sharkman

Suburban Rear Hitch

sharkman

Does anyone know what this is for?  I bought a 550 and It was in the slot hitch.  I have notice a couple of tractor pictures with it.  Also had the top hitch bolted to the trans.  I read it is factory, but what was it used for?

Thanks, Rich

post-11462-0-07457100-1398973425_thumb.j

post-11462-0-47174100-1398973434_thumb.j

wallfish

It's factory. The deck uses the slot hitch to raise and lower.  The top bracket is used for a tow hitch while the deck is attached because the mower deck uses the regular slot hitch.

Edited by wallfish

sharkman

so, since the mower deck and the slot hitch go up and down at the same time, if you want to pull somethine you would use the yoke?? hitch?  (that makes since

What about the right angle piece?  here is another picture

post-11462-0-03359900-1398974088_thumb.j

wallfish

That angled piece looks like it's in the hitch upside down and looks just like the piece in the first pic you posted, the tractor with the deck.

1960 is the only year they made that type of deck which used the rear hitch to lift it.

If you don't have the deck, those pieces are not needed but someone out there may be looking for them to get their deck going

sharkman

I got it now, sure is different than the 1961 deck lift.  I do have the deck complete with the replaceable tip blades.  Looks like the only piece missing is the rod between the L bracket and the deck.

thanks for your help!

hcminis

Well....lol  That top pic is of my little 550.  Original mower deck setup

AMC RULES

Humm...so, how does the hitch on the rear raise the deck.   :eusa-think: 

Kelly

When you lift the rear hitch, it pulls back on the deck, the deck hangs on 4 straps of flat stock, and as you pull back it swings up, it does not raise very high

• Like 2