6wheeler

D250 engine trouble

6wheeler

Hi everyone. I am picking up a D250 as soon as it dries up a bit. The tractor doesn't run and he told me that they thought it may be the distributor may be bad. Is that a problem on these? Also, there is a hole in the fender pan on the left side. It doesn't seem to be cracked up anywhere else. Has anyone repaired such a plastic fender like this? Thanks Pat

weien's wheel horses

Fix it with fiber glass thats what im doing to my cracked fender on my d250

546cowboy

You know I tried to fix one of those plastic fenders a couple years ago. I tried fiberglass and it would not stick to that plastic. I never found anything that would stick to it. Tried Bondo, plastic epoxy and anything else I could find, No luck!

ericj

i don't know all of ins and outs of it but i've been told that you have to plastic weld the fenders, may be able to do some research and find out more. i have talked to somebody that did it and he said it worked good.

good luck

eric j 

C-101plowerpower

maybe a hot soldering iron would work for the cracks, people over here use them to fix cracks in plastic car bumpers

Koen

Shuboxlover

Someone....I believe a member here, makes quality reproductions of the fenders.  But I can't remember who :banghead:

Buzz

I think that if I were buying it, my main concern would be why it isn't rather than repairing the fender. I don't own a D-250 but I've heard that engine parts, including the distributor, aren't the easiest things to find. Get it running first then make it look pretty. That's only my 2 cents and in this economy it's probably not even worth that.

• Like 2

squonk

I used to work on Renaults. We called them "The Unfixable Car" for a reason!  :eusa-whistle:

6wheeler

I used to work on Renaults. We called them "The Unfixable Car" for a reason!  :eusa-whistle:

Yeah, I know that too. But, maybe, just maybe. I will get lucky and get it running. It may just become a diesel if the Le Car engine gives me too much grief. I wiil get some pics when I get it home.
  • Like 1

posifour11

Can't wait to see it.