FlashG

520H with a loader

FlashG

If it's not in violation of policies here on the forum, can anyone give me an idea of the going prices for a 1992 Wheelhorse 520H with a front end loader?

I am up in Maine, so if prices vary around the country I'd be interested in what they're going here in New England...

leeave96

I think a decent loader by itself might bring $1000, same for a 520H.

I got lucky and found an add on CL last year for a low hour 520H with Kwikway loader for an even swap for a log splitter.

Needless to say, I made the swap ASAP - and this tractor/loader was about 10 minutes from my house - LOL! That will never happen again.

BTW - my log splitter was 1 year old from TSC and I got it on sale.

Last weekend, I finally got around to replacing it with another new log splitter from TSC, identical to the one I had, but was able to get another $100 off. So in the end, I got the same log splitter I had, two years later, for $100 less than I paid at that time.

Here is a pic of the new log splitter - and sorry for taking this so far off topic!

post-6085-0-78047000-1399570469_thumb.jp

dennist

When I buy they are worth 1000-1500 and when I sell one they are worth 2000-2500(I know, but it is fact). There was just a 96' 520-H with KwikWay loader for 1750 obo on local CL that Rexman told me about and I called and said I was a buyer at 1000-1400 .....he said if he still had it in a week he would call me back, but it was gone within 2-days. It was a little rough looking to me, but I only saw in pics.

Welcome to RS...

Kelly

I bought one here in MI a 96 520 with 200 some hours on it with a very nice Kwick way loader, I drove 200 miles one way to get it for $1800 and $100 in gas, plus a full day on the road. I got a pretty good deal, they run in the $2000-2500 range

rexman72

maine is very high on prices along with taxes

• Like 2

boovuc

If the 520H is a 1991 or newer and in good shape with <1100 hours on it and the loader is a kwikway also in nice shape, I would say nothing less than 2 grand for the package with a high limit of 2500 bucks. If it's an Ark loader which is older, I would say 500 less. (1500 to 2 grand). These would be turnkey machines with nothing wrong with them and ready to go to work. I very low hour immaculate tractor/loader would command more of course.

It is very hard to really determine a price on a particular tractor period. If you really want one, you'll pay more for it. If it's close to you, you'll pay more for it. If you know it's history and it is a good history as in well maintained, you'll pay more for it. I found a loader for my 520 for < 500 dollars. It was an Ark Loader and old but it works well. Would I pass that savings onto to a potential buyer if I really wanted to sell my loader combo? Nope! There is a demand for sub-compact loader tractors. No matter how you look at it, they command a decent price tag.

FlashG

Thank you all for the rapid response to my questions.

I'm seriously considering letting my '92 520 go. It does have a Kwikway loader, although I never found anything that quick about actually dismounting it. I went ahead and bought a a second Toro, a '96 Wheelhorse 264[something] with a mower deck, to take care of the grass cutting.

Pristine?... meh... I probably wouldn't go that far, but it will start right up and is always ready to rock'n roll. It definitely could use some to TLC like a can of paste wax and a bottle of ArmorAll. But it has been stored inside every winter for the 10 years I've had it.

I have a bunch of other gear to go with the '92. There's a set of rear yard wheels and tires that have never been mounted, a weight bucket for the rear end, together with 200+ pounds of 10 pound steel bricks. It has its own mower deck that is probably a 40" or 42". I bought the deck used and then discovered how difficult it was going to be to get the loader off and on every time I wanted to mow the lawn. There's a set of chains, and a small plow blade that I never figured out where was supposed to attach. I also have a nice four-wheel, articulated front-end cart. It was made to be towed behind an ATV to get your meat out of the woods. All four tires on that need new tubes [maybe just stems], but the trailer itself hasn't been used probably more than eight or 10 hours. The treads are nearly pristine.

I want to unload everything, together with the 264 mower.

I am aging out and I need to re-grade to something like a decent, brand-new John Deere yard tractor with something like a 48 inch deck. All I really need to do anymore is take care of a couple of acres of yard and meadow mowing.

Once a year I'll tow an old bedspring with a few cinderblocks tied on top up and down the driveway to level out the spring and winter damage. That's about all these days.

You give me a reasonable hope that I could indeed unload the package of both tractors and the gear for somewhere around that $2500 level that I need/want, even if I have to sell the tractors separately and also separately sell the trailer.

[and thank you rexman, Maine it is indeed the home of high taxes and higher costs, but I'll be selling these cash on the barrelhead.... Might or might not mention it to the governor]

• Like 2

FlashG

Oh, and I finally remembered about the trailer... It's by Polaris, the folks to make the snow scoots.

It's either a 4 foot or 5 foot bed, and it's probably 3 feet wide, with 16 inch sidewalls and a slide-in tailgate.

It tows quite easily, but it's a bahstid to back it up.

FlashG

Here she is... Fired right up once I remembered to put gas in the tank. A little fusty, a little musty, a little dusty, but still pretty trusty...

TOROTOROTORO!

[edit-- I AM looking to get rid of her... I'll probably start on Craigslist here locally]
Edited by FlashG

rexman72

that's a nice looking tractor and I wouldn't ever think about giving the maine govt any more money lol

Sparky

[edit-- I AM looking to get rid of her... I'll probably start on Craigslist here locally]

Don't forget we have a classified section right here on Redsquare being browsed by nothing but guys who bleed red!

We do require you put a price on anything for sale.

Mike.............

FlashG

Thanks to all of you for your good counsel and good advice. I deeply appreciate it.

The 520 bucket loader has gone to a good home where will be more appreciated, and the buyer was kind enough to help me make sure that the 264 was in good running order...

Couldn't ask for more from people I've never met.

• Like 2

rexman72

that's what we are all about on here is helping one another that like the red stuff

dennist

FlashG, It was great meeting you and spending some time with you. I still cannot get over how great a barn you have, the history is amazing.....wish the black flies were not so hungry when I was there, so I could have really been able to look it over. Thanks again for the time, the tractor etc., I will be keeping the trailer for myself as a keeper.

• Like 1