JimL

New user - new to me tractor. C-120 special

JimL

Here is some pictures. Got this from a friend of a friend. Came. With a snow blade, snow thrower, 42" deck. It has a Tecumseh motor. I got it running. Needed a battery and a carb cleaning. Needs a carb kit and a fuel pump kit. Need to find those yet.

I mainly got it because I needed a mower for my yard. I had an 857 I gave to my dad. It has a grader blade which I stole to use on this tractor. I ordered some blades and got the two broken blade bolts out of the spindles. It will need some deck bearings at some point. I'm hoping to get thru the summer and do some upgraded this winter. Not sure where to get bearings. Hopefully they can be had at napa.

Not sure why I can't post a picture. Must be too big. I will try again tonight.

Edited by JimL
  • Like 1

rexman72

welcome to the group

KATO

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

SethL1984

:WRS:

chazm

WELCOME TO     :rs: 

Joefrommi65

Welcome

AMC RULES

:wwp:

:WRS:

JimL

14190537293_53f875139f_o.jpg

14147282626_b65812c170_o.jpg

14170485064_e1b0bc1c88_o.jpg

14170434245_d68429d4c3_o.jpg

13983796017_54e9e2708b_o.jpg

Need to fix that lift arm right… Need new seat cushions too.

• Like 1

JimL

I ordered some gator blades for it, also found another muffler that's a bit quieter. Believe it's a cub cadet item.

On the seat I'm thinking I'll have to use a local automotive upholstery shop. Anyone have a breakdown of the pto clutch? I just want to be sure it is all there. Works. But seems a bit off?

Ed Kennell

:woohoo:    Gotta luv a Tecky powered 120.....My favorite horse.   :WRS:

• Like 1

gwest_ca

I ordered some gator blades for it, also found another muffler that's a bit quieter. Believe it's a cub cadet item.

On the seat I'm thinking I'll have to use a local automotive upholstery shop. Anyone have a breakdown of the pto clutch? I just want to be sure it is all there. Works. But seems a bit off?

Not the best but all we have

Garry

KC9KAS

WELCOME TO :rs:

JimL

Thanks for the welcome. I've redone several jd garden tractors. This won't be a restoration. More of a reliable worker.

• Like 1

JimL

Does Firestone still make a 23x8.5x12 like I have on my 857? I like them, they ride nice.

Save Old Iron

would like to see a pic of the cub cadet muffler setup - those style mufflers seem to be readily available

jackhammer

39 yrs old and still looks solid . Welcome to RedSquare

JimL

Old muffler broke off in block.  If I can't get it out I guess I will have to weld a new pipe to the block…  Aggravating….'

I have put 4 beers worth of effort into coming up with a way to remove the broken pipe...

Edited by JimL

Save Old Iron

search the forum - someone posted a method to use a sawzall blade to slice the nipple along its length and then use a cold chisel to collapse the nipple inward - releasing the corroded nipple threads from contact with the block

Edited by Save Old Iron

JimL

Spent $70 bucks on new blades. Yeah my ass still hurts. Got the muffler on, mowed today. Seems to mow good, ole tecumser has a nice knock to her. I was hoping it would break a rod but it didn't. Already has a .010 piston in it. I'm going to use it for a while like it is. I got a gx390 electric start that may find a place on this frame. Anyone ever do any swaps of that sort?

Not sure on my deck to engine belt routing. Had a good amount of rubber on the pto clutch when I was done.

Got a set of tri rib front tires a wheels that beg to be out on. Steering is plenty heavy, even with enough air in the tires to make them swell up like half the girls in town.

JimL

I am also curious how the snow plow mounts on the year of the tractor. Seems I don't see anything for the rod to mount to on the back of the tractor

Sparky

I am also curious how the snow plow mounts on the year of the tractor. Seems I don't see anything for the rod to mount to on the back of the tractor

You need a rear axle bracket. Its for plow and tiller mounting. They are on e-bay all the time and I'm sure one of our vendors such as Kelly has one for sale.

post-2-0-52208100-1400372307.jpg

Mike...........

JimL

I need to find one of those brackets, it is missing.

14118878867_e67f5ae731_o.jpg

14304837644_f6806e23b6_o.jpg

Here is how I rigged up the cub muffler.  Its fairly quiet…  

Been mowing with it.  Mows real nice, do they make mulching blades for the 48" deck?   Rod knock has not fixed itself :D

I think I am also missing a bit of linkage for the snow thrower.  

Not sure what yet… Ill get a pic of what I have. 

• Like 1

can whlvr

nicve tractor,you will need to use an engine riser plate,an engine pulley with a 1 inch bore,and alter the ehaust and air box,the lights are in the way on my 308

002-4-1.jpg

079.jpg

JimL

Well I think the ignition coil took a crap…  Time to stick the honda in I guess...

JimL

I got an axle bracket for the plow, does it go on the inside of the plow arms or the outside? My plow is worn on the outside of the bar that goes across the back but the bracket is too skinny to fit the outside.   Bracket came off a 310-8… If it needs widened, ill just cut the bar in the middle and extend.