HokieAg07

Todays Craigslist Steal

HokieAg07

Saw this C-195 on Craigslist last night about 10PM, met the guy this morning at 630 to claim it!!!! Went to pick it up this afternoon and was told the phone had been ringing off the hook all day with angry guys.  :)  Was quite the find and steal, that is for sure, especially for this area. 

'83 with 2000 hours on the clock, in real good shape, one small crack in fender pan. Needs a carb cleaning and a good service and it will be ready to work. 

Where would the model/serial tag be on this tractor, I am used to 4 and 5 series tractors? Want to make sure it is an 83. 

The drive clutch handle rattles like crazy while engaged, I havent looked yet, is there something that I can tighten up? 

I am used to Onan's, anything crazy to know about the KT19? I know they, like Onans, have their issues!

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

• Like 4

chevyaddict83

Nice score!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

rexman72

looks like a nice tractor

chip61

The one day in months I don't check Craigslist!!!

You did good!

HokieAg07

The one day in months I don't check Craigslist!!!

You did good!

For me, it happened to be the first time Ive checked Craigslist in a week! Seller got it as payment for a job he did for an older gentleman back behind Wal Mart on 360! Never know where these things are sitting do we?

multihobbyguy

So did you trade or did you pay for it? I saw the add and he had a price which seemed really low but was wanting to trade. It looks like you really scored if you got it for the price he posted on c'list, congrats!

chip61

So it was about 5 miles from my house!! LOL  Is that deck as nice as it looks??

JackC

That is a beauty. You are now the proud owner of the coveted "Super C".

The KT Series I engines are nice running engines but they do have the low pressure lubrication system that does not adequately lubricate the engine on inclines.

If the oil was changed regularly you could get another 1,000 hours or more out it but a compression check and valve adjustment check would be on my top priorities list.

If the engine needed to be overhauled there are lots of new or good used parts available and lots of parts are interchangeable with other KT Series I and II engines.

dennist

Nice tractor..

HokieAg07

So did you trade or did you pay for it? I saw the add and he had a price which seemed really low but was wanting to trade. It looks like you really scored if you got it for the price he posted on c'list, congrats!

Paid cash, less than his asking price, say about 20% less!!!

So it was about 5 miles from my house!! LOL  Is that deck as nice as it looks??

Deck is nice, one crack that has been welded on the rear of it. 

buckrancher

ID tag is below the dash

AMC RULES

Congratulations...

nice  :wh: score there. 

stevebo

There is a guy reproducing the fender pans. I got one and the quality was good. Nice score

DoctorHfuhruhurr

:woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:

HokieAg07

There is a guy reproducing the fender pans. I got one and the quality was good. Nice score

Same guy that has been doing it for several years? How much are those running these days?

KC9KAS

Very nice looking GT. Thanks for the photos!

Tankman

Very nice pickup! Be sure to let all know, "How was your first ride?"

We need to know!  :laughing-rofl:

RMCIII

He's fading, he's fading, He Shoots, He Scores!!!!! :woohoo:

limited12

Nice find Chris.

You didn't need to call me a 7:00 am yesterday morning to rub it in. Lol

Can't to come by to see it

mattd860

Saw this C-195 on Craigslist last night about 10PM, met the guy this morning at 630 to claim it!!!! Went to pick it up this afternoon and was told the phone had been ringing off the hook all day with angry guys.  :)  Was quite the find and steal, that is for sure, especially for this area. 

'83 with 2000 hours on the clock, in real good shape, one small crack in fender pan. Needs a carb cleaning and a good service and it will be ready to work. 

Where would the model/serial tag be on this tractor, I am used to 4 and 5 series tractors? Want to make sure it is an 83. 

The drive clutch handle rattles like crazy while engaged, I havent looked yet, is there something that I can tighten up? 

I am used to Onan's, anything crazy to know about the KT19? I know they, like Onans, have their issues!

Beautiful Machine!!! If you don't mind me asking - what was it selling for??? FYI - my foot pedal kits fit that tractor :) sold them to many c-195 owners. 

• Like 1

papaglide

Really nice tractor! Good find!

HokieAg07

Pulled it in the garage tonight to work on it, yesterday half choke required for smooth running. After all new fuel lines, new fuel, rebuilt carb, tune up and oils changed, the tractor runs like a top!

970022_10102468855884873_827689566588651