Nickswheelhorse

Belts for a C141

Nickswheelhorse

Hi, I have a 1979 C141. I need some new belts! I have found the manual for it and my mower deck, I think.

Firstly the tractor drive belt, There looks like two options,

1st- 7478 or 106496

2rd- 7473 or 106497     Are they the same length?

The mower has no numbers on it but is a 42" RD.

Mower drive from the pto- 102741.

Mower blades belt- 106125.

And where is the best place to order these belts and is there much difference in quality's? I have found a place at- http://www.bearingshopuk.co.uk.

Thanks for any help Nick.

Anglo Traction

Hello Nick, A belated welcome to RS. Not totally familiar with your Model, but suspect the Belt size differences may be for engine variation ( pulley size).

The 7473 Belt is 81.95 inches in length measured around the outer circumference.

The 7478 Belt is 84.22 inches ..     ...      ....               ..         ..   .  ...       . ..              .

I suspect you have a Single Cylinder Engine and a Manual Transmission , you will require the 7473 Belt, but at least you can check by measuring now.

As for where to obtain one, I only use genuine Wheel Horse Belts from a Toro parts dealer, so can only offer an alternative source without endorsement.

I have used an online source for other machinery and have been more than happy with the quality and would consider using on my Tractors if required, so you may wish to check out this company - http://www.beltingonline.com   (click on Vee and Wedge Belts in the left hand list)

They list by Manufacturers part numbers, Manufacturer, dimensions etc and they are based in Hampshire. 

Lastly, as you have located all your applicable Manuals and gone to great lengths already to locate the information,  there is another of enormous help, it can be found in the Manuals section- 

Hope this helps and if you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to ask. Let us know how you get on.

Regards.  

Edited by Anglo Traction
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

Tractor

7478 is for hydro transmission

7473 is for 8-speed

106496 is for twin cylinder auto models

106497 is a typo for 106496 @ Toro

Mower

Spindle belt for 95-42MR01 deck is 106125

Drive belt for 95-42MR01 deck is 108834 (98") in belt chart and likely a mistake so may be WRONG

Drive belt 102741 (96.6") is listed for 95-42MR02 in the original parts list

Mower belt chart

Tractor belt chart

Garry

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Appears the belt chart may be correct after all with the longer belt

Garry

Nickswheelhorse

Thanks for the help. 

It is an 8 spd and a single 14hp kohler. I have ordered the belts from beltinoline. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again, Nick

Nickswheelhorse

Hi everyone, I have fitted the belts and all is good. They fit perfectly, and we are cutting grass again! 

The belts I got were

Spindal/blade belt - 106125.

Drive belt - 108834.

From beltingonline.co.uk.

Thanks Garry, Anglo traction.

Nick