Sign in to follow this  
Vinylguy

Dash Template

Vinylguy

Can anyone tell me more about this template and verify my dimensions? what tractors would they have used this on.

Thanks

Vinylguy

Terry@redoyourhorse.com

dashdecaltemplate.jpg

pond195520032003

Terry, i believe these were used from 62-64 starting with the 502,552,702,653,633,753,654,704,854 :banghead: i might be off :thumbs: but someone will correct it :omg: on the deminsions you will have to ask someone else about that :USA:

Vinylguy

Thanks Pond

I will take a look in the picture gallery for those models .

CasualObserver

Scratch the 654 out of that list... it used the full hood over the gas tank, not around it.

DMESS

Used on the following: 32R, 32E, 502, 552, 702, 33R, 33E, 633, 653 and 753. :banghead:

nylyon

Terry, sorry to take this off-track, but I love your new website and I have signed up for the mailing list! Thank you!

Karl

linen beige

Used on the following: 32R, 32E, 502, 552, 702, 33R, 33E, 633, 653 and 753. :banghead:

It will also fit the 854 and 754, but is not technically "correct".

Vinylguy

Thanks guys for the info.

Once I know for sure the measurements are correct I plan to be able to offer a more complete kit for those models. Your knowledge is very helpful.

Nylon Thanks for the kind words. I will be sending product updates via constant contact from time to time to keep members and customers up to date.

Also for any forum members who need a kit from the website they can type a discount code in during checkout and receive a 10% discount on their entire purchase.

The code is (saveahorse)

I am going to add a link to the forum on the home page also

Jim_M

Terry,

I was just getting ready to ask you about making a dash decal! When you get the 633 kits done, I want one.

Thanks,

Jim

JimD

hi terry, i just went out and measured the dash decal on my 753. it's 7 1/4 across the top, 7 3/4 across the bottom, and 3 3/16 high, hope this helps. i don't know if your measurements fit another group of models maybe? jim

DMESS

hi terry, i just went out and measured the dash decal on my 753. it's 7 1/4 across the top, 7 3/4 across the bottom, and 3 3/16 high, hope this helps. i don't know if your measurements fit another group of models maybe? jim

The measurement would apply to the 754/854 decal as well. It is the same size, but a different design printed on a brushed aluminum style background.

DSC05143.jpg

Vinylguy

I am hoping to get a roll of brushed aluminum that is solvent ink receptive

and has a 5 year outdoor durability rating. I have some experimenting to do

once I get the artwork and sizing correct. There are a number of decals that were apparently used on the brushed aluminum that guys have asked about in the past.

If anyone has a decal they can scan at 100 dpi and email it would help

Thanks for all your help.

Kelly

Terry I have a decal that I bought at the WH show from Ed, but it won't stick to anything, I could send you the decal, I can put it on some wax paper, it's a nice decal just won't stick, I'd buy one from you to replace mine.

Sarge

Not trying to add the confusion, but do you plan to offer later model dash art ? For example- my 876 and 1277??

Love that pic !!

Sarge

Vinylguy

I plan to learn much more about the different decals you all need to complete your tractors but it takes so much time to come up with some of them.

sending pictures of the decals you need or directing me to a picture allready posted helps. To answer your question. Yes I will be working all winter on adding the older stuff too. Thanks for helping with info and pics.

Sarge

Appreciate your help and dedication !!!

The really tricky ones on these models are those lovely woodgrain-backed hood decals , looks to be 3-piece maybe?

Sarge

combatmp29r

The good thing about those Sarge is Terry has already mastered the wood grain hood decals. I know he made Eldon a set and offers the Electro 12 ones on his site. :banana:

Sarge

Oh, that's great ...

Now, I have to finish the shed , finish disassembling the 876 , blast/weld/clean/prime/paint it and finish the upgrades for late-model attach's and get the K181 rebuilt/running . This is over halfway through September , winter is on it's way here quickly...

Sarge

Vinylguy

Sarge

Can you send a picture of your old side hood decal taken from a straight on perspective so I can confirm and replicate the lettering style on them.

I do have the woodgrain background printing pretty nice. You cant imagine how many test prints we ran to get an acceptable wood grain. Eldon sent me an original he had taken off to work from. Thanks Eldon! The template should be the same for the

876 as the electro. I have been wanting to get the other series of tractors that used wood grain completed to list and this seems like as good a time as any as the winter

rebuild season is upon us.

Rod(NASNUT)

Sarge

Can you send a picture of your old side hood decal taken from a straight on perspective so I can confirm and replicate the lettering style on them.

I do have the woodgrain background printing pretty nice. You cant imagine how many test prints we ran to get an acceptable wood grain. Eldon sent me an original he had taken off to work from. Thanks Eldon! The template should be the same for the

876 as the electro. I have been wanting to get the other series of tractors that used wood grain completed to list and this seems like as good a time as any as the winter

rebuild season is upon us.

Would the one on my Charger 9 work they are in good shape :banghead:

Sarge

Well, I just happen to have a pic from Perry here on the board, his 1277 is unrestored and beautiful !!! If he doesn't mind...

Sarge

perry

should be the same as Eldons 1077 woodgrain decal . just with the 1277 on it. let me know if you need more info - better pic, size.

1277004-1.jpg

bitten

Hey Terry

Great work..As I read I got excited about the wood grain. I have a 69' GT14 and it has the woodgrain in it and will need to be replaced. Do you plan on doing these? I am in no big hurry as I have lots to do before I would need them. I did get a set of 310-8 decals from you and they look great. Thanks...P.J.

Vinylguy

Very close to getting the wood grain decals ready. They need to be just a bit darker.

running a second test now and will post pics soon. How many models used these? 1077, 1277 and so on at this size? Thanks again for all your help.

Vinylguy

Perry

Did the 1077 use the brushed aluminum dash decal?

1077WOODGRAINDECAL.jpg