Sign in to follow this  
whchris

what elis ya got

whchris

asides from wheel horses what else do you guys have?

i have a 1980 power king 2418, a 1961 cub cadet original 6 speed with the 7hp engine a cub cadet 128 dead but i got 2 blocks for it a gravely L and some other gizmo that im still trying to figure out if its an extremely good homemade thing or some off brand and an agway hydro 16

:D

Attached Image

post-11-1177035815.jpg

Sparky

Well, I have a 2001 Craftsman GT3000 with a 20hp Kohler V-Twin and the auto tranny. It has a 46" deck and a triple bagger thats great for pickin up leaves in the fall. I only mow and bag grass/leaves with it tho as I dont think it could handle the abuse that my Wheel Horses can take. It is Sears "BIG" tractor with 23x9.50x12 rear tires and all that, but the frame is still a stamped steel thats not nearly as tough as the Wheel Horse frame. I know that Craftsman tractors dont git any respect in the world of garden tractor collectors but it has given me 6 trouble free years and is very comfy to ride on for a few hours at a clip.

My other non Wheel Horse is a 1969 Massey Ferguson (MF-10). It has an HH100 10hp Tecumseh engine that runs real nice(hard to believe right) and a 4 speed gear box with a variator. This one only has a deck but I dont mow often with it as its real nice and original and could be shown at tractor shows with a quick wax job. Last summer it threw the drive belt off the tranny and the big one off the variator so I think a pair of new belts are in order. What a major pain-in-the-you know-what :D to git em back in place.

Mike

nylyon

No other tractors... Just these....

AllCars.JPG

Sparky

So does the lil' red sports car tow the camper allright :D? Do ya find yerself constantly shiftin gears or does it have a low range?

Mike.....who obviously dont have a sports car.

nylyon

Heck, haven't you ever seen "Smokey and the Bandit"? When we pull the trailer, I tow it with the Hemi Durango at about 90 MPH. My wife drives the little Nissan to draw out the cops so I can git to campin all the faster!

whchris

im sorry you got dodges nylon, mike i know what you mean about the craftsmans as you know i like them for mowing they do a good job, but i also put a few of them through my is it worthy test which is why im always looking for a transaxe. they hold up fine frame wise and the front ends stays good if you keep them greased, but if they put a cast iron rear in them id be happy havent figured a way to get a wh 8 speed in one yet :D

Sparky

Actually my Craftsman GT has the cast iron front axle.

Mike

Sparky

Dont be so quick to slam a Dodge with a Hemi Chris. A buddy I work with has a Dodge pickup with the Hemi and I wouldnt want to try to outrun or out tow his truck. My "02" GMC has the Z-71 package with the 5.3 liter motor and 373 rear gears and can really move out but not like the Dodge Hemi. My buddy and I joked about drag racin em( wont happen), then I took a ride in his truck and felt the power. I dont challenge him anymore.

Mike...very humble now <_>

nylyon

And this Dodge has a Hemi and 3.92 gears. The little red car is a 300ZX Turbo, and the Durango is a LOT quicker off the line. Of course should a turn in the road come......

whchris

but heres my main problem with dodge the transmission the engines have good power but its sorta like the craftsmans just keep putting new trannys in them my brother in law has a hemi nice truck at 92k its on new tranny #3.5 (three new ones and a rebuild) its kinda like fords 99-06 autos that blow at 30,000 pretty much on the mark