posifour11

well, it finally happened to me...

posifour11

My 310-8 is my trailer puller/ goat chaser ( although the PO was building it as a puller). I was backing up to my trailer and shifted into low range. Suddenly, I had no movement in low or high range. I've been leery of this trans since I bought the tractor because of it's intended use.

I s'pose, I'm due for a teardown and rebuild. Luckily, I have a parts tractor to pull a good trans from. Wish me luck!

Edited because of stupid phone/ grammar.

Edited by posifour11

rexman72

sorry to hear about that and keep us posted.

posifour11

sorry to hear about that and keep us posted.

Thanks,

I think I have a couple of parts tractors with eight speeds, so I hope to swap out one to keep things going.

rexman72

your ahead of the game if you have parts around the house

AMC RULES

Always pays to have back up for your back up.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

It sounds like you may have damaged the hi/low shifting fork...if so...it is a tear down to fix.  Does it feel like the hi/low shifter is not working properly??  Racinfool40 probably has the part when you get to open it up.  :bow-blue:

posifour11

Update - I'm a big ole dummy.... I went out and pulled the tarp off my poor horsey. I was about to push it down to the barn and shoot it. Then I noticed something hanging down. My blankety-blank belt came off. The cheapest fix I've ever had. Still embarrassing to think of all the time I dreaded going out to look at it. Go ahead, laugh! I did.

• Like 3

Coadster32

Update - I'm a big ole dummy.... I went out and pulled the tarp off my poor horsey. I was about to push it down to the barn and shoot it. Then I noticed something hanging down. My blankety-blank belt came off. The cheapest fix I've ever had. Still embarrassing to think of all the time I dreaded going out to look at it. Go ahead, laugh! I did.

No laugh from me....but was going to ask about the axle key. Easy fixes are good, no matter the embarrassment. :handgestures-thumbupright:

JC 1965

Great news, I think that has happened to lots of us over the years.    :eusa-whistle:

stevasaurus

Yep...me too...been there done that.  :)

Fun Engineer

Always pays to have back up for your back up. :handgestures-thumbsup:

That's what I keep explaining to Mrs Funengineer.

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2