Cutlas3391

What Was My Wheel Horse Tractor Worth When It Was New?

RMCIII

They are durable and long lasting because they were build good. Good almost always equals more money.

You can buy a new John deere or Cub for under 2000 now with deck, 2 cyl engine etc. but do not expect it to be around in 20 or 30 years.

If all you do is mow a nice flat lawn then they might be all you need. If you want to blow snow, till a garden, plow your gravel lane, drag a non-running car into the shop then you will want a well built heavy duty machine.

Cleat 

Cleat, the Deere or Cub you refer to is not of the same line of GT's. Those are truly throw away mowers... Just becaue they do not last, the one's fron Lowes or Home Cheap-O, Deere and Cub are still cranking out quality GT's. You just have to go to a Deere or Case Impliment dealer to purchase 1. I was looking at a x595 the other day.... This is a used GT 2004 and the asking price is $9k... The "x" line of Deere is top notch... Drive on decks, quick release attachments.... And yes a steep price also. But then again so was Wheelhorse.

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 2

cleat

We have a high end cub at work (They used to have a 520 with the 2 stage blower but now I have it :)) and after 3 years it is now on it's second blower because the first one got so bent and twisted that we just replaced it. Blower is made of really light gage metal, seat pan and hinge assembly is plastic and has broken twice. Machine is shaft drive and where shaft connects to engine flywheel is a plastic coupler that has literally exploded.

I can go on about how corners were cut on this machine. Unit was purchased from a Cub dealer for over $12,000.00 with blower, wheel weights, and chains.

Plusses are hydro drive, shaft drive (supposedly), power steering, engine runs smoothly.

I do not expect this machine to be around in 20 years.

Cleat

• Like 3

Forest Road

I have sales receipt from my 1992 or 94 314h somewhere. Believe it was about $4k plus $900 for 42" RD AND $900 for single stage blower. I paid $1500 for it 3 years ago with the deck. It just turned 200 hours.

• Like 1

Red-Bovine

We purchased our 1992 520H with 48" side discharge mower deck in April, 1992 for $4699.95 (plus tax). This included 6 months interest free financing through Toro. Later we purchased a 44" two stage snowblower for $1425.00 (plus tax) in March of 1994. Set of chains was $69.00 and the two wheel weights were $100.00 for the set (nice phenolic covered ones from Toro that bolt in the wheels).

Red

groundhog47

What year are you looking for, believe have 69-74 and 76-80 tractor retail sheets. Wanted to post in manuals but figd no one would want them. I gave the 75 and 81 manual away. 

jdleach

If anyone has the info, I would be curious as to what a 312-8 cost in 1985. Also the price for a 2007  42" SD mower deck. 

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Here's a copy of the previous owners receipt for my 314 H. $4761 plus tax. This included a deck and blower. mybytesy.jpg

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

papaglide

$5047!!!??? I would pay that in a minute for that tractor with those attachments!

• Like 1

UncleBubs73

Was browsing some new mowers and they were guaranteeing the FRAME for 2 years! Give me a break. If they have to say something about the frame it will probably not be around in 10.

• Like 2

19richie66

I found all the paperwork for the 1056 tractor I have.It sold for $840.00 with the 42" deck back in 1966.One day I will get my real camera out again.

post-9187-0-22733200-1399209785_thumb.jp

post-9187-0-68811100-1399210206_thumb.jp

post-9187-0-09098100-1399210215_thumb.jp

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2

papaglide

It's pretty cool seeing the original receipts and paperwork! keep them coming. This is a very cool thread!

• Like 1

Philnc

The original owner of my 523 DXI paid $9221.99 for it on 4/4/2000. That included a 48" deck and sales tax.

• Like 2

Navig8r

I don't have the paperwork from my 416-H that I inherited from my grandfather, but he wrote all his expenses for his home in a notebook.... He logged $6000 for the Horse in April of 94... He bought it with the 42"SD, and the tiller.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Navig8r
  • Like 2

nappypappy

If I remember my 1985 416-8 was $3,000 with a 48 deck.....

gwest_ca

Here's a copy of the previous owners receipt for my 314 H. $4761 plus tax. This included a deck and blower. mybytesy.jpg

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk 2

Looks like a 42" reel mower. What was it?

Garry

bmsgaffer

Looks like a 42" reel mower. What was it?

Garry

After looking at that for a bit, i think it says "recl" for recycler maybe?

motor12

I enjoy looking at the prices of the old wheel horses from what seemed a slower paced world. I paid more for my RJ58 with a stuck trans and worn out motor than it cost new. I guess it costs a lot to visit the old neighborhood, but is well worth it. I'm glad you guys kept the old receipts .  

Edited by motor12
  • Like 1

squonk

Ezra's receipt from 1973

squonk

Ezra's receipt from 1973

(almost a double post! We had a misfire Capn'  :) )

post-2380-0-76456200-1424902734_thumb.jp

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

muz123

If anyone knows how much would my 1987 212-6  be worth with a plow and snowblower?

thanks,

dave