Kevbo

Mulching blades 42" RD

Kevbo

Hey everyone hope you all are enjoying your weekend! Does anyone know if I can get mulching blades for my 42" rear discharge deck? If so, what brand/part number would be the blades? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwest_ca

What is the part number of the blades you have now?

Garry

skrusins

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

I bought and received today gator blades for my 42" RD deck the Oregon no. is 96-303.

The Oregon site states the blades are 14 1/2" long with 3/4 in center hole.That was wrong.

The center hole is .705", it was no problem to open the hole to 3/4". I use a drum grinder on

a Dremmel and work great. As of today 4/27/2014 they work great.

Reddart
On 4/27/2014 at 9:07 PM, skrusins said:

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

I bought and received today gator blades for my 42" RD deck the Oregon no. is 96-303.

The Oregon site states the blades are 14 1/2" long with 3/4 in center hole.That was wrong.

The center hole is .705", it was no problem to open the hole to 3/4". I use a drum grinder on

a Dremmel and work great. As of today 4/27/2014 they work great.

This appears to be the only solution I could find from searching. There are slightly shorter blades with the 3/4” hole, but supposedly they may leave some uncut strips in your mowing path. 

This will be the inaugural task of my newly acquired 50’s craftsman drill press. 

gwest_ca

Toro and Stens on the same page. There are some more original numbers at the bottom you could use for searching for matches.

https://www.rcpw.com/search/?quest=106635

Garry