 Classic in 2009 with 101 hours for $1000. That was in Clearwater. Clearly the guy didn't know what he had. It's too bad that now I'm 1000 miles away. That deck would be great on my 500 Special and could offset the cost. :)

Edited by Racinbob

rtfbg
27 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

Most importantly do take care of yourself. My brother has one of those defibs and yes, it can floor you but it's there to help you.

It could be an 857 but the decal looks too long. It's in that era anyways. I'd say $400 WITH the engine would be the going Florida price. There are to ways to price Wheel Horses in area where they are scarce. They price them high because of the scarcity or they don't know what they have and sell cheap. I've seen it go both ways down there. I bought my 2005 Classic in 2009 with 101 hours for $1000. That was in Clearwater. Clearly the guy didn't know what he had. It's too bad that now I'm 1000 miles away. That deck would be great on my 500 Special and could offset the cost. :)

I'm not going to use the deck, any of it's attaching hardware, mules, belts, pulleys or any part of the PTO system, so it's all yours.  I have an 18HP Craftsman, the old one with the HUUUUGE hood, need to see what this guy will give me for it, and what you want to give for the deck, then will see where I'm at.

Racinbob

The problem is that I'm no longer in Florida. We now live back in Indiana. I'm thinking that might be a 36" deck. The tractor looks to have 23-8.50 rears and the deck looks to be wide enough. I have 23-8.50's on the 500 Special too. :)

953 nut
2 hours ago, Racinbob said:

Most importantly do take care of yourself.

:text-yeahthat:

If you bare planning to build the flathead V8 Wheel Horse you will be building a custom frame and probably need to graft a few hoods together to obtain the length and width needed to accommodate the engine and radiator. I seem to recall some one posting a hood project last year where they widened and stretched it; Can't remember who.  :confusion-confused:

19richie66

Three hoods welded together. No easy but it can be done. I still dont know what it will look like painted. May rat rod it afterall

IMG_3489.JPG

• Like 5

953 nut
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

widened and stretched it; Can't remember who.

2 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

Three hoods welded together.

Now I remember, it was Richie!   :bow-yellow:

• Like 2

rtfbg

Yep, thats what I was planning on.  HOWEVER ... those soft curves are VERY difficult for a NON-PRO body guy ... me .. to master.  Truthfully I w2as hoping to find another D200, easy to do what I want with that.  Few and far between down here!!!

• Like 2

Sarge

That wood grain hood tractor is either a 1077 or 1277 , can't quite make out the second digit but the last two are definitely 77 ....not sure what it's doing in Florida but that would be a rare animal indeed . That's a rare hood btw, they were only used 2yrs with no headlight in it .

Sarge

DennisThornton
On 6/3/2017 at 0:21 AM, gulftane said:

Found this little ditty a couple days ago ... guy said it's a 1967 model.  I have no idea what it s.  He wants $400 for it with NO motor.  I will not use the deck or PTO stuff, deck mountng, etc ... Any ideas what it is, and what it's REALLY worth???

1111bobby.jpg

$400 with sounds fair but $150 without the engine.  Deck's got to be worth something.