dandan111

314-8 seat

dandan111

Is there a replacement seat I can get that will take my seat switch? Any links to a thread to help would be great. I have the seat with the long springs on the back. Think my tractor is a 1997. I have seen several toro seats on e-bay but I don't know what I need.

dandan111

13938953903_96479e9489.jpg

image by Fad46962@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Edited by dandan111

doc724

I just went through this.  I probably spent 3 hrs searching every site and there is NO seat that has that odd ball bolt pattern.  My final solution was to get a seat that had a seat switch in it and I made two adapters from 1/4 inch thick by 1.5 inch steel bar stock.  Drill and tap the adapters to fit up with the hole patterns on the existing seat mount and drill clearance holes in the the adapters to fit the new seat bolt pattern.  Use the little plastic washers from the old seat to allow the bolt heads on the adapters clear the seat mount.  If this does not make sense, send me a PM and I will take a few pix for you tomorrow.  The only other  way is to get an older style seat mount and there are dozens of seats which fit that bolt pattern.

• Like 1

dandan111

I would rather not over ride my seat switch.

• Like 1

Mower Man

Did anyone find a replacement Seat?  I don't care if the seat switch is there or not.  The bolt pattern is 6" wide and 8" deep.

92-6511 is the Toro Part number.  The Michigan Seat Company in Jackson, MI made the seats for Toro.  

953 nut

I had the same problem, found a seat that had the cut out slot for the seat switch but the nuts weren't in the correct place. I used four #14 sheet metal screws and lock washers to mount it and all is good.

Tankman
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:57 AM, Mower Man said:

Did anyone find a replacement Seat?  I don't care if the seat switch is there or not.  The bolt pattern is 6" wide and 8" deep.

92-6511 is the Toro Part number.  The Michigan Seat Company in Jackson, MI made the seats for Toro.  

Tractor Supply has numerous steel pan seats on the shelf, reasonably priced.

I used quite a few. Bolt patterns are universal, several patterns on each seat. Press nuts fitted, bolt on and you're all set to ride 'em cowboy.

"This seat features a standard 5/16" thread for the mounting holes, and multiple mounting patterns: 6in. x 5in., 7.5in. x 3in., 7.5in. x 7in., 8.2in. x 5in., 8.5in. x 1.63in., 11.25in. x 11in."

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/black-talon-deluxe-high-back-steel-pan-seat?cm_vc=-10005

Lawn_Ranger.jpg.eff7fa159d26a3c01fcbf24718fbddf8.jpg

Edited by Tankman

TDF5G
On 4/19/2014 at 6:24 PM, doc724 said:

I just went through this.  I probably spent 3 hrs searching every site and there is NO seat that has that odd ball bolt pattern.  My final solution was to get a seat that had a seat switch in it and I made two adapters from 1/4 inch thick by 1.5 inch steel bar stock.  Drill and tap the adapters to fit up with the hole patterns on the existing seat mount and drill clearance holes in the the adapters to fit the new seat bolt pattern.  Use the little plastic washers from the old seat to allow the bolt heads on the adapters clear the seat mount.  If this does not make sense, send me a PM and I will take a few pix for you tomorrow.  The only other  way is to get an older style seat mount and there are dozens of seats which fit that bolt pattern.

I went through this about a year ago also, trying to track down a seat for my Dad's 314-8.  I could not find a seat with the bolt pattern.  We lucked out when a used one popped up on ebay so I grabbed it.  

• Like 1