51Chevy

my grandpa, and dads old wheel horse is back home!

51Chevy

This is my grandpa and dads old wheel horse, my dad took the black and white picture back in the 70s when he was younger than me about 12 then in the 80s he gave it to his friend. My dad has been after him to get it back for years, then when my grandpa passed away I wanted it even more, so yesterday I was going through some 857 parts and told my dad to call Hus friend and try to get it back. When he did he decided to part with it, so today we went up and worked out a deal. Since hes had it he welded a plate to the frame for a 12hp Kohler and cut the console for the battery. So when we got home we pulled the motor and put the hood on. My planes for the tractor is to make it as it is in the picture and get something done on the fender in memory of my grandpa, for example my grand pa cut the hood for headlights and taillights on it, he also had a signs in the hood.

post-11056-0-14674500-1399945184_thumb.j

post-11056-0-52236700-1399945206_thumb.j

post-11056-0-53503300-1399945316_thumb.j

post-11056-0-13301400-1399945339_thumb.j

• Like 6

Sparky

Its pretty amazing to get something like that back after its been gone for 25 years or thereabouts.

Good luck with it!

Mike..........

51Chevy

Thanks!

AMC RULES

Congrats on gettin' her back.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

51Chevy

Thanks!

Hammerhead

A real family jewel, great job, it pays to be persistent! Grandpa is looking down and he is happy! :crying-yellow:

papaglide

Very cool that you got it back! Keep in touch with your resto efforts. :beer:

Tankman

The Horse, of course, knew the way home!   :laughing-rofl:

Have fun restoring the Stallion and reminiscing 'bout old times. It's all good.

dennist

Great story and glad you got it back

Wheel-N-It

Good story, congragulations on getting that old horse back home.

rexman72

its good that there home with you

Racinbob

Super glue on the tires? :scratchead: Seriously, that's a great story. I'm in the process of restoring a Suburban 400 just like my Dads first Wheel Horse in 1960. That in itself is pretty special to me. To get the actual tractor that was your Dads and Grampas is incredible. Enjoy the restoration.

bmsgaffer

Super glue on the tires? :scratchead:

No, that's the Super Wheel Horse Anti Gravity Generator (SWHAGG). It is a very rare attachment, discontinued quickly after people tried mowing their hedges...  :eusa-whistle: 

Racinbob

This works too and the blood doesn't rush to your head.

post-8408-0-97772500-1399989862_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Racinbob

Sorry 51Chevy. We're not making fun of you. Pictures get flipped all the time. I'll bet someone will fix it soon. I have to have a sticker on my camera that says "Look through this side when taking pictures".

squonk

I pads flip the pics all the time. I don't use mine for taking them anymore unless I upload them to my main puter and fix them. Then if you view the pics on one like I am now you still can 't see therm correctly. Awesome pics when I can see them right. I really like the old original ones. The only one I have of my original 604 is the one in my avatar. Wish I had more.

Edited by squonk

51Chevy

Thanks guys I'm exciteded to finish my dads uncles 854 restoration and start this one I will probably make it nice but not perfect so that I use it and not just stare at it all the time, and my dads friend told us last night that he has two more sets of rims and wheel weights for it but there the narrow rims so I can probably us them on my 854.

thehorse

I'm happy to see you got it back. Looks like a big project...take your time and enjoy it. It will bring back good memories while you are going through the frustrating stuff.

cruisnblue48

Glad to see you got your dad's tractor back after all those years. Few people understand the sentimental value of what you have there. I've been going through the same thing the past three years since I got my dad's 1962 WH back after not seeing it for nearly 35 years. It was a basket case when I got mine back but it's now nearly finished and looking like new. Enjoy your special restore project.

51Chevy

Thanks guys!

Kwa1ski

Have restoring it! Its always nice to have the WH that your grandpa had. I know that first hand with my Sk-486.

And yes my pictures got flipped as well when taking them from my ipod.

51Chevy

Thanks me and my dad plan to put a motor in it and do a little work to it before the whrelhorse show in pa and bring it out there