bmsgaffer

Brinly Sweeper: A Craigslist Story

bmsgaffer

I know that Brinly is a household name for ground engaging equipment such as plows and they have been around forever (175 years to be exact). I needed a tow-behind sweeper and saw that Brinly makes those to this day. Granted they are a little lighter duty than what was made 40 years ago, but that's just the way it is.

I found a tow-behind Brinly sweeper on Craigslist that was New in Box for half the price of a new one. I could not afford a new one, so that was the best option I could have found.

71DFmn2uvEL._SL1500_.jpg

Picked up the sweeper in the box, briefly checked it over and seemed good so away I went. I found out later that ALL of the hardware (screws, nuts, bots, pins) was missing. Call the seller up and hes good about it and offers me another one that he had already built and used once. Picked that one up and it looked fine. Got it home, its broken! The height adjustment is jammed (looks like the metal frame was bent). Called the seller AGAIN and he thought I was nuts, so I took it to him and showed him. He stood behind it and I took the "new in box" one back and he refunded some of my money. Its hard to find a craigslist seller that will work with you like that! Granted, I drove a more than 200 miles just to be back where I started, but still cheaper than a new one from Home Depot.

Now to Brinly: I shoot an email off to Brinly explaining the situation and trying to see if I could purchase replacement hardware, and a couple tubes that were missing. I get an email the next morning from a very nice lady that sent me ALL the missing hardware free of charge OVERNIGHT! I know it was like $30 or $40 worth of parts I was missing.

If anyone owns one of these, they know how much a pain the spring-rods are that hold the bag up in the back when you want to fold or unfold the bag. She even is sending me their new "folding spreader bars" that allow you to fold and unfold the unit without the spring rods! All I have to do is drill a pair of holes in the top tubes, the bottom holes are already there.

So all this to say: I am buying Brinly and I recommend you do too!

It is hard to find a company these days with that much integrity and willingness to help.

Thanks for sticking with the long story!

• Like 4

SousaKerry

Sweet got to love good customer service :handgestures-thumbupright::greetings-clappingyellow:

squonk

I bought the same sweeper used for $50 a couple of years ago. And I mean used!!'

I needed new drive pinions and the sent me new ones along with new gears free!!!

• Like 2

rexman72

thats a  nice find

Tankman

40 years ago, wife drove the Horse with the rear discharge deck. Jackson sweeper in tow!

My acre of grass was always soooooooooo cleannnnnnnnnn!   :laughing-rofl:

Good luck with the Brinly. Your lawn'll look great!

brandonozz

I had no idea they had been around that long.....sounds like a testiment as to why Brinley is still in business after 175 years .... great customer service even when they hadn't done anything wrong! 

posifour11

Very impressive. I'm glad a company still cares.

hm12460

That is impressive. Good customer service is hard to find. I sold a John Deere sweeper last fall, just a re-badged Brinly.

zieg72

Good to know.  I have a similar story about Bunn coffee makers, same great customer service