papaglide

Cutting grass today

papaglide

I was out cutting grass today. I was almost done when the pto belt on the 522xi broke. I went to my trusty 416, took 7 minutes to get the deck, bring it to the tractor and mount it. Another 15 minutes and I was done cutting grass. I am test driving the xi for a while to see if I want to buy it. The classic style is so much easier to work on. I think that I know where this is heading. I think that they are going to fight!

post-2771-0-74923200-1399426905_thumb.jp

Edited by papaglide
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

I bet the xi taps out.   :angry-nono:

papaglide

Right on bro!

• Like 1

leeave96

I can't speak to the 5xi, but I've been working on some other color tractors this year and what a pain in the arse it has been at times - LOL!!!

One exception has been the Simplicity I've been tinkering with, which I posted on in the off brand section.

Without a doubt, the a Wheelhorse tractors are a pleasure to keep going.

• Like 1

PaulC

hey papaglide that 416 is in nice shape those hubcaps look flawless!!! imo I think it is a much nicer looking tractor the 3,4,500 series have always been my favorite. I am close to the finish line on my re paint of my 90 312H which im hoping will look as nice as your 416. keep your eyes peeled for a thread of it when I am finished.

• Like 1

papaglide

hi Paul! Thanks.I lucked out with that 416. She is in great shape. Just had a new Onan 20 horse put in her last summer. The xi is a nice tractor but I too think that the 3, 4, and 500's look nicer. :beer:

Joefrommi65

I also like the square look of the 416, not a fan of the round look of the tractors or automobiles of today's times.Must be the old school in me.

• Like 1