6.0 powerstroke

what did you do for your horse today?

woodchuckfarmer

Nice horses...Wayne

19richie66

On the two seater I'm building, I stretched the frame 11" and got the motor mounted. Waiting for my drop axle from Kelly and get it sitting in the weeds.

Edited by 19richie66

AMC RULES

Finally tagged the back of my C-175's steel replacement fender today...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

used another one of those 30 year old NOS decals that many say "just won't work". 

post-3498-0-20930600-1398029477_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-33517400-1398029511_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-53141800-1398029526_thumb.jp

• Like 4

AMC RULES

The mighty C-175, and my 603 Special...

parked in close proximity today...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

with hopes they'll soon reproduce. 

post-3498-0-61903600-1398033530_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-20518700-1398033555_thumb.jp

wfrpalm

I got it going for the first time I've owned it. It was fun.

farmerall

I moved my old B111 out of the shed and covered it with a tarp to make room for others. Not the best thing to do but I haven't used it in years and I needed the room.

dropdown34

Fixed the PTO on my D200.

rexman72

gave her fresh new oil and put the deck on and ready for the grass

AMC RULES

Ummm...I bathed her with some fresh new oil today.   :) 

AMC RULES

I bathed her with some fresh new oil today.   :) 

post-3498-0-94230100-1398645126_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-97536500-1398645154_thumb.jp

• Like 4

boovuc

Both my Onan machines received new Autolite plugs, new fuel filters, blown out air filters and pre-screens, blown out engine housings and new oil and NAPA oil filters today. Both also got some new grease in the "zerks". The 520 got a brandy-new battery too and the 416 got the hand-me down!

Next is some info on relays for the 416 I'll place in the electrical section! (Damn thing still doesn't start right)!

It just felt good to be puttering in the sunshine for awhile this afternoon.......period!

semperfi8185

Installed new fuel pump and air cleaner on the on the 264-6.

dandan111

Working on my header for my 654 repower project. Helped my brother on his new green one.

Theroundhousernr

Did a little mowing Friday with the 520H. I put new wheels on the deck. Replaced all the bushings in the mower deck frame. New lift rod because the one on the deck was made out of threaded rod and the threads where starting to grind away at the hole. Sharpened the deck blades and shot some grease into the spindles and away I went for the first mow of the season.  

Everything worked great. I cant wait to finish my yard and tear down some of those big ugly , straggly burning bushes in the photos. A lot of clean up and prunning to take care of from the original owners.

DSCN3839.jpg

DSCN3837.jpg

DSCN3842.jpg

Kyle

• Like 2

Hammerhead

Today I wiped out the mower deck on my 314-8 Speed while mowing grass for the 2nd time this year! I hit a stump that was sticking up a little higher than last year! I thought the deck got bent into the blades but on further inspection, I found out I broke a spindle housing on the center blade! Dang, the whole machine came to an abrupt stop and kind of bounced up a few inches and the knocking started right away! I turned off the blades and limped back to the garage. I put it up on ramps and noticed the center blade was crooked on the deck. Then I turned it a few times and saw the upper pulley was dragging on the top of the deck housing. Then I saw a big crack in the aluminum spindle housing! So I had to pull the deck off of it which on that model is pretty easy with the Attachamatic System. So I got a different deck off the pile and greased the spindles and sharpened the blades and installed it back on the tractor. I greased the front end, rims and steering components and oiled some deck pressure points. It fired right up and mowed smooth and steered much better! Wahoo, back to work then....I will have to swap out the spindle later. One bad thing is the old deck is a 48 inch hawg and the replacement deck was only a 42 inch cut! Dang it! 

• Like 1

dandan111

Least you had a extra deck hammerhead. I would be down.

AMC RULES

Always...  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

back up your :wh: back up. 

jdleach

Over the weekend and after I mowed the yard Saturday, I pulled the front wheels off to inspect the wheel bearings on the 312-8. They were in great shape. Cleaned the built up black tarry crap from around the hubs, and replaced the nails the PO had used instead of cotter pins. Found that I had some pretty bad end play on the wheels. Manual calls for 0-.015" end play. The cotter pin holes are 3/16", and a 3/16" cotter pin will just go through. Using two new pins, and removing the shims, I was able to achieve zero play. Wheels spin beautifully.

