multihobbyguy

New toy to play in the dirt

multihobbyguy

I made a road trip today for a new toy today. I am not real excited about the tractor that it is on but i am excited about what is hanging off of it. It is a Kwik Way loader with a backhoe. It is on a Yardman 998 tractor made by MTD and is the same tractor as White 1855. It runs well and is actually a nicer tractor than I thought it would be. The backhoe and loader are in decent shape but the loader bucket is pretty bad off. I am playing with the idea of moving it to a 520 that I was putting together for the Ark loader on my C-160. I am a little worried about the size of the 520 vs the yardman. The yardman is physically larger and weighs in at over 900lbs I believe. Here is the required picture. :)

photo.jpg

• Like 7

AMC RULES

Looks like too much hoe for your :wh: 520...

but, the loader should work. Nice score as is too:handgestures-thumbsup:

bitten

Can you put it on your D180?

dennist

Nice set-up, never owned a Yardman, but I would if it came like that.

• Like 1

JC 1965

Nice haul, if I owned that setup I would be digging holes all over my yard.    :hide:

• Like 3

papaglide

I like it the way it is. The White 1855 is a badass tractor so I would think that your yard man is pretty tough as well. IMHO I would leave as is.

• Like 1

Digger 66

Nice haul, if I owned that setup I would be digging holes all over my yard.    :hide:

X - 2 ^  :banana-rock:

rexman72

very nice and you will love playing with that.

multihobbyguy

Can you put it on your D180?

I probably could but the D is not my favorite tractor. If it didn't have the 3 point and tiller I would probably get rid of it. It takes quite a bit to drive the D around the yard(wide turning radius).

Looks like too much hoe for your :wh: 520...

but, the loader should work. Nice score as is too:handgestures-thumbsup:

I think you are correct.

Nice set-up, never owned a Yardman, but I would if it came like that.

It is a nice tractor but it is just so ugly.

Yea, I started digging up the yard. I have small stumps 1-2" in my yard that I was pulling. Unfortunately when I went to digging I found 4-6" roots right at the surface of the yard. We are getting ready to grade the yard and plant new grass but all the roots may make that a much bigger chore than we had anticipated. We had around 60-70 trees taken out 3-4 years ago to make a yard for the dogs.

I like it the way it is. The White 1855 is a badass tractor so I would think that your yard man is pretty tough as well. IMHO I would leave as is.

I am going to leave it for the time being and see how it goes. I do like the White 1855. There is a picture on Kwik Ways web site under the downloads and it does look bad ass.

very nice and you will love playing with that.

Thanks, it is fun. When I get into clean dirt it just digs and digs.

RMCIII

Not sure what would be worse...... A lab, or someone with a new backhoe! :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1

multihobbyguy

Not sure what would be worse...... A lab, or someone with a new backhoe! :laughing-rofl:

My golden is loving it. She now has a ton of sticks/roots that are hanging out of the ground or around the holes in the back yard.

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Thats sweet! I had a set up like that on a JD 400 years ago. I probably should have kept it...................

• Like 1

multihobbyguy

Thats sweet! I had a set up like that on a JD 400 years ago. I probably should have kept it...................

Thanks, I wish it was on a JD400 or something cooler than a Yardmachine.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Thats OK, Id be really happy to have the Yard Machine. :)

elliot ness

Great find. Looks like a tuff machine!

19richie66

Paint it red.