rtfbg

D200 Resto ... Florida style!!!!

rtfbg

So there is a steady stream oif customers in the shop, most wanting $200 worth of welding done for $20.  Everyone asks about the trailer, since it's hoging about half the floor space.  The welder told this one guy .."he said a trailer, so I figured a lawn cart, you know, like for a lawn tractor ... but no, turns out, he wants a friggen TROLLEY"!!  We all about peed laughing, so thats now the official name of this, The Trolley!!

No pic today, but I stayed late and got the rest of the roof supports clamped up, ready for the mad tig man in the morning.

I did make my motel reservations, so I'm fairly optomistic I'll be heading north.  Still have to mount this thing, so the welding isn't over just yet!!

• Like 3

953 nut

trolley-mural.jpg?format=1500w

rtfbg

WAY TO GO PENS!!!  HOIST THE MUG!!!

stanleycup052915-getty-ftrjpg_1doukux73ytug1ktxxw2qjqk5h.jpg

• Like 1

rtfbg

Well, the Beast and the Trolley are loaded, and the trailer ain't to happy about it!!  Oh well, now if my 435,000 mile V6 F150 can make the run we'll be good.  Time SSSN and hit the road!!!

How does the Trolley get on the ground and put together???  Well, for a $5 donation to the WHCC you can pull up a chair and watch!!!

2016-06-20 18.48.39.jpg

• Like 6

Thor27

Drive safe and please share some pics from the show....

• Like 2

Zeek

YEEAAA SEE YOU THERE !!! :party:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Go get em Bob, you did it. :wh:

Glenn

dells68

And I was worried about packing in my trailer!  Nice packing job!!!!!

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:    Looks a bit like a Mayflower Moving truck, seems they always have a few items strapped to the back.  :ychain:

Looking forward to seeing them both, drive safe.  :auto-layrubber:

• Like 1

rtfbg

YIPPEE!!!   I made it!!  Got through DC last night, even at 0330 it was a zoo!!  At the motel in Gettysburg a few hours ago, took a nap, now bored waiting til the morning!!!

• Like 3

Aldon

I should be in area around 3:3o

started a thread to see about gathering for dinner

Edited by Aldon

rtfbg

NWS says tomorrow will be a wash out, so probably just park trailer there and go back to the motel, FRI SAT look excellent!!!

oldredrider

Even if it's raining...the show must go on! Barns are full of good deals.  Bet you don't leave after getting there!

• Like 1

rtfbg
2 hours ago, oldredrider said:

Even if it's raining...the show must go on! Barns are full of good deals.  Bet you don't leave after getting there!

Yea, I hear ya, but the Beast and the Trolley are RAIN FREE and their gonna stay that way!!  LOL

• Like 2

Thor27

I hope you got them unloaded?  That's my subtle way of asking you for some picture proof! I want to see that combination! 

rtfbg

These pics are on the show pic pages but wanted to add them here in case anyone missed them.  Some folks asked why a three axle trailer??  Well, this boat, "Dog Meat" was a jewel I built in 1988 while in CA ... the 3 axle trailer with chrome fenders was a major part of her looks.  I guess it had a special spot in my heart!!

show pic.jpg

IMG_3763-crop.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.88b0fa711a92d8fb6640c511f971309a.jpeg

426591_421399134563790_1237600744_n.jpg

• Like 8

rtfbg

This is a follow up to a chat comment .... when this boat was built, the guy who installed the teak swim platform on the transom, drilled through into the fuel tank splitter valve.  On our maiden voyage, when we turned the selector valve to the second tank, it  opened the "hole" and caused the engine area to flood with gas!!  We had to paddle a brand new boat to the dock!!

384580_421399297897107_504622772_n.jpg

Edited by gulftane
  • Like 2

rtfbg
On 6/27/2016 at 11:35 PM, Thor27 said:

I hope you got them unloaded?  That's my subtle way of asking you for some picture proof! I want to see that combination! 

here you go!!

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Heres one of my brothers boats. just had it hauled out the other day. sad to see it go. I had a boat....NEVER AGAIN LOL.  I like the wheel horse better.

Glenn

20160630_174224.jpg

20160630_174356.jpg

20160524_182739.jpg

• Like 7

rtfbg

Very nice.  You know the old saying, the two happiest days in a boat owners life, the day he buys it and the day he sells it!!!

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
3 hours ago, gulftane said:

Very nice.  You know the old saying, the two happiest days in a boat owners life, the day he buys it and the day he sells it!!!

Trust me, selling it beat the buying it on the happiest scale of 1 to 10. Without a doubt.

Glenn

• Like 1

whtractors24
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:17 PM, gulftane said:

Well, the Beast and the Trolley are loaded, and the trailer ain't to happy about it!!  Oh well, now if my 435,000 mile V6 F150 can make the run we'll be good.  Time SSSN and hit the road!!!

How does the Trolley get on the ground and put together???  Well, for a $5 donation to the WHCC you can pull up a chair and watch!!!

2016-06-20 18.48.39.jpg

still want to see a video of this coming off :)

rtfbg

Hey Horse guys .... Sorry I haven't been around lately.  Having gut issues, still not resolved but they are working on it.  Lost over 40LBS in the last 3 months, would be great if it was MY idea!!

Anyway, been doing a lot of thinking while I am layin here.  Decided to shelf the B-145 project for now.  The BEAST is really just stock, so she isn't REALLY a beast.  So .....

I have decided that the next project should be actually making it a REAL beast!!!  Probably going to have to do some serious re-design of the front end, and engineer new cooling and charging systems, but hey ... it's only  ... well ...yea, it's only!!!

This is a 1934 Ford, factory stock is 85 HP, so that should help the Beast be more Beastly!!!

Will keep you posted, but be patient, can't start til I feel a little better!!!

2017-02-04 16.21.51.jpg

Edited by gulftane
  • Like 4

Aldon

85 hp should liven things up for sure!

smoreau

I was thinking of a turbo charged diesel would be a nice fit for the beast.