shallowwatersailor

Update on David Bradley

shallowwatersailor

Well, given the size of the tractor I figured it would take about a week to refresh. Now two weeks later (I did go back to work this past week,) I have finished the chassis using Rustoleum Safety Red and Fern Green. The hubs were rebuilt along with the ball clutch. I have only needed to replace two parts with the help of a member on a different forum. Where possible, I have substituted stainless steel bolts for a little pizzazz. Now on to the engine and carb, and then the hood. I am still undecided about getting new tires.

I am amazed at the heavy duty steel construction with only the drive pulley and two hub friction wheels cast from aluminum.

post-3066-0-13205500-1399244254_thumb.jppost-3066-0-46923500-1399244287_thumb.jppost-3066-0-56275100-1399244308_thumb.jppost-3066-0-58408300-1399244332_thumb.jp

• Like 5

squonk

The a Auction in Mansfield had a complete honkin DB there. First thing I thought of was you!

AMC RULES

Drop dead gorgeous DB resto so far John.    :handgestures-thumbsup:  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

ronwh

The black gas tank with the decal on the end really set it off. Sharp

Ron

rexman72

that looks like a cannon

bmsgaffer

I like the tires, id say put a little tire paint on them and that thing will be lookin' spiffy!

speedyleedy

That really look's good !!!!!!!! :)

jwl

Those friction hubs are part of a reversing system. About the mid fiftys tractors came reverse ready, which meant you got the double clutch pulley and the back half of the hubs. The other half was still a forwards only one and had to be changed with the kit you bought, that contain all the other reversing parts and controls. You have a nice start to a DB. For inspiring, heres a picture of one of mine.

post-11057-0-69446400-1399682259.jpg

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Work is progressing. The chassis is completed. I am waiting on fittings for the gas line, bought a straighter saddle to install, and started stripping the hood. I need to finish this so I can get back to my non-starting 520-H. Also just like WH tractors, I have a line on another DB. Ya' can't stop at ONE! :happy-jumpgreen:

post-3066-0-56316000-1401037313_thumb.jppost-3066-0-18992900-1401037330_thumb.jppost-3066-0-07828800-1401037355_thumb.jppost-3066-0-49577100-1401037373_thumb.jppost-3066-0-67983100-1401037389_thumb.jp When Allstate mean't more than insurance

• Like 3

shallowwatersailor

It runs again! Click on the picture for a video of it stationary. It turns out that the clutch was put together wrong when I got it, and the engine would barely run above an idle. It will now pull me down the road! Sorry about the fast transition using my left hand! The hood is finished but I need to "massage it" as the longer hood pin for extra clearance was never installed along with the optional reverser.

th_WP_20140601_0061_zps00a65fe5.jpg

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Man, John...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

that thing is soooo nice. 

shallowwatersailor

Here is a video "walking." It's hard to shoot and drive one handed. :)

th_WP_20140601_0071_zpsfe6842e3.jpg

squonk

First vd won't play right for me but the 2nd one did!  :thumbs:  do you have a sulky for it John?

AMC RULES

Other way around for me...

Photobucket be darned.  

squonk

Yeah, PB is a PITA

AMC RULES

A royal one at that.    :text-protest: