KC9KAS

WoooHoooo My New Tire Changer

KC9KAS

As promised, I have some photos of my new tire changer in action....Actually still shots as I couldn't video and work on the tire at the same time.

1st let me say I have been looking for a changer for some time, but wanted something with the 3 jaws like this one has. I did have a little trouble keeping the wheel solid and not rotate when I removed the tire.

I was afraid to really crank down on the clamping mechanism as I didn't want to bend the wheel or break the thing the very 1st tire.

I used a vise grip on the wheel solid against one of the jaws and that kept the wheel from spinning.

Any way, this was probably the easiest tire I have ever broke down, and removed, then remounted. I am sure it will get easier as I use it and also mount it on something a little more solid.

Enough rambling, so here are the pictures!

20140424_165805_zpsagfpn1sq.jpg

20140424_165121_zpsw88aalue.jpg

20140424_164455_zpslndmwvf5.jpg

20140424_164311_zpsu7ungge3.jpg

Edited by KC9KAS

pacer

Keeping the tire/rim from spinning is the weak point on the HF version - at least to me, but Ive always had pretty good luck just using spoons/hammer to remove the tire. My problem was always just getting the bead broke and the HF unit does that real well.

I mounted mine on a common pallet/skid really thinking I'd have to get something sturdier, but I think Im just gonna leave it,works pretty good.

That is a nice looking tool....

KC9KAS

I'm thinking I might mount this on a 2 x 10 maybe 6' long. Drive my truck onto the board to hold it in place.

rexman72

great pics thanks for sharing

neil

Thats cool . ilke it alot

JC 1965

Is that a harbor freight tire changer ? It looks different than the ones I've seen.

KC9KAS

No, it is not a HF item.

It came from Greg Smith Equipment in Indianapolis Indiana. They have stores in 5-6 other states/cities.