stevasaurus

Push/Pull B-100

KC9KAS

Well that is just handy!

Does it connect to the mid & front attach-a-matic only?

squonk

Looks like it does!  :) Ka *****! Slick lookin boat too. Almost looks like the Pope - Mobile!  :bow-blue:

When I worked at an RV dealer we had a tow motor with a rig on the forks with a trailer ball to park those trailers in the tightest spots. Talk about handy

• Like 1

Lars

Nice Dino...

are you going to watch the paint dry on this to?????

stevasaurus

Yes, it does just attach with both attach-a-matics...pops right on and off...and yes I am going to watch the paint dry on it.  What color do you think I should paint it???  I am stuck between Black or Red.  :)

Sparky

Very handy device!!

Mike..........

squonk

Paint it bright yellow. That way  you'll see it and not blast your shins on it! :auto-ambulance:  You can call it "The Widow Maker"!  :banana-angel:

• Like 3

KC9KAS

Paint it bright yellow. That way  you'll see it and not blast your shins on it! :auto-ambulance:  You can call it "The Widow Maker"!  :banana-angel:

Better do something to protect those shins....Not much meat on a shin!

AMC RULES

Seems like that :wh: set up would make the perfect mascot for the IN-N-OUT burger chain.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

squonk

Seems like that :wh: set up would make the perfect mascot for the IN-N-OUT burger chain.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Or KFC's "Chicken Pot Pies!  :)

shorts

It's like any other trailer hitch, after you blast it with your shins once or twice you should remember it's there and steer clear. It's to low for yellow paint to do much good but a fiberglas pole with a flag on a magnet sitting out by the ball would be right in your sight path for a warning, Or maybe just release the front attachmatic and make it a tripping hazard

• Like 2

squonk

Steve doesn't need any more hazards. he has enough!  :)

Wheel-N-It

I like the hitch Steve! It looks very well made.

stevasaurus

It really does not stick out that much...about the same as the snow blade.  I painted it today...here are some more pictures.  Shorts really did a nice job on this...can't thank you enough Paul.  :)  I'll be taking the B-100 to AJ's next Saturday...sporting it's new hitches.  :)

2013_0513d0001_zps34bd2a7e.jpg

2013_0513d0002_zpsffb14b72.jpg

2013_0513d0003_zps789e0662.jpg

• Like 7

squonk

Receiver ball mounts don't stick out very much either!  :)  :confusion-seeingstars: What music were you listening to when you painted it?

• Like 1

shorts

That's just thrown together from a rusty old bed frame rail and scraps that were under the bench except for the 3/4 bar stock for the center attachmatic, I did load test @ 300 pounds at the ball and didn't end up on the floor next to a steel pretzel. 

It just crossed my mind that it also be used as a front weight carrier to counter balance heavy rear attachments by using a long bolt or ready rod to hold a stack of barbell plates. I suppose that I'll have to make another one for my horses.

It's been a few years but the last time I looked receiver tubes were north of $20. and a deal when you figure the time and material to locate 2" ID seamless tube and then cut it to length and drill the 21/64" hitch pin hole on the right place and then you need to buy the insert and ball on top of that, add another $20-30 bucks and you start to get spendy just to move a trailer in and out of the garage

Edited by shorts
  • Like 2

47JDG

That's a nifty idea. I like it.

Ed Kennell

Great idea.  Will the hitch fit any tractor with a front and mid attach-a-matic or  are the center to center distances different for different model tractors?

WNYPCRepair

Better do something to protect those shins....Not much meat on a shin!

My shins look like a saw blade when viewed from the side. I have dents all up and down my shins

That's just thrown together from a rusty old bed frame rail and scraps that were under the bench except for the 3/4 bar stock for the center attachmatic, I did load test @ 300 pounds at the ball and didn't end up on the floor next to a steel pretzel. 

It just crossed my mind that it also be used as a front weight carrier to counter balance heavy rear attachments by using a long bolt or ready rod to hold a stack of barbell plates. I suppose that I'll have to make another one for my horses.

It's been a few years but the last time I looked receiver tubes were north of $20. and a deal when you figure the time and material to locate 2" ID seamless tube and then cut it to length and drill the 21/64" hitch pin hole on the right place and then you need to buy the insert and ball on top of that, add another $20-30 bucks and you start to get spendy just to move a trailer in and out of the garage

I was just thinking today about hanging weights off the front for plowing, but I couldn't figure out how to keep it from drooping down. Never thought about attaching it to the mid mount. Thanks for the idea. I know where some of my son's weights are going!  :)

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

Ed, that hitch should fit any long frame horse...not sure about "D's".  :)

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
Thanks Steve,  I gotta make one of these front hitches.  With  my arthritic neck, I can't turn to see whats happening behind me.  I'm almost like that other Ed that hosted the talent show back in the day.    
     One more reason I like the front mount tiller...I don't have to see behind the tractor 
  I'll take some measurements on my tractors and try to make a hitch that will fit them all.   

stevasaurus

If you need any measurements, let me know Ed.  One thing is for sure...it is so easy to push a trailer anywhere you want, rather then try to back it up from the rear hitch.  You will love having one.  :)

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Thanks Steve,  The hitch is pretty far down the project list, but I will post a build thread when I get to it.    I gotta start working double shifts to get caught up.
Totally agree on the benefits of a front hitch.   I had one on my truck when I was towing a 35' travel trailer. Only way to wiggle the camper into those forested  campsites in the State Parks.
BTW, I now  have it on a permanent site  in  Delaware.

• Like 1

wh500special

Steve-O,

More pictures of the boat would be nice :)

Your post jogged my memory about seeing Wheel Horses at Clark Boat and Motor in East Alton, IL.  They had a couple of them with a similar hitch mounted to the front that they used daily to move boats around their lot and even back and forth out in the streets.

I recall dad taking our 1961 Mercury 6hp in for some kind of service one time.  As we were getting the motor out of the trunk of the car, a Clark employee was positioning a big boat into its spot with the Wheel Horse.  I know I recall seeing that the hitch moved up and down via the attachment lift because he was able to uncouple it without leaving the seat.  Slick.

I went to their website and found this: http://www.clarkboat.com/building/mvc0010s.jpg

I wonder if they still have their tractors.  They used them for a l-o-n-g time doing that same job you're doing.  Mom and dad got rid of their last Buick in 1990 to buy an Explorer, so it's been 25 years since we would have stashed a motor in a car trunk for transport.  If those same tractors are still on the same job they've do doubt driven thousands of miles towing and pushing boats.

Neat stuff.

And nice Alumacraft.  We still have the Merc' by the way.  Nice little motor.  Used it on a 12' Ouachita Semi-V.  Which we also still have.

Steve

• Like 2

PaulC

I like this I may very well build myself one! I made one for the rear that works great but backing up can be tricky. I made mine for moving my snowmobile trailer so when I first used it the blower was on the tractor so it did great with the 3 place trailer loaded with sleds. Well come the next spring I got a yard of mulch on that same trailer got home and hooked it up to the tractor and nearly did a wheelie when I went to take off because I didn't have the front weight of the blower like I was used to :o This front hitch would totally alleviate that.

Nice job @shorts and @stevasaurus:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1