6.0 powerstroke

what did you do for your horse today?

6.0 powerstroke

I've seen threads like this in other forums, maybe one can be started here?

Just quick posts about anything interesting you did with your horse, but really doesn't need a new topic started

Today I pulled out the 417. It fired right up, and ran pretty good considering the old fuel in it

post-11954-0-49978600-1397354876.jpg

post-11954-0-40344800-1397354908.jpg

Edited by 6.0 powerstroke

rwilson

Stripped the threads out of the spark plug hole!! That's all I did for my horse! Put some more paint on my daughters tractor. Have rear rims and hood left.

56flatbed

How do you get yours to stick to that 90 degree incline? :ychain: 

• Like 4

56flatbed

Seriously, I sanded and primed the rusty hood, reinstalled the drive belt and cussed the plastic fender again, on the c145.  One of these days I'll get over to Kelly's and pick up a real fender for that thing.

6.0 powerstroke

How do you get yours to stick to that 90 degree incline? :ychain: [/quote

It comes in handy to trim back the shrubs....]

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Had my new 1277 FEL tractor out for an oil change today. 

• Like 7

dennist

Finally got some good weather and cleaned a tractor carb...not good

post-3300-0-78108700-1397355441_thumb.jp

post-3300-0-04494200-1397355476_thumb.jp

post-3300-0-69305700-1397355505_thumb.jp

zieg72

I converted my 414-8 to a forward swept axle and gear reduction steering and put a deck on her to get it ready to mow next week...

• Like 2

varosd

Wait a a gosh darn minute there Mr. AMC!!  There is a lean-to structure on the back of your shed. That's how you fit all those goodies in there!! 

"Ignore the man behind the curtain" Wiz of Oz  :rolleyes:    Sigh! and we thought it was magic!

Dennist:  looks like the Coffee mate I put into my java this a.m.!

Finally got some good weather and cleaned a tractor carb...not good

• Like 3

HorseFixer

Wasn't feeling the best yesterday (chest cold) It was the Best day so far it was 72 deg. :thumbs:  I went out in the garage tried to start a Wisconsin Engine I got off flee bay (I didn't try real hard) :hide:   I got tuckered out pulling the recoil Sat down in the chair, drank a beer, got up turned the light off and went in the house.  :confusion-shrug:

~Duke   :wh:

• Like 1

squonk

And out of the magic  shed comes the D-8!!! OPPS!!  :) LOOK OUT FOR THE WORKHORSE!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! What do you mean that downspout is flat!  :laughing-rolling:  Don't you know you're supposed to wear a hard hat when operating "Heavy Equipment" ! Where is it??? :helmet:   :scratchead:  Awesome tractor!!  :)  :bow-blue:

• Like 2

squonk

I dethatched, Swept, and overseeded the yard with the 704 and I think I managed to kill the fuel pump yesterday. Had to push er in.  :eusa-think: Will be rolling with Ezra today.  :thumbs:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Does it need a fuel pump Mike?

squonk

Does it need a fuel pump Mike?

I think so I ran it about an hour and it purred for about 3/4 of it then it started running crappy. Pulled out the choke some and it ran better. Went in for lunch and Skyped with the Dino for a bit :eusa-whistle:  and went back out and it ran fine for another half hr. Then it did it again. Got to the point where it wouldn't stay running at all. I  pushed it into my "Magic Shed" :) Went out this morning and it started right up and I drove it into the garage. Carb was done by an old pro. Fuel valve, lines and filter are all new too. When I got it the pump was bad and wouldn't let it run below half tank. I replaced it with a used one. Tank is full now. I'm thinking maybe one of those little poppets are sticking and not letting fuel flow good even with gravity.It's one of those vacuum operated pumps. I may have to throw originality out the window and retro fit it to an electric pump. :tools-wrench:  :hide:

Edited by squonk

squonk

Got Ezra out today and lugged the chipper to my "smaller pile" of pine cones to shred. Worst year ever for pine cones on the ground. :omg:  Then got the roller out and cruised for a while. :)

post-2380-0-83043400-1397420351_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-67991600-1397420624_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-28614800-1397420803_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-35513800-1397420858_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Digger 66

Mine's still in her winter nest . I did however put the Battery-Tender on her today  :) .

6.0 powerstroke

Uncovered, fueled up an put air in the tires of the c, only winterizing was stabil.

Started right up after a few cranks, could use a carb cleaning and tune

Let's see if I can get these pics right side up...

post-11954-0-90380700-1397439198.jpg

post-11954-0-76644900-1397439218.jpg

shallowwatersailor

Lightened the collection by two wheels (see "Other Brands" for the story.) :)

post-3066-0-89747000-1397440953_thumb.jppost-3066-0-32555400-1397441226_thumb.jp

Edited by shallowwatersailor

papaglide

Did some discing in the garden. Didn't really accomplish anything but wasn't expecting to. I just wanted to do something with my 416-8 repowered with a new 20 horse Onan.

post-2771-0-84621200-1397441417_thumb.jp

• Like 4

music100

Pulled off a front wheel to try and match up the right sized one at a mower shop close by. PO had 6 inch on it and should have 8. Need to quit saying those bad words when I think of the guy I bought it from. Maybe new tires and wheels soon.

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Pulled off a front wheel to try and match up the right sized one at a mower shop close by. PO had 6 inch on it and should have 8. Need to quit saying those bad words when I think of the guy I bought it from. Maybe new tires and wheels soon.

If its a 300 (or maybe even a 400) series that could have been factory. They ran the 6" wheels on some of them to clear the oddly shaped 37" deck while turning. :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

:scared-eek:   Yes you do.   :hilarious:

c-series don

The spindles on tractors with factory six inch wheels are a little longer to compensate for the height difference in the tire.The good news is you can run a 60" deck and it will turn about 95% without hitting the deck and even then it is only a little. I have my 416- H set up with one and love it !

Pickle

I was really ready to do more work with my 417A today. I awoke to 2" of new fallen snow.

post-11460-0-04600800-1397613514_thumb.j

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Had a me a mini roundhood festivus here today...

2014's first fire in the hole.     :text-woo:

post-3498-0-72928500-1397779426_thumb.jp

• Like 1