JackC

New front hitch receiver available to add versatility to our horses.

JackC

I am posting this here because I believe this has general interest. My wheel horse collection has grown to the point where I either needed to put up a building to store them or find another solution. Putting up a building is a permanent solution and would increase my real estate taxes.  Instead, I decided to purchase large enclosed dual axle all aluminum snow mobile trailers with drive in drive out ramps on the front and back to store my collection.  No building site work or permits needed, no increase in real estate tax, and if my therapist can somehow convince me, or my heirs, to reduce my collection, the trailers can be sold.  The trailers can also be locked and they look good compared to other storage options and they are less expensive than some of the similar sized storage sheds I have looked at, and, they can be easily moved. I also have plenty of property in order to put them out of sight if I choose to do that.

Due to the above and other reasons, I now have a number of trailers of different sizes and tongue heights to move around my properties.  Some have high tongues and some have low tongues. Thanks to other members who make some great hitches for us, we have several options to mount hitches or receivers on the backs of our tractors but not as many options for the front of our tractors.  I was looking for a 2 x 2 receiver for the front of one of my tractors.  One of our members, wildcruiser, makes front hitches (see one of his hitches at eBay auction 141257584969). I consulted with widcruiser to see if he had or could make up a front hitch with a 2 x 2 receiver.  He came up with a hitch for me that works perfectly for my needs and he will be offering them through his eBay store and at the show in June.

I could not upload all the pictures that I wanted to show so here are three to illustrate the new hitch from wildcruiser.  One of the pictures that I could not upload shows a very tall 9 inch hitch for my larger trailers.   I intend to use the hitch to move empty trailers around which should be well within the load limits of the hitch and the front tachmatic. Some load testing may be needed to advise as to the limits for its use.  For example, you may not want to try to use it to winch your truck out of a ditch or use it to pull a tree down using the front of your tractor.  The hitch is perfect for my needs and my thanks go out to wildcruiser for making it up for me and offering it to others.

post-4541-0-88596600-1398125163_thumb.jp

post-4541-0-14773400-1398125175_thumb.jp

post-4541-0-37845200-1398125185_thumb.jp

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Made in the USA too...very nice.    :USA:

Ed Kennell

Cool........much easier to jockey those trailers into position with a front mount pusher.

KC9KAS

Great idea!

You will need to number the trailers then make and keep a list of what is stored in each trailer...Otherwise, you will have to open each trailer when you are looking for one particular item! :teasing-poke:

rexman72

very nice