I also greased the tractor and lubed all pivot points. Removed the funky golf ball knob the PO had installed on the throttle shaft. Ordered a new throttle knob from Glen Pettit, along with new front wheel dust caps(missing), spindle caps, and a steering wheel button (the original button is missing). The dash is beginning to look kinda ratty with several scratches, chips, and some rust around the edges of the sheet metal. Since it will be some time before I get around to painting the tractor, I decided that at least I could make it look a little better by replacing the rusty screws. Went to the local hardware store and purchased new stainless steel 1/4-20 Phillips screws and stainless lock washers, and installed them. Looks a bit better, and the new fasteners won't rust. I have found that in many places, Wheel Horse used Loc-tite on the fasteners instead of lock washers, although the screws and bolts are long enough to accommodate a washer. I figure this was a cost-saving measure. Although I have nothing against Loc-tite, I do prefer a washer. So every place a come across that can use a lock washer, I install them. As an example: Saturday I also adjusted the PTO brake. WH used Loc-tite on the fasteners. When I did the adjustment, I installed 1/4" split-lock washers. Had plenty of thread to do so on the bolts, and the modification looks proper.

I then pulled the left rear wheel, and adjusted the brake band, as it was a little loose. Still have plenty of lining though. While the tractor was on the floor jack, it was easier to check the tire pressure. PO had over inflated both rears to 20 PSI. Let the air out, and installed new Schrader valve caps, as they too were missing. Applied a bit of grease to the lug bolts, and re-installed the tire.

When I first purchased the 312-8 about a month ago, I went through and changed the oil, gave it a good greasing and oiling, and a good bath. I also spent some time assessing what I needed to do. Many, many parts were missing. The steering column was gone, both headlight bezels, headlights were burnt out, range selector knob gone, golf ball for a throttle knob, missing dust caps, etc. Since then, I have replaced the headlights, the headlight bezels (which necessitated straightening the hood and grille in several places. Luckily, the damage was minor with no creases or breaks). The missing range knob, dust caps, and column are all ordered. The deck blades were a disaster. I don't believe the PO ever sharpened them. Basically just scrap, I ordered new ones and installed them the week after I brought the tractor home. 

The biggest repair I have undertaken so far has been the hood hinge. When I first opened the hood, I thought it was going to fall off, there was so much slop in the hinge. Two weeks ago, I removed the hood and hinge to assess the damage. The 3/8" pin was worn almost completely through on the ends, and the holes in the hinge bracket had worn to slots about 7/8" long. Good thing I am a toolmaker by trade. Using a length of 4140 pre-hardened steel, I turned out a new pin and slotted it for the e-clips. When cutting the grooves, I moved their position in by about .100". I then welded on the oblong holes in the brackets, then re-drilled the holes over-size. I then turned two bushings from bearing bronze, and pressed them into the brackets with the heads ( heads were made .100" thick) toward the inside. When all assembled, I had just enough room to install the e-clips, and leave almost zero end-play. The hood is now level instead of drooping toward the front, and has very little play. At some point, I will remove the mule drive bracket, and bush the hood pin holes in it. They have some wear, but not excessive yet. I also noticed that the hood will drop almost all the way to the floor. The blasted hood stop pin is gone. Will take a few measurements, and make one when I go to work tonight.

Edited by jdleach
  • Excellent 1

6.0 powerstroke

finally got both machines to the new house, almost two acres of grass to cut now. 

first cut was pretty rough  but a few more passes should clean up the clippings

gsummers

I am redoing my new to me 312 Hydro, went into my Dads, sandblasted the deck, and the running boards, he does Not have a cabinet, just the hose and nozzle to use in the driveway, what a mess to use. Oh well, got the running boards all cleaned up, primered, and got the bottoms painted this evening. Still have the side covers and the seat pan to do yet, hope to have it all done by next weekend and then let the paint cure for a couple of weeks before I start applying the new decals. Will have pics when it is done. Hoping everyone is having a great weekend!

55rj35jr

Mounted tombstone weight on my 701

post-5315-0-79078400-1401109240.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:bow-blue:  :bow-blue:  :bow-blue:

Mounted tombstone weight on my 701

Wheel-N-It

Installed a new battery in my 414 Hydro today. Boring but thats what I did. ;)

RMCIII

Well, let the photos tell what I did.

post-10322-0-45721700-1401182662.jpg

post-10322-0-77113800-1401182668.jpg

post-10322-0-91860800-1401182675.jpg

post-10322-0-74368200-1401182683.jpg

squonk

Installed a new battery in my 414 Hydro today. Boring but thats what I did. ;)

Not if you hook it up backwards!  :ychain:

• Like 1