rmm727

C-160 Automatic

rmm727

Just picked this up yesterday from a relative.  2nd owner tractor with 1359 hours.  I always liked the Suburban 400 tractors and last year I finally got a Suburban 550? and a RJ58/59.  This year I got this.  I see a trend.  Anyways, its a real nice tractor.

20140413_095720_zps3800d281.jpg

20140413_095914_zps476c8568.jpg

20140413_100047_zps52683b3f.jpg

Edited by rmm727
  • Like 5

AMC RULES

Awesome score...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

one of the  :wh: holy grail tractors. 

• Like 1

chip61

Nice!! Looks well cared for.

rmm727

Original owner was an old man that died.  2nd owner was an old man (lol, my wife's uncle)

I want to build one of those hitches Smoreau makes if they would fit this tractor.

Sidenote.  Would a moderator edit the thread title so it doesn't have the typo?

papaglide

Real sweet looking tractor. Good job!

Sparky

Sidenote.  Would a moderator edit the thread title so it doesn't have the typo?

Typo is gone :eusa-whistle:  .

Real nice machine. Love those matching front and rear wheel weights!

Mike..........

rmm727

Thanks for the comments guys.  All I did today was drive it around.  Ended up taking off the plow but not before I tried it out in the garden.  Found the parking brake lever is messed up.  Parked it on a hill and then couldn't release it.  Had to take the guard off to disengage it.  Seems the lever has a hole for the idler pulley bolt to go thru and it cracked so the lever is bending.  Gonna have to take that off and cnc plasma a new one.

Edited by rmm727

leeave96

Nice looking tractor. Like the seat arm tests too!

Shawn Harrington

Jealous with Envy!  Love the 160!  That is on the wish list to acquire!  congrats!

KC9KAS

Very nice looking tractor. As others have said....Looks to be in very good condition.

Thank you for the photos!

can whlvr

really nice machine,and yes a 2inch receiver will fit on that tractor

rmm727

Any one have any pictures as to where/how that hitch hooks to the lift cylinder/mechanism?

Irv

Really nice original tractor! I have the same one but would need a lot of work to look that good. I think I'm going to sell it, too much else going on.

Wheel-N-It

You did real good. Thats one's definetly a keeper!            Unless you want to give it to me :greetings-wavingyellow:

rmm727

Can someone post up a link to the service manual/parts lists?  I'm having a hard time finding them in the manuals section.

Tankman

Now that's a nice Stallion!

Definately well cared for, lucky you!

Thanks for sharing!   :)

gwest_ca

Can someone post up a link to the service manual/parts lists?  I'm having a hard time finding them in the manuals section.

Can see the ID plate above the lift valve in the 1st picture. Post the model and serial number off the plate.

Suspect you have a 1974 model 1-0480 or 1975 model 1-0481. Go into the manuals and do a search using those model numbers. The manuals for both are there.

Garry

rmm727

I spent some time navigating through the manuals section.  I think I found all that I need in there once I realized how it was arranged.  Lots of good info in there. I found the correct sleeve hitch file so I can make one of those.  Its pretty cool that the tractor has the conduit for the steel cable already.   Found that "Johnny Bucket" attachment.  Wish I had more time or I would burn one of those on the plasma table.  Maybe next year.

Keith

Looks like a good tractor!  I got a C-160 Auto a few days ago that I would like to restore.  The K341 has a broken rod from running low on oil. The paperwork that came with the tractor indicates that the motor was rebuilt once.  The tractor came with manuals and service receipts in a folder. The C-160 is a benchmark tractor that represents years of improvement of the same basic design.   IMO, any of the newer belt drive models is just a refinement of the C-160.   

Joefrommi65

Very nice ride !!!!!!

artfull dodger

Beautifull C160 Auto, I also just picked up the same basic tractor, just not as pretty in the cosmetics department.  Got a blade and 48sd mower deck with mine.  She runs well but lacks the shiny paint job.  Havent totaly decided if I will keep the C160 or my larger Yanmar GT14 diesel gt, but one has to go according to my wife.  Other than the refinements that led up to the C160 Auto, what else makes it a "holy grail" of Wheelhorses?   I hope to get pics up soon of mine.   Congrats on scoring a lovely tractor.