PaulC

1987 312A pricing

PaulC

Hey guys just wanted to get some opinions on pricing for a 312A. I have 2 very similar setups and picked up a second snowmobile this past winter and I need my garage space so unfortunately one of my tractors has to go. its a bit sad as ive grown very fond of these tractors but it doesn't really get used so I hope to find it a good new home.

Tractor is a 1987 312A with manual lift. Has over 1100 hrs on it so the engine does smoke and burn oil but it starts and runs very good and everything works. I will be selling it with a 42" side discharge deck with no rot holes and a 36" blower attachment with side wings. The tractor itself could use a paint job and the 2 attachments really need paint. Everything works as it should and every belt for the tractor and the attachments are in great shape or new. I live just outside of Buffalo New York and my thoughts are wanting $750 for the whole setup? I am going to take pics to make my craigslist add tonight so I will post them to this thread soon as I know that will help you guys help me.

My other setup is a 1990 312H with 42" rear discharge and the same blower. I am cleaning up and repainting all the stuff I will be keeping and plan to make a thread for it when I am finished. Of course it will have pictures!!

Thanks Paul

rexman72

opinions are going to very depending on where people are located.In maine I would say 300 to 500 for that setup.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Pictures will help with value. For me anyway. A lot of hours.

Glenn

PaulC

thanks for the replies

if 3-500 is all I would find a way to keep it

and im sorry for being unprepared and not having pictures. my dad had the side discharge deck that I needed before I could be ready to sell which I unexpectedly got from him yesterday. so I just wanted to get the ball rolling as I want to place my ad soon.

bmsgaffer

I would have to agree with Rex and Glenn.

No matter what the condition and accessories, you are still looking at rebuilding a smoking engine which will be $4-600 if the person finds a reasonable shop. With that many hours there is probably decent wear on the rest of the machine, as you said: needs paint.

Even for a restorer/WH lover it has the less desirable (and durable) Eaton 700 rear end and only 12HP (which is plenty for those that have it, but when you are selling to the general public the HP numbers are artificially important)

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 1

PaulC

ok guys here are the pics I promised. I appreciate all the feedback. The tractor actually has 1172 hrs on it.

the blower is on my 312H

post-8772-0-52884000-1398165727_thumb.jp

post-8772-0-78057500-1398165835_thumb.jp

post-8772-0-04838300-1398165867_thumb.jp

post-8772-0-29441700-1398165949_thumb.jp

post-8772-0-98197700-1398165965_thumb.jp

post-8772-0-01880500-1398165993_thumb.jp

Edited by PaulC

PaulC

Link removed as per forum rules. (No links to craigslist or eBay)

The link to my craigslist ad